Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disneyfreak's trip report!! updated by the minute in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok everyone, a full length trip report is coming soon but I am currently in line for Tower of Terror on my Sidekick. See you all soon...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Disneyfreak's WDW Trip. Come join me!

Ok everyone, a full length trip report is coming soon but I am currently in line for Tower of Terror on my Sidekick. See you all soon
    Last edited by DisneyFREAK91; 02-17-2007 at 09:44 AM.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Oh sure... Let's just rub it in why don'tcha! hehehe Have a blast!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Let out a scream for me!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Good morning everyone! Speaking to you live from my room at the Dolphin. Outside I can see Tower of Terror and the rest of MGM from here. Its an absolutely beautiful morning filled with upcoming fantasy as we go to Magic Kingdom.

Oh and btw...its FREEEEEEEZING here.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Ok what is freeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzing? Because here i think it's about 10 degrees out.. I'm just wondering because they were saying it so cold at Daytona too..
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    BTW i hope your have a great time!!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I wanna be there!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Day 1 - Trumpets, Imagineers, and Il Mulino

I awoke to a fanfare of trumpets...
    I jolted upright in my bed as my dad came "We're going to Disney," he shouted! My dad's house has a speaker system that can play the radio and CD's. He had put on Walt's Tour of Disneyland on 100% volume. That got me out of bed. I looked at the clock, 5:00 am. Not a problem for me.

We quickly got up and dressed and out the door and onto the Turnpike. A few hours into our trip, the sun rose and we arrived at a plaza. We got out of the car and felt a cold blast of air. Absolutely freeeezing. I scrambeled for my sweatshirt in the trunk and made my way to attack the Disney brochures.

2 hours later brought us to the golden arch of (no not McDonald's) Walt Disney World. We immediately made our way to the Studios because I couldn't be late for my Imagineer Lunch.

The park had just opened so it wasn't too crowded. The street actors were all roaming about Hollywood Boulevard. It was great to take pictures with them. We arrived much earlier tan we anticipated so we made our way to Star Tours and Muppet Vision 3D. I made sure to look for all the sight gags. (And I found most of them, special thanks : Lou.)

After Muppet Vision it was time for me to head down to my Imagineer Lunch. We walked down to the Brown Derby, passing the High School Musical Pep Rally. It was pretty neat but nothing special. We finally arrived at the restaurant and checked in. I received a pretty cool nametag (which I wore for the remainder of the trip).

At about 11:15, we were led into the restaurant by a waitress who gave us a pretty interesting history of the Hollywood Brown Derby. I definately learned a lot. The other 7 party members and I were then led to The Bamboo Room where we met Imagineer David Hoffman. The room was absolutely beautiful. Like the title said, the roof was made of bamboo as was much of the furniture. I was very impressed. It was clearly reminiscent of the Asian influence in Hollywood.

The lunch was absolutely amazing! Let me start with the food. I am not a soup or salad person whatsoever. However, I was completely reoriented after eating the cheddar and mushroom soup and the Cobb Salad. Dave Hoffman was also an absolute pleasure. He told us that he is the Art Director for the Studios and worked on many of the major attractions. He also told us he was doing a project on Rock N Roller Coaster. Of course I asked about Toy Story Mania. He seemed surprised that I knew about it and told me basically what I know and that it would be, "Nothing like anything the industry has ever seen."

The lunch ended about 3 hours later. I managed to get him to sign my Imagineer book and we all got a beautiful glass plate with Sorcerer Mickey on it and his signature. My dad and brother picked me up after their lunch at the 50's Prime-Time Cafe. We later made our way to Sunset Boulevard. My brother was not yet willing to ride Tower of Terror or Rock N Roller Coaster, so I went by myself.

After Tower of Terror I went to RnRC. I noticed they were building a single rider's line, so the line was chopped in half by a pink construction wall. I came off of Rock N Roller Coaster feeling so happy I rode it. I reached for my Sidekick 3, nothing!! My eyes widened in worry. My Sidekick was missing!!!!!!! I immediately ran to the exit area already mentally finishing my last will and testament for when my mom killed me. Thankfully, after waiting for a few trains, the CM's found it in a train. Apparently, it went around again. Phew!! Today was my lucky day.

We decided to leave the park at about 5 to make our reservations at Il Mulino. We got back to the Dolphin so we could check in. They asked us which room we wanted. I was surprised by this. We asked for the room with the best view. 9030 was our room.

After unpacking, we went down to the restaurant. It was a very beautiful restaurant. The food was SPECTACULAR. I absolutely loved it. The service was also amazing! I highly recommend this restaurant. I asked if I could see the manager so I could compliment the restaurant. He greatly appreciated it.

We went back up to the room and got into bed. The beds were so heavenly as well. I couldn't wait for tomorrow!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I'm so jealous! I have 8 months to wait! I must live vicariously through you. Will you please hug Prince Charming for me?