Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's February Trip Report Part IV in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 3 - Epcot!! (coming in an hour or so - have to go pick up our dog from the puppy sitter)...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Jenn's February Trip Report Part IV

Day 3 - Epcot!!

(coming in an hour or so - have to go pick up our dog from the puppy sitter)
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-15-2007 at 06:42 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thumbs up Epcot

For our second day at the parks we headed on over to Epcot. We had one main goal for this particular trip and that was seeing the new Nemo attraction. Aaron is a fish nut. He's had a fascination with fish since he was about 3 months old. We aren't sure where it came from but he just loves them, real or fake.

The original forecast for this day said it'd be a high of 68 so we prepared by wearing long sleeves and sweatshirts. As is typical with Florida weather however, I think it was hotter than Tuesday, which was forecasted to have a high of 82. Still, I wasn't complaining because we had an absolutely gorgeous day.

So, as we had planned, after entering the park we immediately headed to the right side of Future World to hit Nemo. We were stopped however by the board which said everything in Epcot was pretty much open... except Nemo. *sigh*

After speaking to a CM we were told that as long as it didn't say "Closed" or the word "Down" was in red (as you can see above it was in white), the ride should reopen soon. So we decided to head in that direction anyway to check it out. Besides, I realllllly wanted to see the seagulls.

After chatting with the CM outside the rope about the new location of Turtle Talk (which he confirmed is going into Theater 2 of the old preshow area) we saw a gentlemen in a suit come out from the entrance. We overheard him on his walkie talkie telling a CM inside that once the ride through was finished to let him know so he could give the all clear. Ahhh good to hear! We decided to stay put and sure enough about 5 minutes later the CM announced the ride was opening. We were going to be one of the first to ride it for the day... how cool!

I found the new queue area really entertaining. I especially liked how the fish and turtles on these signs are images of Dory and Crush etc.

(The really big butt)

Aaron absolutely LOVED this ride... and so did we. I have to echo the comments made by so many others on these forums however and say that it is way too short. We loved it though. Aaron was jumping up and down in Bill's lap every time he saw Nemo. It was great. The exit drops you right into the bottom floor of the "aquarium" area and of course we had to make our way around.

I was really disappointed to see the one area upstairs closed (the spot that had the clown fish and jelly fish and Mr. Ray's Lagoon etc.). It didn't look real temporary either so I don't know what's going on there. I've seen discussions around it on the boards a few times though so maybe I'll have to check for updates.

Next was to the feeding demonstration where of course there were schools upon schools of fish swimming around the divers. This was the perfect opportunity to give Aaron a glance at some real fish.

He went absolutely crazy. He was trying to catch the fish as they swam by and was just enamored with them. It was so incredibly cute to watch.

Then it was time to head over to the Land. We had 11:10am reservations at the Garden Grill so we figured at 10:30 we'd go ahead and get in line for Living With the Land so when we were done it'd be lunch time.

I have to admit... I actually liked the ride without the CMs doing the "tour". I didn't think I would but the timing was perfect and you didn't have to chance getting the "unhappy CM" who really didn't sound enthused. We did notice however that one of the two big screens in the farming section was completely out. Minor but this early in the morning it seemed something a CM should've caught and fixed.

Then it was up to the Garden Grill. We love this place but this time was particularly special because it was going to be some real face time for Aaron and the characters. We weren't quite sure how it was going to go but we should've known... our happy baby had a blast!! The characters loved coming by to see Aaron and really spent a lot of time with him, even grabbing a chair to sit down and get face to face. The character that really impressed us though was Pluto. He spent a ton of time with Aaron and really made sure he was calm and had fun. It was so amazing to watch them interact. Needless to say, when we left the restaurant, we had to hit a gift shop to buy Aaron a Pluto.

After lunch we headed over to Imagination. As usual there was no line. I hate seeing this...

What really irritated me was that during the scene where Figment diverts you to his open house, all of the audio was gone. There was just complete silence with Figment mouthing and moving and dancing. The music that plays was gone too. This really got under my skin so I immediately notified a CM when we disembarked.

Now onto the reallllllly reallllllly cool news. We walked into the gift shop and something seemed different. I had to spin around a few times to figure it out and then it hit me. The wall blocking the stairs was gone!! Wait a second... this looks all new! What's going on here?

I ran up to the CM at the registers and asked if she knew when the upstairs was going to open again and what it was going to be etc. She said that everything was gutted up there but that they were indeed refurbishing it. She said that they hadn't told the CMs what the plans were but that yes indeed the upstairs portion of the Imagination pavillion would once again be opening. I'm SO excited about this!!

Then it was over to SSE for a quick trip through time. I really thought Aaron would be bored out of his mind but again, I should let history guide me... he loved it! The post show is definitely in the works and you can see construction going on behind the walls if you look hard enough.

Then we headed over to Ellen's Energy Adventure. I wasn't sure what to anticipate with Aaron on this one with it being so loud in some places, and so dark... and so long. He enjoyed it until nap time kicked in. He wanted so bad to stay awake that he started to really pitch a fit with being forced to sit still. That said however, right around the time Ellen gets rained on, he finally conked out and fell asleep... and stayed asleep during some really loud noises. That's my boy!

After Ellen it was time for a trip back to the hotel to let the napping continue.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 08-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Red face ASMo

We arrived back at our room to find some more goodies. We had a little window treatment (which I must admit, I had to hint/request on a note to the Mousekeeper) and some fun towels for Valentine's Day.

Aaron stayed asleep the whole way back including moving from stroller to car seat to stroller to hotel room. We decided to let him stay in his stroller since he was sleeping so peacefully.

Bill and I laid down on each bed next to him (stroller between the beds) and just watched him sleep. It's so rare that we get to do this. Eventually, we both ended up falling asleep too. I woke up at 5:30pm to Bill tapping my foot. Aaron was still asleep too. It had been over 2 hours since we left the park. He was wiped out.

We decided to head back to Epcot to catch Illuminations and get some night shots.

Unfortunately the temperature had droped severly and it was REALLY cold. So much so that Aaron's little nose and cheeks were turning red. We had to make the decision to put Aaron's health first and miss Illuminations. It was time to end our trip.

On the way out I caught another YOAMD sign. This is where I go into a little rant again.

With everything Disney is putting into this year's celebration, the absolute least they could have done is make the signage a little more park specific. While I think this is absolutely adorable, I think the theming would fit so much better if instead of the castle on this one there was the Epcot "ball". Just my thoughts. Seems like they could've taken it that one step further for that added touch.

We made one last stop on our way out to the lighted ground effects in front of Innoventions. Aaron LOVED this. He sat in his stroller for about 10 minutes watching the lights. Luckily this spot had absolutely no wind so it felt probably 10 degrees warmer. It was a nice last stop on the way out.

We hopped into our car and headed back to ASMo. Aaron got a bath with his new Nemo bath toys and then we let him play in his crib a little while until he got tired.

All in all this was a fantastic trip... the rain and the cold night had no effect on us. We are still just so happy we decided to go.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 08-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Wink The Ride Home - Day 4

We woke up around 7:30am this morning and got everything packed. Aaron was so excited in the car, thinking we were heading back. It was sort of sad. Still... we had an absolutely fantastic time and we'll definitely be making a trip back now that we know how much he loved it. This was by far the best trip I've ever made to WDW and I look forward to watching Aaron grow up through pictures there making memories to last a lifetime.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i took the same pic at SSE but never got around to posting it!!

anyway glad you guys are having fun!!
    we enjoyed the nemo ride
    espically finding out how they put the fish in the aquarium (which we did figure it out!!)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    good to see you had a good time and Aaron was good!
    shannon

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    What a great trip report - it sounds like ya'll had a blast!!! How old is Aaron (he is cute as a button by the way). My 20month old son and I have been making weekend trips recently..it was fun to read about another toddler expeirence...you are very very lucky to have a kiddo that will ride (and sleep) in a stroller..count your blessings!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, I love it!!! Those are some great pictures!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great report, I am sorry I missed those pavement lights, are those recent? Where are they???

I think this was my favorite trip report ever Jenn! Great job! And BTW...of course Pluto was great! He's the best!

Wish your trip couldn't have lasted longer for you, but it will be nice to have you back around here!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Awesome. Awesome. Awesome report Jenn....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Great report, I am sorry I missed those pavement lights, are those recent? Where are they???
    I had never noticed them before either but they've been there for awhile apparently. They are right outside the entrance to Innoventions West.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I will have to check those out next time, and I thought the twinkly pavement near SSE was neat!