Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Breaking News: No Liquids/gels In Carry-ons in the Vacation Planning forums; Just since overnight -- no liquids or gels are permitted in carry-on luggage. This includes things like toothpaste, perfume, sunscreen, beverages, etc. These items are fine in checked luggage. This ...
    CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Breaking News: No Liquids/gels In Carry-ons

Just since overnight -- no liquids or gels are permitted in carry-on luggage. This includes things like toothpaste, perfume, sunscreen, beverages, etc. These items are fine in checked luggage.

This is in response to a discovered terror plot in the UK.
    -- Eric

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    For those interested, here are a few links to the news here in the UK:

(The links are duplicated on the random thoughts thread, too!!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...news/index.jsp
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I'm just thankful that they foiled their plot and more importantly that it was taken care of before my dear friends Ann and Rich had to board a plane for the US at the end of September.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I'm just thankful that they foiled their plot and more importantly that it was taken care of before my dear friends Ann and Rich had to board a plane for the US at the end of September.

That is very true - until you mentioned it, I didn't put Ann & I in the 'context of going on a plane soon'. I must more caught up in listening to the news.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Oh yeah I forgot Rich that you and Ann are heading towards us next month. Let just pray that they get all invovled before your trip. I'll keep up and all people traveling in my prayers.

Thanks for the links Rich.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I heard this on the news this morning. I know us U.S. passengers are going to grumble about the no liquids in our carry-ons, but how much worse it is there in the U.K. with NO carry ons at all!
    Thanks for the links, Rich, and stay safe.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Thank goodness this rule didn't happen back in late June... the day we flew, I had a sore throat and much water was needed! Thanks for the links, Rich, and thanks for telling us about the newest airplane rules Eric!

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Hearing about this makes me think, about how crazy the world really is. Read that they will be making anybody carrying a baby formula, they will have to taste it first. They said you can pack the liquids in your checked in luggage, but wouldn't that still be dangerous too! If it was set to explode in liquid form, what does it matter if it's on carry on or checked in luggage.

For me, when I leave for Disney, I will just send myself a carepackage the day before I leave, and pack it with my contact solution and shampoo and stuff like that. I can just send it to the hotel and they will hold it for me till I check in.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    This was quite annoying.

Considering my mom is the head of a HUUUGE news network, we got a call at 3:20 AM in the morning letting us know this.

The terror code all over the USA is now at Red. It was quite unsettling. Especially because I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    don't forget, also (at least in UK, I'm not sure about US) they also aren't allowing items such as laptops iPods or mobile phones on carry-on luggage either.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Since I don't fly I'm not worried about myself and DW. However, DN is in London right now for a wedding and DS and DDIL are going to UK for vacation in late September. Pray they all make it home safe and sound.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have so many feelings going on inside me.

1. I'm so grateful that the plot was foiled before anyone was injured.
    2. I'm angry that a few people can affect the lives of so many.
    3. I'm concerned about the several people who we know are trying to fly in and out of the UK and US today and in the next couple of days.
    4. I dread flying home in October with the most minimum of items to be able to take on the plane and not have anything to help pass 10 hours or more of travel time. (Yes, it may ease up by then, but travelers will need to be prepared for this to happen again.) I always carry a small bottle of water so I can get something to drink when I need it and not when it's available. Plus a bag under my feet is a necessity; that vertically challege thing.
    5. I feel sorry for families traveling with small children; no books, no toys.

I wondered about things just being moved from the plane to baggage, but the news here reported that it was a case of the terrorist planning to "mix" their concoction in flight and blowing up the plane. Hence why no liquids to be hand carried on.

Wonder if the QE2 is booked?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by #1EeyoreFan
    They said you can pack the liquids in your checked in luggage, but wouldn't that still be dangerous too! If it was set to explode in liquid form, what does it matter if it's on carry on or checked in luggage.
    The method required the human touch. It required someone to manually detonate an improvised device. This was a suicide bombing scheme, not like what brought down Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, which (I can't recall) used either an electronic "fuse" or a barometric pressure automated device, neither of which required a person to manually do anything to it in order to make it explode.
    -- Eric

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    im having mixed feelings about this. i mean im glad they foiled the plot, but if they foiled it then why don't they know who's in on it? im also angry because i know im gonna be waiting in line forever on Monday at baggage check. especially up here in Cleveland-ish area because it was suspected that we were a target for 9-11.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    it can't be as bad as Atlanta.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast