Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss COLD, WET, and FUN! Our Feb Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by NORMNB8S I'm enjoying it too. You get to live it again, and I get to live it vicariously through you! Great!, I am glad that You are! ...
    MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by NORMNB8S View Post
    I'm enjoying it too. You get to live it again, and I get to live it vicariously through you!
    Great!, I am glad that You are! When I figure out how to make the photos small enough, I will try to post some photos that go along with this trip too!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Day 5: Last full day to enjoy Disney, Yet We did not use the full day. I will Explain.
    Another good sleep, another late wake-up and a 9am exit to grab some breakfast. and back to the room by 9:35. We collected our gear for the day and headed out to Animal Kingdom Park. This was one chilly day, much like the rest of our trip, except for one day that it was in the 70s and got to wear shorts. Woo Hoo...
    The bus ride there was not too bad, except the driver had to check with Us to see if anyone was stopping at Blizzard Beach. We all cheered when there was not a peep out of anyone. We were green to go straight to AK.
    There were, oddly enough alot of people at the front gate for such a late arrival time of about 10am. We did the normal bag search, and line up for finger scan, but all went like clockwork!
    Our first stop was Island Mercantile, of course, to search for the elusive new pin. And.............No such luck. So, we headed over to Debbie's favorite place, the meet and greet with winnie the pooh and friends to see her favorite: Eyore! Which did not go so well. We were lucky enough to have a very, I mean Very spoiled little boy behind Us who thought that the characters were there just for him and did not want to wait for any one that was in line ahead of him. Well, Debbie asked his parents if they wanted him to go see pooh, being that We were just there for eyore, which they did, so we scooted to the left and waited behind another family to get to eyore, well mr. fussy pants finished with pooh and ran towards eyore and eyore got down on one Knee to welcome him, not knowing that Debbie was standing next to him the whole time, (bad eyesight, I guess), so the photos I shot were with debbie next to eyore kneeling sideways not looking at the camera. I tell you, debbie has bad luck with this elusive good photo with her favorite character. back in december the shot of them I got was great, except that Debbie's eyes were closed just as I shot it. So our goal is to keep trying and for Me to shoot in multiburst mode so I get many shots and hope for one that is a keeper. LOL
    Being that this was the last day of our Super fastpass, We headed right over to Expedition Everest. Having the pass was the best thing that could happen. The line for this ride today was way past the fast pass machines. I grabbed my instant ticket and headed in. Passing up many a weary guest. I think that I was up and ready to board the train in 4 Mins. When I got back to debbie who was waiting with our gear, she thought that the ride was down, and amazed at how fast the fast pass made it. I was in roller coaster heaven!
    From here We headed over to the Kilimanjaro Safaris, along the way, we passed the dark red fences that were placed up to hide the construction work being done on the new full service resturaunt call Ying and Yak. Hmmm some choice of a name.
    Fast pass came to the rescue again getting us one the safari truck very quickly! This ride was, as always, alot of fun! Along the way, we got to see the new baby elephant, and even saw a large clutch of Osterich eggs on the side of the path. The mom was running around chasing the truck in front of us as we splashed through the water. It was something to see!
    I did forget to mention, along our walk to this ride, We passed that tower with the monkeys, and even with the cold weather, there were 3 hanging, and I mean hanging from the trees, it was a funny site to see.
    We also saw the lady who blends in with the trees crossing the road and slipping in, among the trees. Wow, if You did not watch her go in, you would never be able to find her. That is an amazing thing to see!
    From the safari, Deb and I headed over to camp mickey and minnie and took in a few shots of Me and My favorite, Mickey. He takes a great photo, I do say myself.
    Across from there we walked into the festival of the lion king. I think We waited to go in about 5-10 mins. and they packed everyone on line inside. As usual, this was starting out to be one fun and colorful show. Well, within 10-15 mins. into the show, they stopped everything and asked everyone to leave the show, because of technical problems, it ended, just ask quickly as it started. We were all confused, but like good mousekateers, we all filed out and went on our happy ways. So, seeing all these animals, it made me hungry, which headed us over to the Flametree BBQ for some lunch.
    The wait in line was a bit long, so Debbie searched out a table while I ordered the food. She got a salad, and I picked the BBQ Chicken. Both were out of this world. As for our seats, If you have eaten at this spot before, finding a seat with a roof on it, is a must! There were more birds here than a Alfred Hitchcock movie and they were waiting to pounce on any misguided food that came there way. A table next to Us had there just started lunch ended abruptly with a perfect overhead bombing of there plates. Right in the garbage it went and off they stomped. Not the happiest of campers!
    By 2:30 or so, We were ready to head back to the rooms to get ready for Super Bowl Sunday!
    Let's just say, that the buses from AK to SSR were not the most efficient. We were at the bus stop for at least ten Mins. when another guest was telling Us, that he and his son were watching buses from other resorts getting at least 2 each without him having seen one for our stop. Finally one showed and would'nt You know, it was shift change and We had to wait for the 2 drivers to chat and look the bus over before we could head home. AHHHHHHH And as before We had a scheduled stop at the empty as usual Typhoon Lagoon. It was at least 45 mins. from when We left the park, before the bus pulled into our bus stop. Really the only dark spot of our stay as far as buses went. But still tiring!
    Back at the room, we kicked off our shoes and sat and watched the pregame shows. We decided to treat ourselves and I called a local Papa Johns Pizza place and had them deliver a Pizza and wings and some of Debbies favorite, The cheesy bread. The delivery was very quick and everything was as tasty as We are used to . What a fun idea for a change of pace. HUH?
    Pretty much the rest of the day was Watching the Super Bowl and eating some great pizza.
    I will be back tomorrow with the final leg of our journey.
    Good Night!

Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    We also saw the lady who blends in with the trees
    I'm so jealous! I always keep my eyes peeled but I haven't gotten lucky yet. Is there certain places that are better to see her?
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

I'm so jealous! I always keep my eyes peeled but I haven't gotten lucky yet. Is there certain places that are better to see her?
    She seems to always be over in the section just before the Drums that You can beat, that have the view of the Tree of Life behind them. This path is between Flights of Wonder bird show and The market Place where tusker house is. Between africa and Asia. Her name is Devine.

Cool, thanks! On my next trip, I'll just sit there until I see her!

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow--- I really feel like I was there ..OH LOL I was there ..
    This is a great re-count of our Trip!!
    Love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-Habba View Post
    Wow--- I really feel like I was there ..OH LOL I was there ..
    This is a great re-count of our Trip!!
    Love it!
    MY WIFE IS SUCH A WISE GUY! LOL

OK, let Me wrap this up with DAY 6:

The day your leaving is always such a mixed day of feelings, Right? Well, here We were leaving Saratoga Springs after having such a great time at our new HOME, and wishing that it was our next trip already!
    After Packing all our bags, We showered and headed over to Artist's Palette for one last breakfast before starting out on our final day at Disney. We did the usual breakfast here, not too much to chose from, as some of You may know. We relaxed and talked about our fun week togeather at the parks and this resort. What a beautiful place it is.
    About 9:30 or so, We headed back to the room for our last look around. Our bags were ready and to save time and what sometimes happens, (confusion) We decided to walk over with our bags to the bell services station near the Resort check-in loop. It was a short walk, but trecking up that hill was tough just after breakfast. I had to carry all that food up the ramp with Us. The bell services staff are such nice cast members. They are very friendly.
    Bags were set and We had about 4 hrs. or so to go on and have a little fun at Magic Kingdom, WOO HOO....
    It was about 10am when We boarded the bus over to My Favorite. The Magic Kingdom. I guess because this was where it all started and this park has been here for every trip that I have taken to The world of Disney. My favorite place to be.
    As with much of our stay here this week, the weather was very cool and a chance for showers throughout the day. We just strolled down mainstreet, checking out the stores for one last PIN purchase. LOL, well maybe for other things as well. It was still strange to see the fence up outside covering the storefront being remodeled. They do try and make it blend in to keep it out of the minds of new visitors to the Kingdom. We did a few of the usual attractions here while the lines were very small. Fastpass was not even a thought. Every time we do the same ride, I try and find something new that I may not have seen the last time. I guess that's why I can go on them over and over, time after time. About 12:30 or so, Debbie and I did not feel like lunch, but did want a warm drink and searched for a quaint little place called Sleepy Hallow Refreshments. There, we got a Large Coffee for Me, and Debbie got the hot chocolate. Delicious cups of joy! I could not resist, and ordered the funnel cake, and had them put Strawberries and Whip cream ontop. OH what a piece of doughie heaven. We sat over to the right of the stand. Luckily some of the seats are covered, because the rain started to drip on Us and only the ducks drueling at our food did not mind. They can become very friendly when food in nearby. We just sat and talked and wished we were not leaving today, but knew that We would be back in May, and could do it all over again. That kinda helps. Afterwards, we stopped nearby at the photo spot just over the bridge to the left of Cinerella Castle and Debbie had Me sit to take some pictures of Me with the Castle in the background. I am used to taking the pictures and it was nice to get in a few, for a change. It was a great time.
    From there We headed back to the main gate with warm drinks and snacks in our bellies, just taking in the sights of The Magic Kingdom's Train Station. Debbie ran off to the ladies room and I was going to sit by town hall and just shoot some random photos, when the midday family fun parade started down Mainstreet and came around where I was and I got some fantastic shots of the fun going on with the families.
    There is one new character that I have seen the last two times out at Magic Kingdom and I don't know the characters name. Maybe someone could help Me out with that one. She looks like a cow, all dressed up fancy and I just don't know Her Name. Any Ideas?
    After the fun, We headed out front and got a few shots in of the entrance to Magic Kingdom with all the flowers. Then, It was over, We got on the bus back to SSR, and walked over to bell services and got our bags and waited for the bus.
    Right on time the Magical Express Bus pulled up and loaded up our bags. The bus was packed already. I guess our stop was the last one before heading out to Orlando Airport. The ride was comfy and quick, about 35mins to get there. We unloaded our bags and went inside to check in. That went very quickly with No problems.
    We headed towards our gate and stopped for lunch along the way. After lunch or really an early dinner, which ever way you want to look at it, We went through security behind a large group of cheerleaders, that looked like it may take a while, but security pushed everyone along and We were putting our sneakers back on before You knew it.
    Disney got Us there in plenty of time for our flight, which turned out to be a bad thing, because our flight home was really delayed, Just like our flight down. Our first time to be one of those flyers who complain about delays in our flights. But We got to Atlantic City Airport without a problem.
    Wow, when We left the AC airport were We in for a suprise. It was about 11 degrees outside and we ended up running across the parking lot for our Car. Way too cool after a week in Florida!
    The ride home was less than an hr. and all went well.
    And Here I will end this long detailed Thread, hoping that somebody along the way enjoyed it and can have a fond memory or two out of it. Thanks for Reading and I hope You will want to enjoy another report in the future!
    IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Sounds like a great trip. Having a "home" right there must be super.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

That was a great trip report. It's always nice to see what other people do with their time at WDW. It helps give me new and exciting ideas for my next trip. I really enjoyed your report and I look forward to reading a new one in May.

That was a great trip report. It's always nice to see what other people do with their time at WDW. It helps give me new and exciting ideas for my next trip. I really enjoyed your report and I look forward to reading a new one in May.
    Thank You so Much! I agree with You that, when I read other reports, it is like being there too! Even the smallest details make us remember something that happened while we were there too! I have a new laptop and will try to do the next report as each day goes along. Maybe I won't forget as much. :-0

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Sounds like a great trip. Having a "home" right there must be super.
    So true, the more I think about it, the happier I am that We did Buy into the DVC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12