Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Transportation Discuss Breaking News: No Liquids/gels In Carry-ons in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know if Ipods can go on the flight's? Kids are flying solo this Friday to Missouri to my mother's ahead of me and I heard something about Ipod's ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Does anyone know if Ipods can go on the flight's? Kids are flying solo this Friday to Missouri to my mother's ahead of me and I heard something about Ipod's being on the restrict list.This whole mess is way to confusing as to what you can and cannot bring on the plane anymore all because of a bunch of *******s who hate us so much. I agree don't let these idiots stop you from traveling it the fact that we have these type of freedoms that they hate.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    As of right now, iPods, as well as computers and portable game devices (PSP, GameBoy), are still allowed on airplanes. Of course, the "wonderful" TSA could change that at any moment.

Just make sure the kids know not to use them during take off and landing. And to wait for the crew to give the OK before they use them. Wouldn't want the little tykes getting in trouble jsut because they want to listen to a couple of tunes.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    As of right now, iPods, as well as computers and portable game devices (PSP, GameBoy), are still allowed on airplanes. Of course, the "wonderful" TSA could change that at any moment.

Just make sure the kids know not to use them during take off and landing. And to wait for the crew to give the OK before they use them. Wouldn't want the little tykes getting in trouble jsut because they want to listen to a couple of tunes.
    Thanks Todd their pretty well season travlers so they are aware of the rules as far as take off and landing. It just this mess that happening now that got me up in arms. Thanks again

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I understand completely, My sister flew out to Hawaii on Friday (to work for Norwegian Cruise Lines Pride of America, not because she is rich) and even after living in an aviation family all her life, our Dad worked for USAirways for 38 years, she was still VERY nervous about what she could take on the plane.

She had a hard time because we ALWAYS packed only enough to carry on the plane, no checked luggage for us. They take your luggage and send it to countries like the Congo, or Laos, or Minnesota. Somewhere, I'm not really sure, all I know is, it doesn't end up in the city I am!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The restrictions have lifted a bit here in London - US flights, but I'm not sure we can still take electronic devices on board the plane. It's probably wise to call the airlines the day before and see what the status is.

I wouldn't consider myself human if I didn't have some trepidation about flying, but then I feel the same way getting on any form of public transportation. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop using public transportation, but I certainly will need to stay vigilant; which is always smart.

I have found that putting my "unmentionables" in those space bags, gives me more space in the suitcase and at least I am made to feel that other people aren't touching them. It makes it easy to find items too if they are in the bags. I'm just hoping that the bag that I normally would keep with me will be allowed to be checked otherwise I'm going to really be having to address my packing procedures.

Copied from British Airlines site - for passengers traveling today
    With immediate effect, the following arrangements apply to all passengers starting their journey from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or the United States of America (excluding flights from Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando and Tampa to London Gatwick) and to those transferring between flights at a UK airport.

All cabin baggage must be processed as hold baggage and carried in the hold of passenger aircraft departing UK airports.

Note:
    Passengers are advised that ALL electrical or battery powered items excluding mobile phones and car keys cannot be carried in the cabin and must be checked in as hold baggage.

Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following items. Nothing may be carried in pockets:-

• pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));
    • travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets);
    • prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (eg diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.
    • spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.
    • contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.
    • for those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags).
    • female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).
    • tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
    • keys
    Every other item must be carried in customerís hold luggage.

All passengers must be hand searched, and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.

Pushchairs and walking aids must be x-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs may pass through the screening point.

In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

Customers travelling to the UK from overseas airports may be subject to local airport restrictions and therefore customers should plan to travel with the very minimum of hand luggage.

Last edited by mini-V; 08-14-2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: additional info
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... Hi mini-V!!

As you may be awre, most of our restrictions have been lifted on hand luggage as you are here with us in the UK. Electrical items are once again allowed in the cabin.

The size of the hand baggage you are allowed to carry has been reduced though. Also, the banning of 'liquid' type items is still in force.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123