Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC @ WDW 2007 Day 9 in the Vacation Planning forums; The DD, DSIL, and DGS did not arrive until 1 AM on Valentine's Day, some 4 hours late due to the storms. They had left Fort Wayne at 7 AM ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC @ WDW 2007 Day 9

The DD, DSIL, and DGS did not arrive until 1 AM on Valentine's Day, some 4 hours late due to the storms. They had left Fort Wayne at 7 AM on Tuesday to get to Indy and avoid the brunt of the blizzard. It was pretty bad on I-69, but DSIL has a 4x4 pickup he drove and could keep going when others couldn't. Indy did not get it as bad as our hometown did--17 inches and 6-8 foot drifts. They got a motel room about three miles from the airport and waited to see if the flight was going or not. Most of the flights on AirTran were cancelled, but their flight was just showing delayed. However, the drive to the airport was pretty scary as Indy was getting freezing rain and sleet at 7 PM. The plane took off at 9:30. The ride to Florida was very bumpy and scary too going thru the storm which extended all the way into Georgia.

After a few hours sleep they were ready to go to the parks. It was a warm and sunny day, and as it turned out, the warmest day of their visit.

In the AM we went to the AK. The DGS loved all the animals. We came home for lunch and his nap and headed to the MK for dinner at Cosmic Rays and took in as many rides as we could that the DGS would enjoy. Luckily, it was easy to ride as most of the guests were getting ready for Wishes. We watched Wishes outside of Peter Pan. The DGS thought they were too loud and started to cry. The DD put her hands over his ears and he was OK. As I mentioned in chat on Thursday I discovered the hard way that they sprinkle the roofs of the buildings surrounding the Castle during Wishes. I was standing near a drainpipe and my shoes and socks got wet as the water gushed out. Watching Wishes from Peter Pan was pretty neat and the fireworks were all around and above us--much, much louder from that position. On the way out we stopped for cotton candy for the DGS. He got a piece for free from on the the two CMs that were making it. He got it all over his face and hands. He looked like a Smurf. What a wonderful day it was.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Sounds like a great time!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!