Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's February Trip Report Part II in the Vacation Planning forums; We're baaaaack!! I'm still in a great mood and the depression of not being on property anymore hasn't set in so I figured while Aaron was down for his afternoon ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Jenn's February Trip Report Part II

We're baaaaack!! I'm still in a great mood and the depression of not being on property anymore hasn't set in so I figured while Aaron was down for his afternoon nap, I'd pop on and get to work on my trip report! To keep things a little better organized, I'll attach photos as I move through the days....

Here we go!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-15-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Wouldn't it figure the forums go down just as I start? LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Talking Day 1

We left the house around 9:30am on Monday, February 12th. The trip down was great traffic wise but we did hit some hefty rain storms once we hit Daytona. The rain continued to follow us all the way to WDW property as well but stopped while were checking in (great timing huh?). We walked into the ASMo around 12:00 and saw the sign that rooms are typically not available until 3pm and thought "Well poo, we'll just have to hit downtown I guess then." But the great news was, by the time we made it up to the counter (there was about a 15 minute wait in line) our room was ready for us!

We were in room 807 in the Buzz Lightyear building, exactly where I had hoped to be. We walked in to find a Mickey shaped from some bath towels waiting on our bed which was a nice touch. The room was clean but I must admit a little smaller than I had thought. Anyway, it was nice for what we'd be using it for which was basically sleeping and showering. I was really impressed.

After grabbing some shots from our balcony, I let Aaron crawl around the place to
    stretch out his legs (after the nearly 3 hour trip) and get his bearings. Then,
    after grabbing a shot of the wallpaper border and Bill attempting to pop some
    popcorn using his lighter and the cute light fixture, it was off to explore ASMo!

Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-15-2007 at 03:59 PM.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Cute, although I am getting "invalid attachment" notices when I click on your thumbnails....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Cute, although I am getting "invalid attachment" notices when I click on your thumbnails....
    Still working on this one... give me an hour or two. The thumnails aren't going to do the trick so posting Day 1 is going to take some time.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    great start off jenn, WE WANT MORE
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Thumbs up ASMo

I didn't realize just how big the ASMo property truly was and just how well done the scenes were for each theme. I must say however that I think the Toy Story buildings are by far the best themed.

Though I knew the Fantasia pool was going to be under renovation while were there, I was really disappointed to see that they had actually removed Sorcerer Mickey all together. I was looking forward to at least getting a shot of him.

Oh well, we still took some really great shots around the property! Aaron LOVED the larger than life characters... once we finally got him to look up from his stroller
    and notice them. I really liked the neat touches like the imprints of gears and
    tools over by Herby and the huge Sorcerer Mickey hat. This was the beginning of a
    wonderful trip!

Cool Downtown Disney

We hopped over to the Food Court for some lunch, which I must say I was very
    impressed with (both the food and the Food Court itself), and then off to Downtown
    Disney we went!

This is where I need to insert a little rant... has anyone else noticed how absolutely horrible the directional signs on property are? "Animal Kingdom Resort
    Area - Straight Ahead"... Ok great that means we keep going straight here to get
    back to the hotel right? Nope... I was supposed to turn right at the "Blizzard Beach
    Next Right" sign! Now, I'm no stranger to Disney property so it is REALLY sad how
    many times we got lost trying to get around... but anyway...

On our way to Downtown Disney we got lost and ended up making a jaunt down Western. After a quick U-Turn to right ourselves, I noticed a great view of the back of EE off in the distance. I pulled onto the shoulder and made Bill grab a shot.

So anyway, back to Downtown Disney. Of course for Aaron's first official Disney
    experience, he was asleep the whole time... but we had fun!

After noticing that the boat from Forest Gump was parked outside Planet Hollywood
    (something in all the times I've been here I never noticed before) we took a stroll
    through PI to get over to DTD East. Here I noticed the cute Valentine's Day decorations and the renamed "Sweetheart's Island" flags.

As some folks have mentioned in other areas of our wonderful little forums, it seems in many cases that Disney just tossed up signage for the YOAMD celebration wherever they could. I'll talk more about this later, especially in a small rant in my Epcot section.

So what was the biggest "shocker" of our trip Downtown? The insanity that has become Pirates of the Carribean! My dear LORD they were everywhere! There is even an entire room dedicated to pirates in the World of Disney shop now complete with pirate prison and fully audio-animatronic pirate signing "Yo Ho Yo Ho" with a parrot. Man they put money into this! I think they want to make sure they keep the buzz for the third film's release!

$300 in stuff later... we headed back over to ASMo, grabbed some dinner at the Food Court and back up to our room for a quick bath for Aaron and some interrupted (babies don't like being in new places at night just FYI) sleep.

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Looks like you had a great time!!!!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Awesome trip report, Aaron is to cute
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Want to see more? Head onto Part Three!!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ad.php?t=10989

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I love the picture report!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Welcome back Jenn! Enjoying the repost so far! Heading over to read part III right now!