Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Mid-America Airport (BLV) to Orlando (MCO) Flight? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, friends! I currently work for Radio Disney but have been on a hold list for quite some time for a position in the entertainment department of WDW. My fiance ...
    drumguyrobc is offline A-Ticket holder

Mid-America Airport (BLV) to Orlando (MCO) Flight?

Hello, friends!

I currently work for Radio Disney but have been on a hold list for quite some time for a position in the entertainment department of WDW. My fiance and I have decided to give it a shot and just move to Orlando soon after we're married. We take frequent trips to the world, usually by car, but sometimes by plane from St. Louis Lambert International (STL) to MCO. We are thinking of taking a quick trip to Orlando to look at apartments/houses and don't want to spend the time driving for such a shortened trip. There is apparently a cheap, twice-weekly flight between Mid-America Airport (BLV) to MCO that I have heard about many times, but I cannot seem to find any information on the subject. The airport's website is likely the worst I've seen for something as official as an airport. I've only flown out of BLV once, over a decade ago, though it was to MCO. Are there any Midwestern-ers out there who have any experience with this airport or flight?

Thanks!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Mid-America Airport (BLV) to Orlando (MCO) Flight?

That airport is a management mess. They have tried so may things over the last 15 years. I am not even sure if there is an anchor airline there anymore. I know they were trying to turn a chunk into a cargo airport but the board and the commissioners are at odds with each other. One of the vacant hangers is being used by a airplane manufacturer to assemble parts and are flown in and out of the airport. Every year the airport operates in the red and is really supported by tax dollars. Shame it had the potential to take the run off business from Lambert.

It is a very modern, clean airport that rarely has anyone inside of it and the parking lot is usually empty. Allegiant Air last month suspended its twice weekly run to MCO. Likely why you can't find anything about them on the Website.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

drumguyrobc is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Mid-America Airport (BLV) to Orlando (MCO) Flight?

Thank you for the quick response. That explains why I cannot find anything about those flights. It's a shame, we were hoping that would be our direct link back to see family every month once we move.