Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Grandma is going to Disney World! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, Everyone. This is my first time to use the forum. I really could use some help. I just got a new computer and have no idea how to use ...
    LGH1946 is offline A-Ticket holder

Grandma is going to Disney World!

Hello, Everyone. This is my first time to use the forum. I really could use some help. I just got a new computer and have no idea how to use it. I just need some instructions on how to chat. I don't know where to click. I don't know how I even got this far. But I need to know if Magic Express is worth the time. Is getting a taxi a lot quicker? We will be checking in about 8:00 P.M. I want a good room though, how can I make sure I don't get stuck wiht the left-overs, I hear they overbook sometimes and this has me worried. Can someone help me? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. In 20 trips to WDW, I have never checked in this late.

DISNEY WORLD LOVING GRANDMA

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!

To "chat" you need to hit the "chat" button in the dark blue banner under the sign-in box. You will be directed to download the latest Java applet software and then you should be good to go to the chat room where you will have to sign in again with your regular DWT ID and password. Regular chat is Tuesday and Thursday at 9 PM ET, but chat is always available if you want to chat with a member 24/7.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    LGH1946

Welcome to DisneyWorldTrivia.com, we hope you get the cance to hang around and enjoy the site. We have a very friendly nice little family here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I am moving this thread to the transportation forums so you can look for your answer there and may even find other threads on this subject.

That said, Magical Express does make a few stops on the way to your resort since the busses are normall assigned to several Disney resorts. Depending on the time of year and the number of people arriving at the same time you are, the timing may vary. The upside is that it is FREE!!!

Are you flying in on a participating airline? If so, you will check your luggage at your departing airport and the next time you see it it will be in your room!

Have a magical trip and let us know how it goes.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    Welcome!!
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Hi, Is Air-Tran a participaring Air-Line? Thank you for the welcome! My trip to WDW is Nov. 15. I will let you know all about it

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    No, AirTran does not participate. Even if they do not you can still use the transportation system after collecting your own bags at the airport luggage claim. You can read more about it here.....

Click Here for Mousesavers.com

Click Here for DisneyWorld.com

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I believe (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that it doesn't matter what airline you are flying IN to Orlando on - everybody staying at a Disney resort arriving at MCO can tag their bags with the special Magical Express tags and their luggage will be taken from the airport to the resort without them having to go to baggage claim.

It is for when you are flying OUT of Orlando that you need to be on a participating airline for them to take the bags from your resort to the airport without you having to check them in yourself.

I know last year I was going to use ME when flying SouthWest - a non-participating airline - and they gave me the luggage tags for my flight to Orlando. I ended up renting a car at the last minute, so I don't know for sure first hand, but that is what it seems to say here on Disneyworld.com's ME FAQ page under reservations:

Q. Do I have to fly on a participating airline in order to take advantage of Disney's Magical Express Service?
    A. No. You may use Disney's Magical Express motor coach transportation and luggage transfer services, regardless of the airline you fly.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

We used ME when only packing Carry On luggage.

YMMV

Any questions you may have should be able to be answered by Disney Reservations.
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    We flew AirTran in June and they transported our luggage from Buffalo to the hotel on the Magical Express we never had to pick it up.

On the way home we carried our luggage to the airport check in.

thank you, I am learning!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME LGH1946!!! I think you are going to love it here! Of all the Disney discussion boards I've visited over the last several years this is BY FAR the friendliest and most welcoming.

Re DME, I will share what little I've learned since I'll be using DME for the first time next month. I was registered for DME last year but opted for town car at last minute.

For me FREE and NO stop at baggage claim upon arrival at MCO makes DME worth it for me. I have read that it can take a few hours for your luggage to arrive in your room. Since you are arriving a bit late you might want to consider taking a small carry-on with essentials. One of the attorneys I work for used DME last May and said DME "is THE way to go and the ONLY way" he and his family will do WDW.

Re checking in late, it's still possible to get a room request checking in late. I flew out for a weekend Halloween 2004. I checked into CBR at 12:45 a.m. and although I did not get my first request of Jamaica I got my 2nd choice of Aruba. We arrived at the Poly about 1:00 a.m. for our week in 2002. We did not care for the room we were assigned at checkin but the next at a.m. (about 5 hours later, lol) I went back to checkin and they assigned us to a wonderful room/location in Aotearoa building.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance re DME but once again, WELCOME to the boards.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Thanks For The Info, I'm Sure It Will Be Fine. I Am So Excited, I Can't Wait, But Then It Will Be Over So Quickly. I Love Wdw.