Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Shere_Khan Feb 7-9 2007 in the Vacation Planning forums; Well I am here again. I had a total blast although I did get a bit lonely a few times. Almost depressed feeling, but I got over it quickly. First ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Shere_Khan Feb 7-9 2007

Well I am here again. I had a total blast although I did get a bit lonely a few times. Almost depressed feeling, but I got over it quickly.
    First of all I know I kept freaking out about the transportation situation. It ended up being pretty easy, but expensive. But then again that is why I saved up my change for over 6 months. The Marriot World Center was amazing and so outrageously pricey. Good thing I did not have to pay at all for the $300/night room. The hotel had a shuttle for $13 round trip. But you had to be there at a certain time in the morning and be waiting a certain time at night. It also went to several other hotels. I decided I would pass, I did not want to put a time restriction on my fun. The hotel did not call cabs for you, they only used their town cars exclusively. So I used a town car in the morning. It was about 25 dollars each day for a one way drive to the world. At night I used a checker cab that was waiting outside the parks. At most I paid the guy $20 (that was from the MK) From Epcot it was only $11 plus tip. I got in to the hotel at about 11:30 am so I was really glad I bought the three day pass instead of two. I got to the parks at about noon that day.
    Here is a picture of the insane pool from my balcony.

1st Day - Magic Kingdom!
    I went to the Magic Kingdom first thing on Wednesday. It was awesome. I walked onto almost everything all day long. Never waited longer then ten minutes for any ride. There was however an abundance of cheerleaders there. Like Oh My God! The only ride that I got a fast pass for all day was Peter Pan's Flight and it was only at a 20 minute wait when I did. But I wanted to eat so I decided to just get one and come back. I ate at the Columbia Harbor House for lunch and just had some good old fashioned chicken strips and fries. Got only a couple pictures with characters. I got a little mad because everytime I got up to my turn with the character and then walked over to the CM to ask them to take my picture, the little brats behind me ran up to the character and cut me! And of course the CM would laugh and say oh you can be next. I was just like, ok I know that I am not a kid but I paid just as much as these people did so I should get my **** turn!! Sorry if that sounds cruel, but the parents look at you like why are you in line in front of these little kids? It makes me mad because I love seeing the characters! Anyways...I saw Buzz, Lady Tremaine, and the Ugly Stepsisters at MK that day. The Ugly Stepsisters cracked me up! I have never seen them at the parks before. They were really great at playing their roles.

By far my favorite ride of the day was Pirates. The new Jack Sparrow part of it was really great. I was skeptical in hearing about it but I absolutely loved it and he was so totally life like I could not believe it!

2nd Day - EPCOT!
    Once again, barely any waiting all day. I walked on to everything. Soarin I waited for about 20 minutes and I did not get a fast pass. I was going to but I wanted to stick around that area so I thought I will just tough it out and wait. At the rate I was going I was going to finish Epcot fairly quickly anyways. I decided this time to try the Mission Space Green Team (translation - the version for all time lame o's) When I went in 03 they did not have this option, and I went on it and felt like ralphing the entire rest of the day. Since I was by myself this time and would have had no one to share my misery with, I decided to just ride the less intense version. It was still really cool. I know I did not feel all the intense G-forces as the normal ride but overall I thought it still felt pretty realistic. Soarin was alot different then I thought it would be, but I loved it. It was such a cool feeling, I hope they change it up soon and put new scenary. It was great! I went on the Land ride that I missed in 03. I actually really enjoyed it, I thought the green houses were awesome. So interesting. I absolutely hated Journey into Imaginiation with Figment. The old ride was a million times better. This one was so annoying I wanted to jump off a cliff! I also didn't think the Nemo ride was that cool, but it was cute and fun. I ate lunch at Marrakesh in Morroco. I absolutely loved it. I came at a great time, I was almost the only person in the restaurant and I caught the belly dancer show. I was thinking about going to Le Cellier, but I wanted to try something a little bit different. I had the chicken kababs and it was definately worth the money. I didn't really think the prices were that unreasonable.

I had a dessert in France at Les Chefs de France Pattisseries. It was called Pralingue or something like that. It was just chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. Very tasty.
    The ride in Mexico was closed which I was very upset about because I did not ride it in 2003, I didn't even know it was there because we did not go into the Mexico pavillion. I went in this time though and loved the atmosphere.
    I got done at about 4 in Epcot. I was really tired and my feet were bleeding from my flips. I should not have worn them but I wanted my feet to be cool. I decided to go back to the hotel and have some margaritas by the pool. I am kind of regretting that decision because I did not make it to MGM this time. But I was not planning on going there to begin with because it is my least favorite park. I did have a nice time relaxing by the pool though so it was ok.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom!
    I got to AK right as it opened and all the characters were out. The shortest line was Rafiki so I jumped in line for him.

I went straight to It's Tough to Be a Bug. It was awesome like usual! I then headed over to Dinoland. I made myself go on Dinosaur which is the scariest ride ever. But the bad thing was, I remembered when things were coming and closed my eyes. I didn't see the big scary dinosaur at all. In fact, my ride photo was me curled over in the seat with my head in my lap. And of course there was the five year old girl next to me looking totally unentertained. I probably should have bought it, it was quite histerical. So I am huge chicken and really didn't see the ride, but I was on it before so lay off me! I went on the Primeval Whirl while I waited for the Nemo Show.
    Nemo was amazing! Absolutely amazing! It is the last movie I would ever expect to be a musical show, but boy was it good. I loved it! If you have not seen it you must!
    Seeing the Everest Mountain for the first time was a bit intimidating. I pretty much decided I was not going to attempt it at all. But I eventually made myself get in line. I was almost up there when the ride broke down. They sent everyone away and said they were not sure of a time when it would be available. They also gave us a fast pass to come back. So I headed into Asia to look at the lovely animals. I thought to myself, wow what a great excuse to not go on Everest and then at least no one can laugh at me because it did break down.
    I saw the most beautiful sight of a tiger in Asia. Normally they are down below and not out in the open but this one was sitting by the pond spot he had and it was just lovely. I watched him for a good 15 minutes.

I went into Africa and had lunch at the Tusker House. This time I had a salad. I liked it alot but found myself extremely hungry about 2 hours later. Kali River Rapids was closed, which is fine because i was not in the mood to get wet anyways. Kilimanjaro Safari had quite a long wait so I got a fast pass and headed over to Festival of the Lion King. It was amazing as usual.
    Came back to Africa for the Safari, it was fun, did not get to see a lot of the animals I saw last time. The lions of course were sleeping and barely visable. But I did think this was kind of funny....

So I went back to Everest and got up the nerve to go on it.
    It was so not bad at all. It was fun, but not scary and I was fine. I am really glad I went. I would have kicked myself if I did not go.
    At this point it was about 4 oclock, so I grabbed a bus back to the MK for my last night. I ran back over to Tomorrowland and went on Buzz and Space Mountain again. This time I got the front seat in SPace Mountain and it was really a different experience. Way cooler then any other seat!
    I then went over to Pirates for a last time, and the Big Thunder Mountain in the dark. It rocked! Went back to Main Street to watch Wishes and there you go. My trip was all over.
    I took about 180 pictures but they are all scenary since I was alone and had no one to take pictures of or to take pictures of me. I just posted a few for your viewing pleasure. Sorry this was so long!!
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 02-11-2007 at 12:25 AM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Not long at all!

Loved the report! Show us the pictures!!!

And I was almost biting off my nails reading your Everest wimp-out experience. I was going to hurt you if you didn't ride it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great report. Glad you got to ride Everest. For me the scary part is the initial ride up the track to the mountain. I'm afraid of heights. I've never seen the ugly stepsisters. They look fantastic.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Awww - Great reading - I am glad you had a great time!! Superb photos too!!

How are the feet bearing up?

The Marriott certainly looks a huge place: We could see it clearly from our balcony when we stayed at the Buena Vista Palace.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Great report Katy! I am so happy you had a great time!!! I absolutely love your photo with Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia!!! I have NEVER seen them at any of the parks and the Drizella character looks spot on!!!

Way to wear your Tiger tshirt and represent!!!

Glad you went back to try out EE! Just had to get you worked up a little bit! I just wouldn't recommend riding it over 3 times consecutively!

As far as not having any photo's with you in them because you were alone....you should have asked people to take photo's for you! I do it for people all the time! I will always offer to take photo's for people so their entire party can be in the picture! And if you don't feel comfortable asking passing guests to take a photo for you...go anywhere that there is a photopass photographer and ask them to take a photo with your camera!

I was thinking about you all week and wondering what you were doing and if you were having fun. Glad to here that all went well and you did have fun!!! Welcome back to the freezing North!

Yes I was so excited to see The Ugly Stepsisters and I just had to get in line! I have never seen them either. They were so hillarious, they kept asking people if they knew of any available men. Then Drizella kept shouting out into the crowd at kids, like "What are you laughing at?" It was great.

I didn't know the PhotoPass people would take pictures of you with your camera. Oh well I guess. Next time I will know, but hopefully my mom will be with me next time. We have to save forever though!

As far as Everest, I really liked it. Wish I would have went again. Dinosaur still scares me more. Lol!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Some random pics:

Inside the castle

In it's a small world

The castle

Epcot

Marrakesh

Windows in France

Everest!

In the Jungle Trek, I loved all the walls in here

Festival of the Lion King

Gorilla

Tree of Life

Close Up!

Castle again

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Looks like you had a great time!!! GREAT pictures!
    I am with you on the pictures with characters thing - I had that happen to me a couple of times.
    I learned to take some self portraits, but all you really get is your face. Don't be afraid to ask someone to take your picture! Any CM hanging around will help!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

And some more great photo's Katy!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Looks like you had an awesome time,great pictures
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sounds like you had an amazing trip, Katy! I didn't end up making it to Epcot on that day. My friends had car troubles so we just went to MGM.

Next time your in town, we definitely have to meet up! Those are some really great pictures!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Hey Jeanne, so sorry I did not call you. I so should have went to MGM after Epcot. I was really tired though. Now I am mad at myself but its ok, I did some relaxing which we all need.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Katy, those are some pretty AWESOME pictures. Are you a professional photographer? You got some skill girl! Your hotel's pool looked sooooooo much fun! I'm so glad you rode Everest. Pretty awesome, huh? Glad to hear you had fun.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

I am glad the pictures turned out. Most of them did not though so I only posted a few. There are probably a few more I can post later as well.
    I had to put my camera on a lower resolution so I could take more pictures, I don't have a memory card or anything.
    On the resolution I normally use I can only take about 50 pictures. On this resolution I could take 180. Alot of them turned out good. Some of them not so good.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Loved reading your trip report & your photos are great ...........glad you had a great time ..............I bet sometimes its actually GREAT to go alone & do just what you want & go wherever you feel like

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast