Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Quicksilver Tours (and discount code) in the Vacation Planning forums; DisneyWorldTrivia.com readers can get an exclusive discount off their round-trip rates at Quicksilver Tours, Orlando's finest town car, limousine and van service. DisneyWorldTrivia.com Members can save $5.00 off round-trip service ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Quicksilver Tours (and discount code)

DisneyWorldTrivia.com readers can get an exclusive discount off their round-trip rates at Quicksilver Tours, Orlando's finest town car, limousine and van service.

DisneyWorldTrivia.com Members can save $5.00 off round-trip service to and from the airport! Visit quicksilver-tours.com and mention the discount code WDWRADIO in the comments section of your reservation.

Having used them numerous times in the past (and again this December for MouseFest) I give Quicksilver my highest recommendation!

Here is a list of some of their extra services included at no additional charge:
    • Personal Meet and Greet service
    • Luggage assistance.
    • Free 30 minutes grocery stop (for airport round trips only)
    • No extra charge for car seats or booster seats.
    • A free 10 minutes long distance or 5 minutes international call.
    • No credit cards needed to hold your reservation.
    • No cancellation fees.
    • No late or early pick-up fees.
    • 24 hours on-line reservations.
    • Our listed rates are less than standard taxi rates.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 04-27-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: updated promo code :)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Go Lou Go Lou! WHOO discounts for being a member of the best Disney site out there. YAY

Not that I may ever use it, but still. LOL

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have booked with them and got the Mousefest discount, I am soooooooooo excited to meet everyone.

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Does anyone have any experience with QuickSilver?

tacey... let us know how it goes for Mousefest.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    MB,

I have taken them a number of times and know the owner as well. Their cars are always very clean and well appointed, their drivers were friendly, outgoing and knowledgable, etc. They were always waiting there to meet me (as opposed to me having to wait and/or trying to find them), and the 30 minute grocery stop is clutch!

I have used Disney's ME, and had a very bad experience with one of the other Orlando limo companies years ago (no water or soda in car, wouldn't do a grocery stop, TV didn't work, and there were dirty glasses and napkins/tissues in the cupholders).

While DME may be free, it's a bus, plain and simple (which is fine). But the grocery stop, not having to pray that the pixie dust works and my luggage gets there on time, and being the one and only stop (instead of possibly being the third resort they stop at) makes it the easy choice for me.

You all know by now that I do not accept advertising (and certainly would never endorse) from something I haven't personally used and enjoyed.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I've used them a few times now and love them. I'll be using them again in December. Granted, it isn't free and it's just another added expense but I feel it it worth it. I believe a Towncar is $105 for roundtrip without tip.

I like the piece of mind that when I get there they will be there. I can get my luggage and go. I don't have to wait for the bus to have a certain # of people on it before it leaves and I don't have to wait for the bus to stop at the other resorts before mine.

PLUS, when you go you're sooooo excited to be there and you know you just want to get to your resort so you can start having fun. And if you travel with kids you don't have to listen to them whining in the bus "When are we leaving??"

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quicksilver is THE best! I've used Quicksilver many times and it's the only town car service I will use in Orlando (and I have used others before Quicksilver). It's top notch all the way around. The drivers are personable, well groomed, and on-time. The vehicles are always clean and in good condition. Gregory, the owner, is great! Very professional, courteous and takes pride in customer service. I would highly recommend them to anyone and will most likely use them again for MouseFest.

LOL, I'm losing the DME battle a little more each day. I signed up for DME and received my package and luggage tags just 7 days later. BUT, with every day that passes I'm leaning more towards Quicksilver so I can get to my resort and to MouseFest by 1 p.m. and have a bit more time in the park my last day. As many times as I have used Quicksilver, without exception, it has never taken me more than 1 hour from plane to resort and that includes the wait in baggage claim.

Discount, eh? So, tomorrow I call Quicksilver.....
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I just emailed Quicksilver to get an idea of a price for our trip in April. There are 14 of us and my DH is not really struck on the idea of DME. He likes to know where and when the luggage will arrive. We looked at Mears, but that is going to be over $300 for all of us.
    Good to see all the positive feedback maybe we will try it!!
    YEA LOU!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    We stopped using Mears years ago because of all the same things you all have posted. It is a bus, mulitple resort stops, and with a family of only 4, Mears was still more expensive than a limo/towncar service.

I have done ME twice, both times having only carry on luggage. The first time I was not impressed, it took what felt like forever for us to get to the resort. The second time was much better. Both trips were short trips on a budget.

We have used three different limo services, with mixed reviews, but have yet to try QuickSilver. Thank you all for sharing your experiences here. I will most definately look into it for our upcoming family trip.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Anyone else having a problem making a reservation with Quiksilver Tours via their website? I can't seem to get a confirmation # or email. I plan on calling to book my transportation tomorrow.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Anyone else having a problem making a reservation with Quiksilver Tours via their website? I can't seem to get a confirmation # or email. I plan on calling to book my transportation tomorrow.
    FYI....you need to use IE to do their online reservations. They are having problems with Firefox and Netscape.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I called them the last time to make my reservation and and pay up front B4 we arived, it was simple. I also called because we had many questions to ask about child safety seats. They make everything easy, and as everyone has mentioned here they have great drivers.

On our last trip we had two little ones with us and needed car seats for both of them. Quicksilver provided one for our todler, free. However, we had to provide one for our 8 month old. (Note: none of the car services offer infant seats, you have to provide your own) Anyway, our driver was very patient as we installed our seat and as we checked the other for proper installation. The driver really wasent really a kid person,but he did his best to entertain them and even mad my tired little boy laugh.

As a testamony to Quicksilvers service, I decided to drag a car seat along on my trip and pay for transportation from MCO to WDW istead of taking ME. (FA Law doesen't require car seats on buses, so I could have saved $ and hassel.)

I will be using them again on our next trip.

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've used Quicksilver on my last trip and they were very good. I was going to use them again this trip until I started filling out the reservation form and found that they now charge for the grocery stop. Considering that, I decided to go with another company which doesn't charge for the grocery stop, that I have used in the past.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Magic View Post
    I've used Quicksilver on my last trip and they were very good. I was going to use them again this trip until I started filling out the reservation form and found that they now charge for the grocery stop. Considering that, I decided to go with another company which doesn't charge for the grocery stop, that I have used in the past.

That stinks .
    However, if the fee isn't much I would still use Quicksilver just because of their quality of service. Also if I don't need the stop, I don't need to pay for it.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

cmauney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dizfanfamily View Post
    I called them the last time to make my reservation and and pay up front B4 we arived, it was simple. I also called because we had many questions to ask about child safety seats. They make everything easy, and as everyone has mentioned here they have great drivers.

On our last trip we had two little ones with us and needed car seats for both of them. Quicksilver provided one for our todler, free. However, we had to provide one for our 8 month old. (Note: none of the car services offer infant seats, you have to provide your own) Anyway, our driver was very patient as we installed our seat and as we checked the other for proper installation. The driver really wasent really a kid person,but he did his best to entertain them and even mad my tired little boy laugh.

As a testamony to Quicksilvers service, I decided to drag a car seat along on my trip and pay for transportation from MCO to WDW istead of taking ME. (FA Law doesen't require car seats on buses, so I could have saved $ and hassel.)

I will be using them again on our next trip.
    Just got back from Disney on the 23rd and used Quicksilver. They provided a booster for my 5 y/o grandson and a carseat for the infant. We used the van. I will definitely use Quicksilver on my next trip down. They were great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast