Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disneyladys Disneyworld Dream in the Vacation Planning forums; FRIDAY 17TH NOV: At last the big day arrived.................we set off at 7am in the morning ,older son Mark picked us up in his cab ( he is a London ...
    disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Disneyladys Disneyworld Dream

FRIDAY 17TH NOV:
    At last the big day arrived.................we set off at 7am in the morning ,older son Mark picked us up in his cab ( he is a London Cabbie )& we got to London Gatwick Airport 3 hrs before our flight was due to take-off. Checked in & went to join the security check line..................OMG........it took an hour to clear security ,but we didn,t care .....we was on our way, then we went for Breakfast,browsed the airport shops & before we knew it we were boarding our "Virgin" flight..called "HOTLIPS"..all the Virgin Planes have their own name....LOL.
    The flight was fine............we got to Orlando International Airport & once we cleared all the usual security we was met by our "Kuoni" Rep. who took us to our hotel......................in International Drive .
    By the time we checked in & unpacked we were both tired ,so after going out to get a quick bite to eat ,we called it a day & went to bed.
    SATURDAY 18TH NOV;
    We already decided to make the first day a "Florida Mall " shopping day..................we wanted Trainers etc . etc. so we shopped till we dropped & got many presents to take back that first day,Needless to say we,d had hints.......LOL from the 5 grandchildren as to what they,d "really love" not to mention a few hints from my 2 sons & my daughter.
    So that was our first day .
    SUNDAY 19TH NOV:
    This was a day we chose to go to "one of those other Parks"....UNIVERSAL FILM STUDIOS....................I won,t go into more detail as this is of course a DISNEY website , but it was a great day & at night we ate out at "Sizzlers"in International Drive.
    MONDAY 20TH NOV:
    Another day at a Non-Disney Park.........SEAWORLD.............It was great ,saw all the shows , took loads of photos & video there.At night we went out to eat at the "Golden Corral" one of those eat all you can places.
    TUESDAY 21ST NOV:
    I bet you,re all wondering .................is she ever going to get to a Disney Park...LOL.Today we did a Hotel Hopping day to see all the Xmas Trees & Decorations at some of the Disney Hotels so we got as far as going on the monorail.................I love the monorail .We went to all three Allstars Hotels & also went to Grand Floridian & the Polynesion.The Floridian hadn,t got the Xmas Tree up,they told us it was going up after Thanksgiving ........so we decided we,d pop in later in the holiday again. We DO get to Disney Parks.......... Honest we do..LOL
    DH does like Disney but he also likes to get around Orlando itself & see more than just "Mickey".........Me..I,d go in the parks from opening till closing but its DH,s holiday too so we give & take .
    Last edited by disneylady; 04-15-2007 at 01:55 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

Disneyladys Disneyworld Dream

WEDNESDAY 22ND NOV:
    Today we had prebooked a daytrip down to CLEARWATER & a boat trip to go out & see the Dolphins...................we went right out into the gulf of Mexico........it was incredible to see whole familys of Dolphins playing & jumping up & over the waves.
    It was a cold day so we had to wrap up in our "winter woolies"
    Tommorow we really do get to DISNEY........at last
    THURSDAY 23RD NOV;
    We had booked dinner in the "Liberty Tree Tavern"..it was Thanksgiving Day.........the Magic Kingdom was as Magic as I remember it to be...............We saw the new Parade ...I love the music & the new Family Fun Day Parade ............that was fun too.....................the show on the Castle Forecourt was lovely....................I loved the new colours in the charactor costumes & I prefered it to "Cinderellabration" myself.
    By that time I realised how crowded the Magic Kingdom was getting ......we decided to head for "Liberty Tree Tavern" where we hoped to have only a short wait ,we was hungry also by then.
    We were seated quickly .but it was jam-packed & we were sat in a tiny corner ...not much room to move ......but the food was great & the charactors were around all the time,DH said every time he put food in his mouth a charactor appeared ........................Minnie ( my absolute favourite ) Goofy, Pluto & Chip & Dale. After the meal & many photos we went outside & couldn,t beleive how crowded it was..............the rides were all over an hour & more to wait for ,so we gave up on them & tried to get through the crowds to get back on Main Street.................it was as bad there ,we watched the Castle Show again ,it was even better in the dark & we then browsed the shops till it was time to go.
    I loved the day but for me it was too crowded & given a choice I,d choose not to go in MK on Thanksgiving day again if I could go on another day

I Belle
    Maggie

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Cute picture with Pluto!!! Always funny how his and Goofy's whisker's get in the way. Sounds good so far, but took you such a long time to get to Disney...
    But how did you like Seaworld? Had you been there before? Did you see my penguins?!?!?!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Yes I loved SEAWORLD....had been before in .......... 1997,2002,2004, & 2005.
    The Penguins are hilairious ..not to be missed.
    Will try to get cracking on my trip report........21 days is a lot to report

I Belle
    Maggie

FRIDAY 24TH NOV:
    Today we had prebooked a Dinner-Show "DIXIE STAMPEDE" so we decided to do more shopping in the daytime .............We went to Premium Outlets at the end of International Drive & had a brilliant shopping time again,came back to our Hotel & lounged around the pool before showering & changing for the Dinner-Show.
    The show & food was brilliant ......the best I,ve seen.Dinner was terrific for a Dinner-Show.................it was the Xmas version & really put you in the Xmas mood.........................I very highly recomend to anyone wanting to do one of the Orlando Dinner-Shows

I Belle
    Maggie

SATURDAY 25TH NOV:
    Today we went to Epcot,had a great time looking all over Future World,the Xmas Tree is fantastic & the canapy of lights over the bridge was beautiful even in daytime without the lights.We went to Image Works where you can get your picture put onto little stamps.........................put them on our postcards as we sent them .Then we went into this place where you can send fun email postcards & had a laugh sending them to the family.
    We took a boat over to the Boardwalk to have a look around there ........it was a bit quiet .........its better to go there at nightime ,more going on.,from there we took another boat to the Yacht & Beach Club where we saw their Xmas decorations/Trees & the Chocolate Carousel & Chocolate Castle in the Beach Ckub.We walked back round to Epcot. & went part way around the World from where the boat docks in.Beauty & the Beast where out in France so I got in the line for a photo ................before I got to the front the Beast had gone ....but I got my photo with Belle.......................then in the United Kingdom we came across Mary Poppins in the Toy Store so I got my Photo with her too.....poor old Bert was sitting there ............everyone was asking for a photo with Mary Poppins on her own..............I never saw him sitting there till I,d had mine done.
    We decided to go back to the Hotel as DH was tired ,we,d been walking around all day.....so we rested around the pool till we got hungry then went off to eat at a PONDEROSA...........I love the Ponderosa.

I Belle
    Maggie

I love this Canopy of Lights

I Belle
    Maggie

SUNDAY26TH NOV:
    Today was MGM Studios............we had booked the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Hollywood & Vine so we had plenty of time to do the whole park before we had to go to eat at 5PM as its quite small I think ,compared to the others ,but I love it ......its my 2nd favourite (MK BEING MY 1ST ). We saw my favourite Belle in B & THE B............Went to the Little Mermaid.............Muppets.............before we knew it we had to go get a place to see the PARADE.........it was lovely.....................so Christmasy.........then we went to eat.....had a fair wait to get seated ...............but eventually we got in & enjoyed a buffet all you can eat meal........................got our tickets for FANTASMIC......then off we went to go to the back entrance to get into the special seating reserved for Dinner-Package guests.We were in around an hour before it started but everyone was having a great time doing the old"Mexican Wave" & singing etc.
    Fantasmic was .....well Fantastic......................I saw it once before & it was just as exciting 2nd time.
    We decided to come back another night to see the Osbornr Lights as we wanted to wander around the Shops & video some night time scenes around that area .........another brilliant day

I Belle
    Maggie

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Welcome back!!

Great reports and photos too. When we flew out in 2003 from Gatwick, we flew on 'Hotlips'!!

BTW - I love the ticker too!!
    Last edited by trickster; 12-21-2006 at 08:58 AM.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Wow awesome report and great pictures. It looks like you two had a ball. I must say you went at a perfect time during the Holiday me and the DBF went in NOV 04 and love the it because all the decoration where up and it was so pretty. Once again great report.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Y'all are just too cute! It sounds like you had a blast.
    Hmmm, Belle was a little crazy with the eye makeup that day, wasn't she?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MONDAY 27TH NOV:
    We wanted to go back to MGM today to catch the OSBORNE LIGHTS..so we did a quick morning trip to Florida Mall.............you guessed it..........more shopping ................we flew out with 3 big cases & one 1" smaller size all round case inside one of the big ones.One bigish handbag.....................coming back we had the 4 cases & 2 hand luggage .....filled to the hilt.......plus we got 2bags of duty-free.at the Airport.
    Then I got Disney stuff shipped back to the UK........thats another story
    Anyway after another very successful shopping morning we took it back to the Hotel & set off after a short rest to MGM.
    We did our "wandering around bit" and as it got dark made our way to the Streets of America
    There are no words to describe the Osborne Lights ...................FANTASTIC....INCREDIBLE....AMAZ ING.....you got to see them to understand the feeling..........We saw them in 2004 but now they dance to music at regular intervals.........its AWESOME.We walked round & round a few times over ,getting it all on video so we can enjoy all over again at home.
    We went back to International Drive to eat .......went to the Ponderosa ................another Happy Day gone by.

I Belle
    Maggie

More Osborne Lights

I Belle
    Maggie

TUESDAY 28TH NOV:
    Today was a non Disney Park day..........................we went to BUSCH GARDENS & had a lovely day there ....................saw loads of Animals up close .......went on Rhino Rally.....Skyride.....rode the Train around & had a lovely meal in the "COLONIAL HOUSE"...............Saw a musical show & met Father Christmas

I Belle
    Maggie

WEDNESDAY 29TH NOV:
    Today we found out how to get to WALMART.....................Heard so much about it & always meant to go & see for ourselves how good everyone said it was...................& it was .
    We spent nearly a morning in there & came out loaded with bags ............so we had to go back to the Hotel before we could go to Downtown Disney ......originaly we thought we,d go straight to Downtown Disney from WALMART
    Got eventually to my favourite Disney shopping place went from Village Marketplace to West side in & out of every shop ..don,t recon we missed any
    Had ice-cream at GHIRARDELLI....ITS TO DIE FOR .Had our photos taken in the Christmas set-up photo spots .
    Went to McDonalds ( for a change )................loved it..........................I want to go back

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast