Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report - a Tale of Two Disneys in the Vacation Planning forums; I guess you are a USA regular! We try to go to NYC during April as well, since our schools have a week off in April. We do day trips ...
    sadizney is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I guess you are a USA regular! We try to go to NYC during April as well, since our schools have a week off in April. We do day trips or spend one or two nights in NYC since we are from CT. I wish we were that close to WDW!! We are going to NYC the weekend before Christmas. I can't wait! I've never seen it during this time of year. Have you visited NYC before??

DL trips: April '88, Oct '91, June '95, Aug '95

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hilary, wonderful report! Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. The comparisions to DLP are really interesting. Disney learned some lessons, but wasn't paying attention in every class, judging by the hit-or-miss differences. Thanks for sharing!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sadizney
    Have you visited NYC before??
    This will be my third time - both previous times were in January so just missed the Christmas decorations, if not the snow. Will hopefully be a bit milder come April!

And of course I can't wait to check out the revamped World of Disney store

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

Space Mountain - an unlikely view!

You may remember me mentioning that Space Mountain broke down because some poor CM accidentally pushed "the big red button"! Here are a couple of photos my sister took while the lights were on. Yes, those are poor stranded guests you can see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip Report - a Tale of Two Disneys-disneyworld-024.jpg   Trip Report - a Tale of Two Disneys-disneyworld-037.jpg  

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Hilary

what part of new york are you going to?

Kellie

The touristy bit! Staying at the Melrose Hotel.

Last time we went we did a few things that took large chunks out of our day (Statue of Liberty/helicopter trip) - having done that we're hoping to take in a few museums etc this time around. But let's not pretend to be cultured - we're already got tickets booked to see the Knicks and (joy of joys!) Duran Duran playing at Madison Square Garden - a little slice of home for us English gals!

Quote Originally Posted by fray101
    The touristy bit! Staying at the Melrose Hotel.

Last time we went we did a few things that took large chunks out of our day (Statue of Liberty/helicopter trip) - having done that we're hoping to take in a few museums etc this time around. But let's not pretend to be cultured - we're already got tickets booked to see the Knicks and (joy of joys!) Duran Duran playing at Madison Square Garden - a little slice of home for us English gals!
    Wow! I was such a HUGE Duran Duran fan in the '80's. I was happy to hear they have a new album out again. (John Taylor... )

We went to NYC for the day a week ago on Sunday and I have to say I don't know if I would go at Christmas time again. It was soooo packed! I know the city is packed all the time but during Christmas time it seems all the more worse. We had to wait to even take a look at the people ice skating at Rockerfeller Center.
    As far as weather in April, it is pretty unpredictable. The temperature could range anywhere from the 40's to the 70's. We will be going to NYC in April as well!!
    Last edited by sadizney; 12-28-2004 at 04:51 PM.

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

John Taylor was the love of my teenage life! But my mean mother wouldn't let me go to see them in concert (OK, so I was only about 12...) so I had to wait until April this year after they'd reformed. It was such a great concert - you can't imagine how thrilled my friend and I were when we discovered they were playing at MSG the week we were there!!

I've only been to NYC in January (and always just too late to miss the Xmas decorations). Last time it was so cold...we were like "Ah, the Statue of Liberty, very nice. Now where's the ferry back?!" Here's hoping for some pleasant weather this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by fray101
    John Taylor was the love of my teenage life! But my mean mother wouldn't let me go to see them in concert (OK, so I was only about 12...) so I had to wait until April this year after they'd reformed. It was such a great concert - you can't imagine how thrilled my friend and I were when we discovered they were playing at MSG the week we were there!!

I've only been to NYC in January (and always just too late to miss the Xmas decorations). Last time it was so cold...we were like "Ah, the Statue of Liberty, very nice. Now where's the ferry back?!" Here's hoping for some pleasant weather this time around.
    So you just saw them this past April? The only time I saw Duran Duran was back in, I think 1984. Simon Le Bon did a terrible moonwalk imitation during the concert but I didn't care. I was too busy looking at our obsession, John Taylor.

Don't worry about it being too cold in NYC. When in April are you going? This makes a difference in temperature. I remember it hitting the 90's one Easter, many years ago, and it has also snowed in April but that doesn't happen too much.

Yep, saw them this April - we were far enough back that we could imagine them looking just as they did in the 80s! Sitting nearer the front next time round (I got carried away with the generous exchange rate and just went for "best available"!).

We're there for 5 nights from April 10th (I think...)

PATMAGIC is offline A-Ticket holder
    YAY very nice trip report i love it, thanks again Hilary.
    Come live the Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris at

http:www.patmagic.net

Hey there Patrick, welcome to Disney World Trivia! Feel free to add any comments about my descriptions of the DLRP rides.

I've FINALLY finished my new Walt Disney World website. Had originally planned to just add the photos from my trip to my Disneyland Paris site but there were so many I decided to give them a site of their own (OK, they have to share with Universal and SeaWorld but you can't have everything!).

Hope you'll all stop by and visit - please sign the Guest Book to let me know you've dropped by

http://disneypix.tripod.com/orlando

Your site is terrific!! I tried to sign the guestbook but since I don't have a URL, it wouldn't accept it. Sorry!!

PATMAGIC is offline A-Ticket holder
    I also have to agree what a great site, and some really brilliant photos there, may I just ask what is wrong with Universal, they did after all create the best movie trilogy ever in my view Back to the Future , Thanks for letting us see them .
    Come live the Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris at

http:www.patmagic.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast