Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Around the world questions in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, I am having a total mind blank about the bus system.... I have to go from Port Orleans - Riverside to Guest Relations at any park. I have heard ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Around the world questions

Ok, I am having a total mind blank about the bus system....
    I have to go from Port Orleans - Riverside to Guest Relations at any park.
    I have heard that the one at the International Gateway at Epcot is the best one to visit as it is not as crowded. Well, I don't think you can get there by bus....so, how do I get there?
    Also, the buses don't go from park to park - correct? If I wanted to go from Epcot to DAK I would have to visit a resort or Downtown Disney first?

Just trying to get my bearings before I get down there...have my plans in place before the girls join up with me later in the day!

Lara
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I'm pretty sure you can take the busses from park to park, not from hotel to hotel though. Are you going to have your pass before going to guest relations? If so just take the bus to epcot and walk through. If not ride over to downtown disney and then to the beach club or boardwalk and walk to the back entrance. Hope that helps.

Nope, that is why I have to go to guest relations.....to get my pass! I am so excited to be an AP holder!!!

If I knew what resorts sent boats to the International Gateway.....

Yacht and Beach club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin. It's usually quicker to walk from any of these hoptels though.

Thanks Sara.....I think I will travel to the Boardwalk and find the path then.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Brain Fart....

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    To get from Port Orleans to International Gateway, take the bus from PO to MGM. Then take the launch to International Gateway. Fastest way.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    To get from Port Orleans to International Gateway, take the bus from PO to MGM. Then take the launch to International Gateway. Fastest way.

Actually that launch stops at 3 hotels before getting to Epcot's International Gateway
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I personally think the boat is reeeeeeally slow. It literally takes 1/2 an hour to get from MGM to Epcot. I still think you are better off with a bus from downtown disney to whichever of the three hotels it gets to first (I'm not sure which) and walking.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    We just stayed at PO French Quarter this past weekend. It is a pretty short ride to EPCOT's front entrance. It's much faster to do that and walk to World Showcase than go to MGM and take the boat. It is pretty slow.

You can catch buses from the parks to other parks. I believe if you want to go somewhere else from MK you have to go to Ticket and Transportation to catch the buses, but the stops are close to the resort stops at the others.

The main reason I wanted to go to the International Gateway is that I have to go to Guest Relations to get my AP done. I have heard this is the best location with the shortest lines....Therefor, going in the front and walking around really isn't an option. But y'all have given me some GREAT ideas. I may try that walk from the Boardwalk or Beach Club!!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I got my AP at the front gate of EPCOT and the line wasn't too long. I guess it depends on the day and the time.

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    One other thought I have depends on when you arrive. One time when I went I arrived in the late afternoon and by then no one was really buy tickets or anything so if you arrive in the afternoon go then instead of first thing in the morning where there are more people trying to do the same thing.