Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Downtown Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, Can anyone tell me....I will be staying off-site when coming over in Nov/Dec. so I know I will need to get to the Disney Transportation Center before I go ...
    disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Downtown Disney

Hi, Can anyone tell me....I will be staying off-site when coming over in Nov/Dec. so I know I will need to get to the Disney Transportation Center before I go anywhere . I,m sure I remember you used to be able to get a Disney bus from there to Downtown Disney .Can you still get to Downtown Disney that way or do you have to go first to a Disney Hotel & then take a bus from there.
    If you do have to get to a Disney Hotel to get your bus to Downtown Disney then which is the easiest way??
    What hotel is the nearest to go to ...from Transportation center? Or does anyone know another easy option .?.......I will be staying in International Drive

I Belle
    Maggie

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Will you have a car?

Does your hotel offer a shuttle?

If you're cabbing it why not just have them drop you off at the TTC.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Hi Maggie(love the name),

The TTC is not the big hub it used to be, you actualy can now get a bus to almost anywhere from the Downtown Disney, routes change (seems almost daily sometimes)so be sure to check signs or ask the drivers. Enjoy your trip!!!

almost forgot the TTC doesn't have a parking area, you would park at MK parking and ride the tram in.
    Last edited by HappyDznyCamper; 03-09-2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Maggie

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

downtown disney

Thanks for getting back to me
    We don,t drive........lol ...so thats out.
    The shuttle from hotel is to Transportation Center& is only offered in the morning at two different times.
    So I am ok getting there.............just need to know if I can then get direct from there to Downtown Disney or do I need to still go on another trip to a disney hotel to get a connection .I love to see it(Downtown Disney ) a couple of times at night as well as a couple of times serious shopping in the daytime so cabbing it could be a bit pricey.
    Hey..lol....I,ll walk if I have too

I Belle
    Maggie

mousehouseguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think it is a bummer that the clubs are shutting down for high priced resturants.
    Just squeeking along

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylady View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me
    We don,t drive........lol ...so thats out.
    The shuttle from hotel is to Transportation Center& is only offered in the morning at two different times.
    So I am ok getting there.............just need to know if I can then get direct from there to Downtown Disney or do I need to still go on another trip to a disney hotel to get a connection .I love to see it(Downtown Disney ) a couple of times at night as well as a couple of times serious shopping in the daytime so cabbing it could be a bit pricey.
    Hey..lol....I,ll walk if I have too
    There is NO Disney transportation between the Transportation & Ticket Center and Downtown Disney. In addition, there is NO Disney transportation between the TTC and any DIsney resort hotel.

Using Disney transportation, here is where you can get directly from the TTC: Magic Kingdom, by monorail or by ferry; Epcot, by monorail; Disney's Hollywood Studios, by bus; Animal Kingdom, by bus. That's all.

If your hotel will take you only to the TTC, and you want to get to DTD, you have, unfortunately, a lengthy trip ahead of you. From TTC, you'll need to go to one of the 4 theme parks, and from there you'll need to catch a bus to DTD.

You can walk from TTC to the Polynesian Resort, and take a bus to DTD from there; however, please keep in mind that Polynesian shares buses with the Contemporary Resort and the Grand Floridian, so this can take a while.

You can take the express monorail to Magic Kingdom and then: get a bus to Port Orleans French Quarter or Port Orleans Riverside, and from there take a pleasant boat ride to DTD; OR take a boat ride to Wilderness Lodge and take a bus from there to DTD; OR take a bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and then walk to DTD (get off at SSR's Congress Park section) or take a boat to DTD; or take a bus to Old Key West and take a boat ride to DTD.

You have numerous options ... but none of them will be particularly efficient in terms of time.
    -- Eric