Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Spoiler: My monsters inc. comedy club review in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my review of the monsters inc. comedy club this has a spoiler warning just to let you know i tried to explain this in detail to paint a ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Spoiler: My monsters inc. comedy club review

This is my review of the monsters inc. comedy club
    this has a spoiler warning just to let you know

i tried to explain this in detail to paint a mental picture, but i'm not the best at it!
    so here you go:

While in the magic kingdom one day of our vacation we had the oppurtunity to preview the monsters inc. attraction. We walked through the long hall way in this hallway there were a bunch of monster gags like a snack machine filled with monster goodies! There were also the “monster of the month “ pictures. As the hallway ended there was a sheet on the wall above the entrance doors saying “comedy club.” On the doors it had the trademark “M” with the eye from monsters inc. While we stood there waiting there were different commercials running on the TV’s in the queue line. We waited while the imagineer made an announcement to inform everyone about them coming around to collect jokes from the audience. When the doors eventually opened we walked into this large room with the benches and lamps just like the concept art! The benches are the monsters inc. blue (or maybe a shade lighter) the reds are a very nice red color with the little “M” on them. The front looks just like the concept sketch . we sat down and as we waited they showed different people on cameras (like millionaire) on the screen with quirky captions like “will buy churros for everyone in the audience” or “Thinks catsup is made from cats!” when the “show “ started mike came on to say a few thing like who was there to perform and they focused a camera on one guy and cracked jokes on him (they use this guy for the rest of the show to make jokes on). Roz came on the big screen on the left to explain how things will work with the laughs and energy and my favorite line she says is “we need laughs for energy, otherwise we may not have enough to open the exit doors” ok well their first act was a monster telling jokes (obviously) but I don’t remember the name or what jokes he said . The next act came out and this is where the interaction comes in! they do a geography thing but they are wrong on everything! Their names were sam an ella! Lol, they focused a camera on a guest and the monster was asking them where they lived and if certain things were there. The last act that came on was mike’s nephew marty, he is orange and looks like mike! He asked the kids in the audience if they had to do chores or had a pet and was asking different kids the names and what they had to do. Now that he was done the very last act was all the monsters taking their turn to tell some jokes from the audience. The show ended and the curtains on the left opened up to let us out right behind the buzz fastpass machines. During the show there was a canister they collected the laughs in and it lit up as everyone laughed and the lights flickered in the place
    I hope this sounds ok if not let me know so I can make sense of it!
    anyway hope you enjoyed!

the picture above i copied from allearsnet.com monsters inc comedy club page!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

So....did you like it? It seems kinda stupid to me, but I guess I'll have to wait and judge that for myself. I already skip right over SGE...it will hurt if I need to skip over another Tomorrowland attraction!

i loved it!!
    now we only did SGE because we had tons of time to waste!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've seen it 3 times now? I took pictures the last time I went too. The CMs weren't paying attention so I snapped away although they're on my friends camera... however I do enjoy it. They picked my friend one time who's 22 to tlak to the monster and they made her go 'boooga booga boooga' in a high pitched voice. It was hilarious!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't wait to see this when i go in december.

we saw it 2 times
    we saw the door opened and ran over there!
    then the 2nd day we were at MK we went and sat by SGE at the same time and the dorrs opened!

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    so its interactive, what if you don't want to interact, did that happen at all?

no the people were really shy
    except for an old man
    but it is very simple stuff they ask you !!

They actually have new posters up outside the ride that I'll have to get pictures of. You can now text your joke in!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    They actually have new posters up outside the ride that I'll have to get pictures of. You can now text your joke in!
    we weren't a big fan of that
    but i did see them they were kinda funny!!

hey maybe you can post o nthis thread if you want!?

Once I take pictures I'll post them. :-) I forgot to today.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    we got in last week. i took a few pics... that i will post at some point. it was a complete waste of time. young children would like it... but i didn't find anything amusing from an adults point of view.

but the fast passes they gave out were nice.

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I thought it was great! I have ridden it a lot, and it gets better everytime!
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!