Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Renting a car from resort. in the Vacation Planning forums; We will be staying at the ASMovie resort and were wondering if we can rent a car from there. We are using the Magical Express to get to and from ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Renting a car from resort.

We will be staying at the ASMovie resort and were wondering if we can rent a car from there. We are using the Magical Express to get to and from the airport, but we might want to rent a car just for a day or two. If so who does Disney use? How much/day? Is it cheaper to just rent one at the airport for a week?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    National has a rental car facility on Disney property, and a shuttle that will pick you up from the resort and take you to the car. I don't know the rates, but you can check on their web site.

If you look at renting for a week, I always use Budget at the airport. They are very convenient (cars are in the parking garage right outside the terminal) and their rates are good (discount codes are available too).

Either way, check MouseSavers.com for coupon codes and discount tips!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Also consider not renting as well Disney has excllence Bus service. I never rent because I almost always stay on property. But if you are going to go off I agree with disneydame Budget seem the most reasonable. If memory serves me I think we rented a mini van for like $160.00 for the week dont quote me on that it been awhile since we rented a car down in Flordia. But like I said if you dont have to dont rent. To bad your not staying at a MK resort because having the monorail at your resort s heaven trust me that why we only stay at mk resorts. Good Luck and have fun on your up coming trip.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I don't really want to rent a car. My DH was thinking for maybe a day so he could go over to Daytona (for Hooters and see the speedway). I am quite happy staying within Disney. Does anyone have an idea how much for one day?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    National's web site is http://www.nationalcar.com/
    The rental location at the WDW Car Care Center is ORLR02
    Check http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html for discount codes.

Non-discounted compact car for 1 day (24 hours) was about $73 after taxes & fees. I'm sure you can do better with the discount codes.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    got 1 day from National, I think it was an Economy with a mousesavers walmart code for $20, but that was the end of August.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

flutter is offline Moderator
    I don't know what the cost for rental car is....just wanted to say I changed my avatar for you Donna

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I always rent at the Car Care center that's just outside MK--they have Alamo and National there. I usually find National to have better rates than Alamo--it's also convenient because the Hess gas station is right there and generally has better gas prices than outside WDW.

A week rental is usually cheaper than a 4-day rental because you can use more coupons, but definitely more expensive than 1 day. Mousesavers.com is good for coupons.

I know a lot of people enjoy not driving while at WDW, but after waiting over an hour once, to get from MK to ASMu, I wouldn't do without a car.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    When we get one we get one from the car rental center at the Dolphin Resort. This way it is close to our resort. I think it is Alamo.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!