Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transportation Discuss Magical Express Question! in the Vacation Planning forums; yeah, because otherwise, they will probably pick you up at noon to be at the airport for 8. So definitely call them and tell them....
    skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yeah, because otherwise, they will probably pick you up at noon to be at the airport for 8. So definitely call them and tell them.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit11
    I just booked ME for our trip. They did not want to know any of our flight times. Our returning flight does not leave the airport until 8:00pm. If they don't know the flight times do they just pick any time to pick us up or do we tell them the time? I don't want to spend the day in the airport.
    Well, the particular CM you spoke with may not have wanted your flight info, but they at very least DO need your arrival flight info. Call them back and you'll speak with someone else. When you arrive at MCO and check in at the DME Welcome Center, you could always give them your departure flight info at that time, if you haven't already done it before. But your arrival flight info is the crucial info prior to the start of your trip.

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    Thanks for all the info!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    yeah, because otherwise, they will probably pick you up at noon to be at the airport for 8. So definitely call them and tell them.
    What on Earth are you talking about??? You truly have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't spread false information, that's not very nice.

The DME standard is to pick up MCO-bound guests 2.75 or 3 hours prior to flight.

Quote Originally Posted by biskit11
    I just booked ME for our trip. They did not want to know any of our flight times. Our returning flight does not leave the airport until 8:00pm. If they don't know the flight times do they just pick any time to pick us up or do we tell them the time? I don't want to spend the day in the airport.
    I just learned something a few days ago that I thought I'd share. We already knew there are two ways to make DME arrival reservations, through CRO (407-WDISNEY) or directly through DME (866-599-0951). Well, I learned that the computer database used by DME CMs only has a 60 day window into the future. In other words, if it's more than 2 months before your arrival at MCO, they can't see or manipulate any info.

But when I made my DME reservations it was something like 5 months before my trip. That's because I reserved DME when I made my package reservations through CRO. So "Disney" has a DME reservation for me, but the Disney CMs working in the DME department won't have access to my info until September, in my case, for my November trip.

So biskit11, you can call CRO to make your DME ressie. Then again, I see by your ticker than you're 2 months away TODAY. You could try again today. Then again, your ticker says 2 months, so you could also call DME directly. But then again, "2 months" could mean 61 or 62 days and not 60, so maybe wait a few days.

GOOD LUCK!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can not wait to take advantage of this service. Thanks for all the tips as well!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Reviving another old thread to say THANK YOU!!! This thread helped me make the decision to have my TA sign me up for DME right away. I booked my flights this a.m. so I have all the info.

I arrive MCO at 11 a.m. so I'm really hoping I don't have to worry about my bags being delivered by 9 or 10 p.m. when I get back to my room.

What a luxury to be able to get off the plane without hitting baggage claim. And, I'm flying Continental so on the return I can check bags in at the resort and forget about them until I'm back home. Sounds great to me. I'm willing to give it a try.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

flutter is offline Moderator
    we will be using DME too, it usually takes less than an hour for me to get to resort after landing at MCO. So, as long as check in doesn't ake too long you should have no problem getting to the Megamouse meet in time
    see you there

Thanks flutter! I'm going DME for sure. And, silly me, I'm booked at All Star MUSIC not Movies, lol. I emailed my TA flight info to sign me up for DME and made reference to ASMo. She emailed me back that I was at ASMu because ASMo was full. At least I know where I'm going now, lol.

Interestingly, she told me I have to sign myself up for DME and emailed me the link. I don't mind doing it myself but thought I'd read posts right here that said their AAA TA arranged DME for them.

Thanks again for the info. See you at MegaMeet.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

flutter is offline Moderator
    I don't know about AAA but my TA does all the arranging I just sent her my flight info

Not feeling well and planning a Disney trip isn't working for me, lol. I am NOT paying attention to detail. First, I forget which resort my TA booked me at. Second, I didn't "read" detail in the link she sent me. Turns out it's a link to my TA. I simply fill in my flight info, "submit" and she takes it from there. So, all is well and I'm on my way.

Thanks everyone! See you all at MouseFest
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about??? You truly have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't spread false information, that's not very nice.

The DME standard is to pick up MCO-bound guests 2.75 or 3 hours prior to flight.
    If Magical Express doesn't know their flight time, just that it is in the afternoon, then they will be picked up way too early.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    If Magical Express doesn't know their flight time, just that it is in the afternoon, then they will be picked up way too early.
    It just doesn't work that way! DME reservations are based on exact times. There's no way for the DME computer to have in its database that a person's flight is "just ... in the afternoon." There's no field in which to enter such data. Quite literally, it wouldn't compute. There would be a phone call made to the guest to inquire, since no time would be entered in.

Besides, the other important detail you don't seem to be aware of is that one day prior to departure, you get documentation left dangling on your doorknob, informing you of your exact DME pickup time. It even says on the letter that if the time is incorrect you should call them and it gives the number.

Let's please stop spreading misninformation and fear.
    -- Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12