Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Nick's WDW New Year Bash in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, so I spent my new years weekend with a bunch of people, and a friend who had not been to WDW in a long time. We had two days ...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder

Nick's WDW New Year Bash

Ok, so I spent my new years weekend with a bunch of people, and a friend who had not been to WDW in a long time. We had two days to hit the top rides that he had never been on, and it was new years weekend. Lucky for us, he had a parkhopper 3 day. And me, my Annual Parkhopper. For the first time, I went through the full queue of Expedition Everest. All the other times were fastpass. And let me tell you, it was one of the best queue lines EVER. Everything looked and felt so authentic! It just brought the whole feel together. It even made me want to climb Everest then and there!
    I also found out that they took out the solar bench in Future World at Epcot! And they replaced it with one of those big screens that show ride wait times. I was kinda disapointed, and the new screen kinda feels wrong to me. I don't know, I just did not like it.
    When I went on ToT with my friend (Mike), I had the normal freak out spasms that I normally do on ToT. Yea, the kind where my arms and legs are flailing because of the free fall. I ended up hitting Mike in the ribs, and hurting my leg because of my flailing.
    This was my first time at Epcot for New Years Eve, and OH MY GOSH IT WAS AMAZING! At about 11:40pm, Illuminations started. After the normal Illuminations, the globe closed up again and they talked announced what the local time was when the Eastern World celebrated new years. And after they announced the time of day new years was in China, Or Norway, or the UK, that pavilion had its own little fireworks show to a song. Such as God Save the Queen for UK. And when the time came, they called for our turn. And they had a massive countdown clock on Spaceship Earth! And when it hit midnight...the sky was ABLAZE!!! I HAD NEVER SEEN SO MANY FIREWORKS! And during the countdown, I tried to call the Mouse Tunes voicemail and wish all the podpeople a happy new year. I hope it worked...lol. But it was amazing!

I also called the podcast a bit confused, with a question/report. When I was at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday night, they were piping pop music all through the park. One of the cast members looked confused, and I thought something was wrong. So...whoops.

Oh, and when I was leaving the MK on Saturday, the cast members were actually directing people to the cast member only areas where you normally only see on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and such. I asked what it was for, because I remember that they said they normally only do that in emergencies on the Keys Tour. But I it was just to help crowd control.

Oh, and I am so proud of the fact that I cleaned the bad F Word off of a bathroom wall in The Land. I just had to! It makes me mad when someone does something like that! It would not come off with soap and water, so I used the Tide to Go pen that was in the backpack. And it came off easy! So...maybe I should be a cast member?

Well, thats my quick trip report summary for new years weekend!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    Oh, and I am so proud of the fact that I cleaned the bad F Word off of a bathroom wall in The Land. I just had to! It makes me mad when someone does something like that! It would not come off with soap and water, so I used the Tide to Go pen that was in the backpack. And it came off easy! So...maybe I should be a cast member?

I'm also proud of you, especially since there are kids like my daughter that are learning to read, but still too young to be asking about "those" words.

I hope I can go on New Year's this year. I want to go to Epcot.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    I'm also proud of you, especially since there are kids like my daughter that are learning to read, but still too young to be asking about "those" words.

I hope I can go on New Year's this year. I want to go to Epcot.
    Thanks! Yea, and Walt Disney World is the LAST place I would want any kid learning those words. When I saw it in pen on the wall, I just had to do it.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Sounds like you had fun! I would go next year(or should I say THIS year!), but it's the BUSIEST time of the year for WDW. Ain't no way I am dealing with that many people. Puh-leaze! Oh and Nick, I am very proud of you for cleaning the F word off the wall. People gots no respect. Glad you had fun and FINALLY got my text.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

I got to clean the F word off before I got the worst bloody nose I ever had...yuck...I hate allergies...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Sounds like you had a blast. I would love to be any where in WDW on New Years!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Sounds awesome, man!

Can't wait for my next trip!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    This was my first time at Epcot for New Years Eve, and OH MY GOSH IT WAS AMAZING! At about 11:40pm, Illuminations started. After the normal Illuminations, the globe closed up again and they talked announced what the local time was when the Eastern World celebrated new years. And after they announced the time of day new years was in China, Or Norway, or the UK, that pavilion had its own little fireworks show to a song. Such as God Save the Queen for UK. And when the time came, they called for our turn. And they had a massive countdown clock on Spaceship Earth! And when it hit midnight...the sky was ABLAZE!!! I HAD NEVER SEEN SO MANY FIREWORKS! And during the countdown, I tried to call the Mouse Tunes voicemail and wish all the podpeople a happy new year. I hope it worked...lol. But it was amazing!

Sounds like an awesome trip!
    About New year at EPCOT. I totally agree! We went their for the turn of the century..and man was it AMAZING! It lit the sky up like it was daytime. That was an amazing Night, let me tell you!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT