Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Dinsney Darling Juniors First Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Great report, Disneydarling! Riley is just adorable!...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Great report, Disneydarling! Riley is just adorable!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Oh he is so cute,it looks like he like his first Disney trip!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Thanks guys...he's a real charmer..and he loved his trip despite being so little. We're thinking..EPCOT next week...watch this thread for updates!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

OMG...those eye's and cheeks!!!! What a cutie pie! Sounds like you had a great time and I couldn't agree more with you....there is nothing like taking your little one for the first time!

I am either A) Brave or B) Insane...but I decided to make little Disney Darlings WDW experience a double header....this past weekend we did Ak in the early afternoon and Epcot in the evening.

Animal Kingdom was more crowded than I would have liked (meaning that there were more than just a small handfull of folks present). AK is my least favorite of the WDW parks (suprising since my entire life revolves around furry critters). The park is large, poorly organized, and a tad sparse in the ride/attraction department. Never the less we had a lovely time of it. We headed to Triceratop spin first thing, and rode it twice whilst I gazed longingly in the direction of Primeval Whirl (one of my all time favorites). I had hoped to hit the new Nemo musical next but....the line was at least a half a mile long with the show still a half hour off so...we headed for lunch instead. On the way we stopped to look at EE..to find the ride vehicle stuck on the incline..now don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters, but I would need a horse tranquilizer to stay calm up there!

Tusker house had a short line that moved about as slow as molasses on a january day, fortunantly the pay off for waiting was delicious (chicken salad, no dressing for me/ mac and cheese for the kiddo). After eating we happened upon an African Drumming group who were AMAZING. These folks had more rythm in their little fingers than resides in my entire family tree ( I am the reason for the stereotype that white girls can't dance). Their music could be best described as joyful..I would dare anyone to listen and not be inspired to grin and clap along.

Last edited by disneydarling; 02-05-2007 at 09:08 PM.

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Your son is so cute!! I loved the trip reports and pictures..how priceless is that?? Maybe we'll bump into each other one of these days!

With a new bounce in our step we headed for Rafiki's planet watch. The train was a big hit with Riley, but nothing compared to the affection section. I work with cattle and horses so Riley see's both regularly, animals are nothing novel to him, but there was something about these little pygmy goats that had him completely enchanted. We spent about an hour brushing and hugging goats. On a funny side note, when I was a teenager I kept dairy goats as a 4-H project. I kept my goats at a womans house who actually supplied AK with pygmies when they first opened...so many of the goats there I helped bottle raise! Strange caprine connection I know!

Inside we met J.Cricket and Rafiki. I also had a chance to visit with one of the animal nutritionist who worked there. I am in grad school studying ruminat nutrition (animals with 4 chambered stomachs like cows, deer, giraffes etc) and would give my left kidney to work for AK, she gave me the contact info for one of the higher ups, which I am terribly excited about!

[
    Last edited by disneydarling; 02-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Having had enough of tramping around AK with a 30lb kid on my hip, we packed our bags and headed to Epcot. Compared to AK (and to MK last weekend) Epcot was empty. We parked right next to the enterance and walked right on SE. Unfortunantly the darkness was a little to intense for Ri who kept his head buried in my chest for the duration.

After SE we happened upon the character connection, which I did not recall having seen before....and it was fantastic. We saw Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale with absolutely no wait. All the CM were terrific, spending extra time to play with Riley.

Last edited by disneydarling; 02-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.

I am sad to report that my camera batteries died just as the last picture was shot, thus ending the illustrated portion of this report. I went to the camera center and coughed up 15.00 for lithium batteries, opened the package and realized that I had experienced a blond moment and bought the wrong size. Not wanting to spend my sons entire college fund on batteries I elected to do without a replacement set.

Next stop was the Living Seas. The Nemo ride was so great...met and exceeded my expectations and Riley loved it! Once we arrived in the aquarium proper Ri spent about an hour bouncing back and forth from veiwing window to veiwing window. I have never seen that boy so reved up..he kept running up to strangers and doing this funny breakdancing move at their feet (i have no idea where he got that from, no seriously).

After the fish-fish we went to visit Figment. Why, I do not know, as this ride is, in my honest opinion, one of the most disapointing in all of WDW.

My stomach was starting to growl so we headed over to the land for some counter service goodness and a ride on Living with the Land. I have always loved this ride but am sorry to see that it is no longer CM guided.

By now the sun was sinking lower towards the horizon so we made our way to the exit. Riley, toddling at my side, kept pointing and signing for me to give him my back pack. The sac was at least 1/3 his weight and over half his height, so carrying it was quite the task...but at least he's learning about chilvary!!

I made the mistake of telling Riley we were going home - he started crying and reaching his hands out for everyone who passed..I must have looked like I was abducting him!

Thus ends the second installment of Little Disney Darlings WDW adventure. Once again we had a remarkable time. That being said I do not imagine I will attempt too many more solo trips with him. He was a complete sweetheart but trying to carry a luch tray with him on my hip, keeping him from playing with the urinal while I used the family restroom, and schleping his patootie all over Gods creation was enough to exhaust even superwoman (who I most certainly am not)

Next trip...back to MK with a little MGM thrown in for fun...keep an eye out for the report!
    Last edited by disneydarling; 02-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Thankfully the wait paid off, Riley LOVED driving the race cars. …he was a completely wild driver, snatching the wheel side to side all the while yelling at me to “Go go go”.
    ohhhhh, is that priceless or what????????
    Last edited by butlers; 02-08-2007 at 01:05 PM.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    I have been to Disney many many many times over the years and have made many wonderful memories there, but none will compare with the experience of showing my son the magic that is WDW for the first time. I can hardly wait for our next visit!
    I will second that.... Something happens when you step inside Disney, and when you have children with you, absolutely beautiful......
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    thanks for sharing the photos Meg, they are so great, and seeing the smile on Riley's face just sums up the magic of Disney! Enjoy your next trip!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12