Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Bus Update in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone: just came back from a week in WDW (oct16-23), and we had an interesting conversation with a bus driver. We were complaining to her about another driver who ...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Bus Update

Hey everyone:

just came back from a week in WDW (oct16-23), and we had an interesting conversation with a bus driver. We were complaining to her about another driver who had been so late in getting to AKL to take guests to D.D. that people wound up being very late for dinner reservations. (He also drove so slow that Mickey strolled by at a faster pace...lol) But the nice driver Donna, told us that some buses now have GPS and eventually they all will. Part of what this will enable managers to do is to track how long it takes a driver to do their runs. Which will in turn help to weed out exactly which drivers seem to be a problem. She said they are starting already to try and weed out the slower drivers. Btw...she also took our complaint to a manager. And she gave us good advice if you have a problem driver.

1) note either the driver's name or the bus number
    2) take note of the time you board and depart the bus
    3) make sure you have the run the bus made ex: AKL to MK
    4) when you arrive at your destination, ask another driver if you can speak to a manager due to a complaint.

PS...if you ever get Donna (she is heavy set, short curly blonde hair, very very funny) ask her about the monorail to MGM..funny yet true and if you pass by the Coronado without stopping..yell out "Hey i thought we were going to the Coronado!" She will laugh and laugh at that one..I promise!
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I had an experience with a bad driver back in February...he was so rude! I should have made a complaint.

But that was nothing compared to the wreck we were in on the way to the Animal Kingdom Lodge when a car ran into our bus!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I had a VERY rude driver back in August. He was VERY rude, and drove RIGHT past our bus stop! Plus I think he was a little older too. LOL, always when we're about to get a bus, we hope that we have a nice, funny driver. GaRain, WOW! I would hope everyone was alright!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    But that was nothing compared to the wreck we were in on the way to the Animal Kingdom Lodge when a car ran into our bus!!
    OMG Lara! Talk about putting a damper on your trip! Hope everyone was alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    I had a VERY rude driver back in August. He was VERY rude, and drove RIGHT past our bus stop! Plus I think he was a little older too. LOL, always when we're about to get a bus, we hope that we have a nice, funny driver. GaRain, WOW! I would hope everyone was alright!
    What do you consider "a little older"????

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Everyone was fine. I just couldn't believe it happened. This car drove around the lane into the bus land and SMACK! right into our bus, we were all looking out the window at him like he was insane! Don't you know that the bus is gonna win?!

We all had to sit there while management was called, they were gonna put us onto another bus, but ours was not damaged. I had to fill out an accident witness form, but they never contacted me about it.

We made it to the AKL about 20 minutes before our seating time......
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ouch! Glad everyone was ok. Right before I left a job in Security at a College, the last accident I handled was a Bus and a Lincoln Town Car. Guess who lost? But i know how bad they can be...
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Stitchster is offline B-Ticket Holder

Angry

Going from the AK Lodge to Magic Kingdom is a horrible wait (about 20 when I was there) there were about 100 people waiting and parents would send there young children (maybe 4 or 5 years old) and when they got on the parents would say "My children are on there!! My children are on there!!" So once I said to the parents "Well come get them" My family just missed the last bus and boy was I not a happy camper.

Stitchzilla on VMK

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What they need to do is get rid of the bus system and expand the monorails!But oh no Disney says monorails are to much $ so they use slow unsafe buses instead.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by urmom1o1
    What they need to do is get rid of the bus system and expand the monorails!But oh no Disney says monorails are to much $ so they use slow unsafe buses instead.
    I can't imagine a monorail system linking every resort and every theme park, water park, and DTD. It would be a horrible boondoggle. WDW would be crisscrossed with monorail tracks. If there were hubs, it would add to the wait times, because you'd have to wait for two monorails, one at your resort, and one at the hub to get a monorail to your final destination.

Also, monorails break down much more often than buses, and if a bus breaks down it's easy enough to send another bus, but if a monorail train breaks down it's a MUCH bigger problem.

It's one thing to say that Disney doesn't want to do it because of the expense (I hope you don't mind $200 per day admission prices!!!), but seriously think about the PRACTICALITY of TOTAL monorail service, how it would actually be carried out.

Gee, why not suggest boats everywhere while you're at it, I'm sure they could dig artificial rivers to connect everywhere with everywhere! Disney's good at that, there are VERY FEW natural bodies of water on WDW property.
    Last edited by CleveRocks; 08-01-2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: very strange censoring system censored a VERY normal word (the fake body of water, the Panama "______")
    -- Eric

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone know, if all of the buses have GPS yet?

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*