Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Quicksilver Tours (and discount code) in the Vacation Planning forums; We have used Quicksilver for every trip we've made to Walt Disney World. The first time we used them (for our honeymoon) they upgraded us from a towncar to a ...
    harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    We have used Quicksilver for every trip we've made to Walt Disney World. The first time we used them (for our honeymoon) they upgraded us from a towncar to a limo for no extra cost and we didn't know until they pulled the car up. We were surprised.

I think every time we've used them we've gotten a bigger vehicle than we reserved. The last 3 times it was the Cadillac Escalade
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

cmauney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dizfanfamily View Post
    That stinks .
    However, if the fee isn't much I would still use Quicksilver just because of their quality of service. Also if I don't need the stop, I don't need to pay for it.
    Well, as I said, we just got back and they didn't charge us for the 30 minute stop. It was still part of the package and still shows on their website. I did buy 15 extra minutes for $10 to be sure we didn't run over. And about the carseat/booster - they already had them installed when we were picked up. All we had to do was strap the kids in.

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Look, I love Quicksilver and have posted as such here in the past. But, while planning my last trip I had some problems with them. When I tried to book a van for our December trip I told them I needed 2 forward facing car seats. I was told by several agents at Quicksilver that they could not provide 2 forward facing seats. So, I went out of my comfort zone and called some other services, the only one that would provide two (at no extra charge I might add) was Tiffany Towncar Service (recommended in the Unofficial Guide). Tiffany provided a great service and our driver used to work in EPCOT so he was very knowledgeable and fun to talk to, he was also helpful during our grocery stop.

I hate to speak badly about Quicksilver, but in this case they were not very accommodating to us. I will probably use them in the future, once both of my kids no longer need car seats, but until then I'll use Tiffany.

For those needing the info here is a link to Florida's DOT website describing both their child restraint and adult occupant protection laws. It is helpful considering FL's laws on child restraint are less stringent than in other states:
    Florida Department of Transportation

My wife works for a trauma prevention organization that emphasizes child car safety, so she is very concerned about child safety, so when we visit FL we follow more stringent safety recommendations than those suggested by FL (for example here is a link to my state's laws PSP: Belt Positioning Booster Seat Information. And that is exactly where Tiffany was helpful to us.
    Last edited by dizfanfamily; 02-29-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

Quicksilver is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dizfanfamily View Post
    Look, I love Quicksilver and have posted as such here in the past. But, while planning my last trip I had some problems with them. When I tried to book a van for our December trip I told them I needed 2 forward facing car seats. I was told by several agents at Quicksilver that they could not provide 2 forward facing seats. So, I went out of my comfort zone and called some other services, the only one that would provide two (at no extra charge I might add) was Tiffany Towncar Service (recommended in the Unofficial Guide). Tiffany provided a great service and our driver used to work in EPCOT so he was very knowledgeable and fun to talk to, he was also helpful during our grocery stop.

I hate to speak badly about Quicksilver, but in this case they were not very accommodating to us. I will probably use them in the future, once both of my kids no longer need car seats, but until then I'll use Tiffany.

For those needing the info here is a link to Florida's DOT website describing both their child restraint and adult occupant protection laws. It is helpful considering FL's laws on child restraint are less stringent than in other states:
    My wife works for a trauma prevention organization that emphasizes child car safety, so she is very concerned about child safety, so when we visit FL we follow more stringent safety recommendations than those suggested by FL (for example here is a link to my state's laws ......... And that is exactly where Tiffany was helpful to us.

Hi,

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience. Unfortunately our vans can only provide a total of 1 car seat and 2 boosters (1 being a high back one if requested), our Escalade 1 car seat and 1 booster, and finaly our towncar only one booster.

If our clients bring the extra car seat they require our drivers will be happy to install them with you.

If I took your reservation with 2 car seats and the van that has them (we have 1 van that runs with 2) breaks or is late with another client, or even bad traffic what would happen? I would have to send annother van or even in the worst case subcontract another van which ALL don't have 2 car seats readily available in a last minute call. The reason we only have 1 car seat and 2 boosters is luggage space the seats wouls take if not used by our next clients, say a family of 10 with 16 pieces of luggage, where would I put 2 full size car seats ands a booster.

Anyway, I'm happy you found Tiffany offers 2, just be sure to tell them it is 2 real front facing car seats with a 5 point harness every time you book since they might run into the same problem I mentioned above (I know most their vans have the same car seat configuration as we do).

Again sorry for not being able to accommodate your request...Hope to see you soon though...

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

PS: BTW, we still do not charge for the 30 minutes stop on airport round trip reservations. The previous poster must have tried to book a one way and add the stop which isn't free for a one way trip...

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Gregory:
    Thanks for the reply. Its nice to see you are checking the posts, it shows the quality of your company. It did pain me use another service, like I said I love Quicksilver. However, in this case we did not want to hall another forward facing seat all the way to Orlando (and airlines are now starting to charge for extra checked baggage), and the other company had them in the van when we arrived (well, he installed it when he got to the airport, but I digress). I understand there are logistical concerns when it comes to car seats, but for this trip I went for convince and safety over having to drag along another car seat. I can tell you that I was surprised that in a town that caters to families with children, that I only found one service willing to accommodate us.

Thanks again for the response, and I will return to using Quicksilver sometime in the future.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

Hello everyone,

It has been a while and I just wanted to first of all wish everyone a happy 2009!!!!!!

I have just hung up the phone with Lou and decided to revisit some old threads we had here. Well, this one is worth revisiting since I wanted everyone to know we still offer the discount mentioned above (original post by Lou).

My best regards to all,

Gregory Nicolas.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Re: Quicksilver Tours (and discount code)

Nice to see you here in 2009 Gregory!

After booking with three different limo services over the years, with mixed reviews, our last family trip in 2007 we used Quicksilver for the first time.

I have to tell you how impressed I was with your staff and vehicles. We ended up with an Escalade (which totally impressed my son) that made our trip so very comfortable. It was spotless and accommodated our family perfectly.

The staff was the friendliest we have had in years and very knowledgeable. The 30 minute FREE grocery stop is invaluable. Not only when staying at a DVC resort but also when in a standard accommodation. Both to and from the airport the ride was a breeze and you got us there with time to spare.

Thank you for the wonderful service you provide.

We plan on booking through you again in June for our next family trip!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Nice to see you here in 2009 Gregory!

After booking with three different limo services over the years, with mixed reviews, our last family trip in 2007 we used Quicksilver for the first time.

I have to tell you how impressed I was with your staff and vehicles. We ended up with an Escalade (which totally impressed my son) that made our trip so very comfortable. It was spotless and accommodated our family perfectly.

The staff was the friendliest we have had in years and very knowledgeable. The 30 minute FREE grocery stop is invaluable. Not only when staying at a DVC resort but also when in a standard accommodation. Both to and from the airport the ride was a breeze and you got us there with time to spare.

Thank you for the wonderful service you provide.

We plan on booking through you again in June for our next family trip!
    Thank you so much for the nice words and your support.

We have been in this market for almost 8 years now and it is always a plesure to have our clients returning home with a good memory of their time with us.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

we have used them they were great.
    J&J

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Booked yesterday, for our September trip. Thanks for the speedy confirmation, Gregory.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Goofysgal is offline A-Ticket holder

We have used Quicksilver for 8 out of 9 of our WDW trips (our first trip we drove all the way from NJ!). This year we also used them for a day trip to Sea World. The vans are immaculate, the drivers are friendly, prompt and efficient - and Gregory is just a delight to work with.

We highly recommend Quicksilver and look forward to using them for many more trips to come.
    Valerie

Past Visits: '72, '85, '91 - offsite; May 03 - VWL; Nov 04 - BCV (new DVC members); May 05 - VWL; March 06 (VWL); Nov 06 (VWL); April 07 (BCV); March 08 (SSR); Jan 09 (VWL); April 09 (AKV); April '10 (AKV/BCV)

Next Trip: April '12 (Kidani Village) for Easter!

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    We have used Quicksilver for every trip we've made to Walt Disney World. The first time we used them (for our honeymoon) they upgraded us from a towncar to a limo for no extra cost and we didn't know until they pulled the car up. We were surprised.
    How was the limo? DH & I booked a limo w/them (well our TA did technically) for our Sept. trip. It is my 40th birthday gift to myself!
    I'm hoping it will be worth it -- I just want to start/end the trip on a special note.

Oh - I almost forgot to ask... does the discount code apply to limos too? Or just van service?
    Last edited by zima-cheryl; 05-28-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Zima-Cheryl

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

As I mentioned earlier we did in fact use Quicksilver for our June trip and had yet another great experience!

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the stress free service we have recieved from Quicksilver. I never need to worry about time, where to find a car, gassing up before returning, airport traffic, or the bus leaving before we get back to the resort on our last day. I just adore this service.

That said, I know I am late but I am going to book a a car for our Marathon Weekend trip.... and again for our trip in March to see my son march down Main Street USA with his HS band!

Thank you Gregory for the fantastic service you provide
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post

I think every time we've used them we've gotten a bigger vehicle than we reserved. The last 3 times it was the Cadillac Escalade

We were upgraded to an Escalade on our first trip with Quicksilver too! It was great!
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Quote Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
    How was the limo? DH & I booked a limo w/them (well our TA did technically) for our Sept. trip. It is my 40th birthday gift to myself!
    I'm hoping it will be worth it -- I just want to start/end the trip on a special note.

Oh - I almost forgot to ask... does the discount code apply to limos too? Or just van service?
    I have a subscription to the Quicksilver newsletter and the codes I recieved this month covered Limos as well as all other vehicles offered.

I am sure you can find more about the newsletter by contacting them here: Quicksilver Tours & Transportation : Orlando airport Disney World transportation.

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast