Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Magical Express? Do I get it only when I book with WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Lol Well my mom has to stay there for a conference and i'm only there for a couple days. So she might rent a car to let you get around ...
    FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lol Well my mom has to stay there for a conference and i'm only there for a couple days. So she might rent a car to let you get around after i leave, getting it a day early if i don;t want to take the service back. Depends on if i want more park time or not(we got some really cheap and really good deals for the cars so it's not a money factor). Hehehehe

I can't it imagine the lines at MCO being any worse than the lines at ATL?

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I know you know the answer now, Ariel, but just in case anyone else clicked on this thread because they have the same question ....
    That would be ME Yesterday I booked room only AAA rate at All Star Movies for MouseFest through my TA. This morning it dawned on me (ouch, pardon that pun) that I might be able to take DME.

I booked my flights this a.m. but before I email my TA to sign me up for DME, has anyone here used DME? If so, was DME satisfactory?

I land at MCO at 11 a.m., Dec. 9 and have some concern that I will miss MegaMeet completely if I use DME. I know I would make the Meet with town car service but I don't want the added expense if it's not necessary. I could use your thoughts and/or suggestions.

Also, I read RUMORs on another site that DME returns to MCO now requires guests to check in 4 hours prior to their flight time instead of 3 hours. Please tell me that this truly is a rumor.

Thanks so much.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    Also, I read RUMORs on another site that DME returns to MCO now requires guests to check in 4 hours prior to their flight time instead of 3 hours. Please tell me that this truly is a rumor.
    A totally false rumor.

Remember the time back in August when the Brits foiled that terrorist plot, and then all the severe carry-on restrictions that ensued? Well, in the couple days following that mess, DME did in fact pick up 4 hours early, due to the massive delays at security. But like I said, that lasted only a few days.

DME totally, absolutely schedules pick-ups about 2.75-to-3 hours before your flight departure time.
    -- Eric

aw738 is offline A-Ticket holder
    posted in wrong thread
    Last edited by aw738; 02-04-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: wrong thread

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    It's free though 2011 it was free when i was down Jan 14-20
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

aw738 is offline A-Ticket holder
    What can I do with my carryon if I check my bags at the resort and still have time to visit the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by aw738 View Post
    What can I do with my carryon if I check my bags at the resort and still have time to visit the parks?
    Have Bell Services store them for you. Every halfway decent hotel in the USA will store bags for you before check-in on check-in day, and after check-out on check-out day. Disney resorts are no different.

Most people aren't flying one of the "participating airlines," and thus have their suitcases AND carry-ons stored for them in between check-out time and DME bus pick-up time.
    -- Eric

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    I love using Magical Express but I've never arrived late to the World. Does bell service knock on your door in the middle of the night to drop off your bags? Since it takes a few hours for your bags to arrive. We'll be getting to our resort about 9pm.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    I love using Magical Express but I've never arrived late to the World. Does bell service knock on your door in the middle of the night to drop off your bags? Since it takes a few hours for your bags to arrive. We'll be getting to our resort about 9pm.
    I most recently got to my resort at 11:00 p.m.

My plan was, when I checked in at the resort, to ask at both the front desk AND at Bell Services to have my DME bags held 'til morning. Well, I got a little Goofy at that late hour and forgot to make that request. At 1:16 a.m. (the image of the clock radio is seared on my brain), the phone rang -- it was Bell Services asking if we wanted our luggage now or later.

So the answer is, you can request to have it held 'til morning. If you don't request, they'll call before delivering it to you.
    -- Eric

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just got back a few weeks ago and DME worked great! We ended up taking our bags with Us on the bus, being that We bought into DVC only 5 days before our trip. Disney suggested this, because we were changing resorts because of the purchase and they were not sure if the tags for the luggage would arrive on time. What they did was call DME and notify them of the change of resorts for there computer, and when We came downstairs, we just showed the old resort passes and they issued Us new ones for the correct resort. They handled it very quick and simple. We just picked our bags up at the baggage claim and took them down to the bus. The driver loaded them in according to which resort You were staying. The rest was simple get in, rest, get out at your resort and then, take Your bags to check-in. Very easy!
    If Your airline does not offer early check-in at the resort on Your way home, You just take your bags to bell services and they can hold them till You are leaving and You just load them up with You and check-in at the airport with Your bags. It worked out fine!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    Thanks for the info MickeyspalJim.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Thanks for the info MickeyspalJim.

Your Welcome! any other help I can give, don't be afraid to ask. "-)
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    ********HELP EVERYONE**********
    This is the situation....
    My mom and I are travelling to WDW and staying at Wilderness Lodge in Sept. We booked a package through expedia (never again!) and it included the room for both of us, dining plan and DME. We are flying from 2 different airports to MCO (Mom from EWR, me from DTW). The expedia agent stated that he would just add me to the room which was fine by us. Now, we are having a problem getting a meal plan for me and dme vouchers. We are going to call Disney tomorrow to see what they can do. Expedia stated that they cannot help us.... Does this sound familiar to anyone here and has it happened to them before? I shouldnt have a problem getting a voucher and a tag right??? Your thoughts dwt family please! Thanks guys!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JQuatt21 View Post
    ********HELP EVERYONE**********
    This is the situation....
    My mom and I are travelling to WDW and staying at Wilderness Lodge in Sept. We booked a package through expedia (never again!) and it included the room for both of us, dining plan and DME. We are flying from 2 different airports to MCO (Mom from EWR, me from DTW). The expedia agent stated that he would just add me to the room which was fine by us. Now, we are having a problem getting a meal plan for me and dme vouchers. We are going to call Disney tomorrow to see what they can do. Expedia stated that they cannot help us.... Does this sound familiar to anyone here and has it happened to them before? I shouldnt have a problem getting a voucher and a tag right??? Your thoughts dwt family please! Thanks guys!
    DINING PLAN:

EVERYONE named on the reservation has to be doing the same dining: either everyone has the Disney Dining Plan, or no one has the Disney Dining Plan. If your Mom has it and your Expedia TA is having trouble getting you on the DDP also, then your Expedia TA is beyond clueless and should go back to selling used copiers.

DME:

Your TA needs to make sure that everyone on the reservation has DME reservations. For a party of 4 or less, DME will send only one DME packet. The bus voucher and the DME luggage tags for each individual will ALL be in that one packet. The packet will be mailed to your TA, and then your TA must know to mail it to you, or rather your Mom, as it sounds like she is the "lead" name on the reservation. When your Mom gets the stuff, she should mail you your voucher and tags. Problem solved.
    -- Eric

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    DINING PLAN:

EVERYONE named on the reservation has to be doing the same dining: either everyone has the Disney Dining Plan, or no one has the Disney Dining Plan. If your Mom has it and your Expedia TA is having trouble getting you on the DDP also, then your Expedia TA is beyond clueless and should go back to selling used copiers.

DME:

Your TA needs to make sure that everyone on the reservation has DME reservations. For a party of 4 or less, DME will send only one DME packet. The bus voucher and the DME luggage tags for each individual will ALL be in that one packet. The packet will be mailed to your TA, and then your TA must know to mail it to you, or rather your Mom, as it sounds like she is the "lead" name on the reservation. When your Mom gets the stuff, she should mail you your voucher and tags. Problem solved.

THANKS ERIC! I agree with you about the expedia ta being clueless.. last time i use them again!!! I appreciate the detailed response and help. Thank you!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast