Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Magical Express Question! in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the whole magical express works and how we would use it when we arrived @ MCO. please & thank you...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Magical Express Question!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the whole magical express works and how we would use it when we arrived @ MCO. please & thank you
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    The whole idea behind it is that when ur booking ur trip they let u get with the Magical Express. When u get to the terminal, they send u down to the desk where they tell u what bus to go to and u dont have to worry about luggage. So you end up getting a nice busride(with a nice get-you-excited-for-disney video). Your luggage ends up getting delivered into your room within a couple hours from the time you get to the resort. Its really nice because it saves on car rental.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Just know you have to make a reservation before your trip. But it is really easy! Put your tag on the bag when you check in at your airport. Once you reach MCO, head down to Ground Transportation, they send you to a bus and you are off to your resort!!
    Coming home, they put a tag on your door the day before with your pick up time. You show up, the bus is there and you have a nice relaxing ride back to the airport, where you can stand in the LONGEST security line EVER! And be sad because you are leaving.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Exclamation

If we are booking through AAA travel agent, do they book it for us??
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Just know you have to make a reservation before your trip. But it is really easy! Put your tag on the bag when you check in at your airport. Once you reach MCO, head down to Ground Transportation, they send you to a bus and you are off to your resort!!
    Coming home, they put a tag on your door the day before with your pick up time. You show up, the bus is there and you have a nice relaxing ride back to the airport, where you can stand in the LONGEST security line EVER! And be sad because you are leaving.

I left there yesterday and yes I was VERY sad....

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    AAA does offer Magical Express, just prior to checking out of your resort make sure you check at the desk for pick up time that corrdinates with your airline

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Your Magical Express documents will arrive 10 days prior to your departure from home

Talking

I just checked out print out from AAA and it shows that Magical express is already set up for us. thanks everyone!
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

HVACMD is offline A-Ticket holder
    We didn't get our Magical Express tags until we arrived home from our trip. Our agent warned us that there was nothing magical about the service - he was right. We flew in on US Air, so we were in the wrong terminal for Magical Express and had to drag our bags up 2 floors, across to the next terminal and down to the 1st floor. It was a pain with 2 kids. Hope your experience is better.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up No one has to pick up their own bags at MCO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HVACMD
    We didn't get our Magical Express tags until we arrived home from our trip. Our agent warned us that there was nothing magical about the service - he was right. We flew in on US Air, so we were in the wrong terminal for Magical Express and had to drag our bags up 2 floors, across to the next terminal and down to the 1st floor. It was a pain with 2 kids. Hope your experience is better.
    Unfortunately, you were BADLY misinformed by your travel agent. Everyone on every airline gets their luggage delivered to their resort room (if they want).

Unfortunately, a lot of people are badly misinformed because of the misnomer "participating airline." Participating airline only comes into play when you are LEAVING WDW and returning to MCO. But when you arrive at MCO, EVERYONE gets the full spectrum of DME services, including the automatic luggage delivery, regardless of airline. So your travel agent made a mess for you that didn't need to be.

Also, people who for whatever reason don't have the special DME luggage tags on their checked bags can STILL get their luggage automatically delivered to their resort room. EVERYONE needs to check in at the DME Welcome Center. When it's your turn, one of the questions you'll be asked is whether or not your bags have the special DME tags on them. If not, you'll be asked for your baggage claim ticket numbers, and you'll also be asked to identify each piece of your luggage using a photo array of every brand and style of luggage known to man. A CM will then be dispatched to pick up your bags for you, and then will bring them back "behind the scenes" to the rest of the DME luggage, which gets transported to the resorts by trucks (not on the DME buses).

On the way back from WDW to MCO, people who are flying on a "participating airline" can check their luggage in at their resort's Resort Airline Check-In desk, and then not see the luggage again until it's on their home airport's baggage claim carousel. If you are NOT flying on a participating airline, your luggage goes on the bus with you back to the airport, and once you get there you check it in with your airline just liek any other time you travel anywhere.

It's a shame that a misinformed travel agent messed you up like that. I used DME on its 4th day of operation. I researched the heck out of it before we went, so I knew exactly what to expect. For me and my wife and our 5 year old and 2.5 year old, it WAS quite magical to not have to mess with our bags, and also to get to our resort in under an hour. We're happily using DME again this fall.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, CleveRocks! Thanks for a very clear explanation!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That was a great explaination! I just came back from WDW. This was the second time I've used the Magical Express. This is a great service! Don't let people who complain that it took hours for their luggage to get to their room scare you. It is a very smooth operation. You will not regret it.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    I just booked ME for our trip. They did not want to know any of our flight times. Our returning flight does not leave the airport until 8:00pm. If they don't know the flight times do they just pick any time to pick us up or do we tell them the time? I don't want to spend the day in the airport.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    You may want to give them a call. Within 10 days of you leaving for FL, you will get an envelope in the mail with your boarding pass for ME and yellow luggage tags. All your flight information should be printed on them. On the day of your departure from where you are staying at the resort, you will get your check out information left on your door knob with the time the ME bus will pick you up. It's usually 3 hours before your flight departs.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05
    You may want to give them a call. Within 10 days of you leaving for FL, you will get an envelope in the mail with your boarding pass for ME and yellow luggage tags. All your flight information should be printed on them. On the day of your departure from where you are staying at the resort, you will get your check out information left on your door knob with the time the ME bus will pick you up. It's usually 3 hours before your flight departs.
    Thanks! I will give them a call to verify everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast