Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report, Veri's WDW vows in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all. First of all, arranging it was very easy. I contact the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Folks and they pretty much laid it all out for me. They provided ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Trip Report, Veri's WDW vows

Hello all.

First of all, arranging it was very easy. I contact the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Folks and they pretty much laid it all out for me. They provided a bunch of worksheets detailing your choices for music, cake, beverages, flowers etc. A Wedding Coordinator walked me through the whole process. I dealt with Karen Serrette who was great!

I chose an officiant form a list that was provided. Reverend Day. He was great too!

After I got to WDW I called Karen provided her the details about the resort we were staying at (Old Key West) and reviewed the time line with her one last time.

The day prior to the ceremony Karen called me again, did another quick run down of events

The limo showed up, we hopped in and went to the Polynesian. Our Ceremony was slated for Sunset Point. of course it rained and plan B went into effect. The coordinator had a back up Plan to use a chapel at Polynesian, but she said she thought it was too dark, so instead we ended up at The Grand Floridian and used one of the patios/Porticos ont he seconf floor The one to the right of the big stair case. Very nice. The coordinator went form Plan B to Plan C with out a hitch.

Music & ceremony followed, a violinist was part of the package. The cake was trundled out, Mickey and Minnnie Showed up, all very nice and well orchestrated by the coordinator. Pictures at the Grand Floridian followed. Then it was back to Old Key West to drop off the remainder of the cake and off to dinner at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. The only down side was that the limo driver somehow got lost going from old Key West to Wilderness Lodge and we ended up in Orlando as well as circled Down Town Disney several times.

Overall I think the cost was pretty reasonable, I did some add in of extra limo hours some character visits and upgraded the picture package, but for the quality and orchestration it was well worth it.

The wedding Coordinator was great! She walked us through everything. All we had to do was make some intial decisions and then show up. She orchestrated/choreographed everything flawlessly.

Mickey and Minnie dropping in was a blast! We spent a half hout with them.. They helped cut the cake dances with us and many mnay pictures. Well worth the add on expense wise.

As a surprise gift we received matching fairly tale dwedding watches with the Castle ont he face of the time piece. very nice and not expected at all.

With out a doubt a great experience!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Congratulations! Will you be sharing photo's with us?

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    awww... i can't wait for my disney wedding...

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    sounds great !!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Congrats Veri! It sounds so beautiful. Cant wait to see the pics
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Congrats! That sounds beautiful!

I'm in the process of booking a fairytale wedding, and my coordinator's name is Karen also!! I wonder if we ended up with the same one! :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    OK, dumb question, how do I post pics?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.