Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Magical Express? Do I get it only when I book with WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; or can I book rooms etc through other agents and still receive the service as long as it's a WDW resort....
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Magical Express? Do I get it only when I book with WDW

or can I book rooms etc through other agents and still receive the service as long as it's a WDW resort.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Never mind. I should have read more into it at 1st. I saw the answer down below. My mistake sorry.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I know you know the answer now, Ariel, but just in case anyone else clicked on this thread because they have the same question ....

Anyone who is named on a reservation for a WDW owned-and-operated resort can use DME. It doesn't matter how you booked it or who you booked it with, it doesn't matter whether it's room only or a package.

The other criterion for using DME is that the transportation be to/from MCO. DME can't be offered for people flying into/out of Sanford airport.

Also, the bus transportation to or from the airport MUST be to or from the exact resort where you are/were a registered guest. No one can take DME to or from a different resort. For example, if you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge you can't have DME take you from the airport to the Polynesian for a dinner ADR at 'Ohana.
    -- Eric

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    They're going to start charging for it in 2007... not sure how much, but it's so worth it...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

I've never used it before but I still think I'd pay for it. Did they say how long you had to book to still get it for free?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
    They're going to start charging for it in 2007... not sure how much, but it's so worth it...
    Um, could you please post a link where you got this information??? I've read numerous places that it will continue to be free through 2011, as announced at a big press event on April 7, 2006. What do you know that the rest of us don't.

Without a link or other proof, this must be considered just a rumor, not fact.
    -- Eric

I don't have a link, just what my travel agent told me today after she talked to WDW reservations.... according to her, she said the Disney agent said they were 'on the fence' about whether or not to charge for it...

Because I'm landing in Disney on Dec 31st, she said I get the Magical Express service for free going INTO Disney, but she doesn't have an answer if I'll get it for free when I'm coming home on January 14th... Once Disney posts their 2007 prices, we should know then, but I'll post again on this thread once I find out which way it goes...

If they announced it on April 6th that it would be free, it looks like they didn't tell their reservation employees!

We all have stories of Disney CMs who've given all kinds of terrible information, especially regarding DME (the most common "bad information" I've read about is CRO CMs telling people that if they are not flying on a "participating airline" then they have to go to baggage claim at MCO to get their luggage and bring it onto the bus with them). So like I said, people have been given all kinds of bad information about DME over the past year. Let's just hope this is one more example!

PLEASE post if you get any additional info. And thanks for the quick response!
    -- Eric

Good point... I'll take it with a grain of salt going forward... I'll definitely post back once I hear if I have to pay for ME coming home or not (hopefully not

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
    Good point... I'll take it with a grain of salt going forward... I'll definitely post back once I hear if I have to pay for ME coming home or not (hopefully not
    I posted on another board (one I've belonged to for about 2 years) to ask about charging for DME, because today (or yesterday) is when the 2007 prices came out. I asked the question specifically to a poster who is not only a Disney fanatic, but about 9 months ago became a CM in the reservations center. This was an amazing occurrence, kind of like having a friend who loves the same band you do, and the next thing you know she's IN the band!

Anyway, here was her response:

To my knowledge (which usually isn't much lol), DME is remaining free. We were just updated on the 2007 packages and charging for DME wasn't mentioned, and while booking DME for 2007 guests, I'm still seeing "$0.00" next to charge.

With her track record for honesty and consistency, I'll consider this case closed. DME remains free.
    -- Eric

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder

Quick response needed

I have a QUESTION!!!!! My sister and i are going to disney on the 26th and only staying for 2 days. we were only going to have carry ons but now cant because of the new airline rules (we both wear contacts). Can we go get our bags before we board the magical express? our flight is getting in at 10 pm at night and i dont want to have to wait for our bags if they get them instead. any QUICK response would be greatful! TY!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse
    I have a QUESTION!!!!! My sister and i are going to disney on the 26th and only staying for 2 days. we were only going to have carry ons but now cant because of the new airline rules (we both wear contacts). Can we go get our bags before we board the magical express? our flight is getting in at 10 pm at night and i dont want to have to wait for our bags if they get them instead. any QUICK response would be greatful! TY!!!
    Yes, you have the option of getting your own checked bags from baggage claim. After you get them, go to the DME Welcome Center to check in, and they'll tell you which bus queue to get in. When your bus loads, simply give your bags to the driver. He will load them under the bus, and unload them for you at your resort. A tip will be in order.

VERY IMPORTANT: IF YOU WILL BE CLAIMING YOUR OWN BAGS AT BAGGAGE CLAIM, DO NOT PUT THE YELLOW DME LUGGAGE TAGS ON YOUR BAGS. If you do, they will be delivered by DME and will never appear out on the baggage claim carousel.
    -- Eric

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    THANK YU SOOO MUCH for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lol I have a question. If you want to do the ME going from the airport to the hotel but not going back from the hotel to the airport is it required if we make the resevration we have to take it back? I don't want to leave at 7 as apposed to 8, one hours more is worth it for me! :P

Quote Originally Posted by FerretDeprived View Post
    Lol I have a question. If you want to do the ME going from the airport to the hotel but not going back from the hotel to the airport is it required if we make the resevration we have to take it back? I don't want to leave at 7 as apposed to 8, one hours more is worth it for me! :P
    DME can be used as a one-way service, in either direction. No problems there. Even if you still have the reservation to take it back to the airport at the end of your trip, nothing will happen if you simply don't show up for that return bus ride.

But here's my question: how WILL you get back to the airport? For example, let's say you take a taxi -- will $50 or so + tip be worth an extra hour???

And what will you do if there are horrible lines for security like there often are at MCO?

Just a few things to ponder ....
    -- Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast