Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss wdw survived us.... in the Vacation Planning forums; Wonderful day Lori... WE WANT MORE...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wonderful day Lori... WE WANT MORE
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great report so far.. Thanks for sharing! Love the pics too!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I should probably finish this sometime this year... i'm beginning to forget what we did and when we did it.

Wednesday Feb 14th

Valentine's Day....

we decided to go to Animal Kingdom to check out EE. met up with the rents and bro about 10 minutes after the park opened and headed right over. we grabbed a fast pass which was only an hour later. we looked at the stand-by time and it said only 20 minutes. we hopped in line since it was such a short wait. ok, this ride is WAY TOO SHORT! i was really hyped about this thing... but extremely disappointed after i rode it. but not as disappointed as my brother who wanted to wait outside the ride to tell people not to bother wasting there time. he was a little bitter.

after our very short expedition to everest we went were sent a million billion years back in time on dinosaur. we walked past EE again and realized that it was time for our fast passes. we rode it again... and again my brother came off bitter. it's ok... but just way to short of a ride and not any good drops. the amount of time effort and money put into this ride... i think disney could have made it a little bigger and longer. this was my first ever expedition to anywhere ... but seeing that it was to mt everest... i would have thought it would have lasted longer than it did.

at this point we decided to call as many people as we could back home in ny and nj. we just wanted to laugh at everyone since they were getting hit hard with snow while we were walking around in 75 degree weather. we called aunts, uncles, cousins, co-workers, grandparents.... we might be mean... but we found it funny. they didn't.

after our taunting we went to see how long the wait for KS was... 30 minutes... not too shabby. while in line we discussed leaving AK after lunch and going to Blizzard Beach. we're not too into AK so it was a plan. after our trip into the safari we grabbed some lunch at the flame tree bbq.

as my father was waiting for his order the cm rang a bell to get everyone attention. he announced that my father was the guest of the hour in honor of the million dreams come true celebration and presented him with a blue cupcake. yes, that was his "dream." i was hoping for something along the lines of a night in cinderella's castle... but i guess we weren't that lucky. we fed the cupcake to some birds.

we left AK and made plans to meet my parents at BB in an hour. well, that would have worked out just fine.... if todd didn't get LOST IN THE WORLD...

(i'm laughing right now just typing this... sorry if it's not that funny... i might be a you had to be there type of moment...)

here's how todd got lost... or at least that's what i thought....

my mother called me and said that my dad left his bathing suit at our hotel so she asked if we could bring it with us. sure thing... easy... get bathing suit from room... bring to BB.

todd and i got back to our room changed into our suits and went to the bus stop when call number two from mom came. she was reminding us to bring the suit... oops... it was back in the room. todd said that he would run back and grab it. i was sitting there waiting for him as a bus for BB pulled up. a bus for the MK pulled in right behind it. a whole lotta people got off both buses. i looked back and noticed todd was walking towards me... i shouted to him to hurry up and pointed to our bus. I SWEAR HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT ME!

i hopped on the bus along with a few other people and called my mother to tell her we were on our way. the bus doors shut and we pulled away. that's when i noticed i was sitting alone. i glanced around the bus and realized that todd was not on it. my first thought... oh no, he got on the wrong bus! i called my mother and told her i was todd-less. she said... oh don't worry about it. he'll notice he's on the wrong bus when he gets to the MK then he'll go back and catch the right bus. then she said for me to just come to BB and we would have a few drinks while we waited for todd and dad's swimsuit. i figured that was a plan... then i kinda thought that i should really go looking for him. how would i know when he got to BB. his cell phone was locked up in our room safe and i had the key.

i decided to get off at the third stop of PO riverside and go back to wait for todd at our bus stop.... now the reason todd went to get the bathing suit was because i hurt my foot days before at the poly... (we we're on one of the swings on the beach.... todd was swinging it very high and i had the bright idea of jumping off into the sand without wearing any shoes... which would have been fine... if the sand was SOFT!!!.... it wasn't... i went airborn and landed standing up on sand as hard as concrete...OUCH... my foot was throbbing for days now and i was sporting one **** of a limp) todd thought he would save me extra walking by running back to the room.... now i had about a mile walk back to our bus stop... my foot wasn't happy with me!

during my limp back... all i could think of was todd being lost somewhere out in the 47 miles of disney property. (side note.... todd has a genetic disorder which effects his eye sight... his vision even with corrective lenses is extremely poor) now take his vision into account and the fact that this is only the second time he has been to disney since he was a child. take a person who cannot see very well and drop them off into a place where he's not familiar with. i started to get concerned. i called my mom back and told her i was on my way to find todd. she was in tears asking me how i could have lost a grown man in disney world. my dad on the other hand just wanted his bathing suit so he could go swimming.

it's been about 45 minutes since i last saw todd... i went to the bus stop.... no todd... i went back to the room... it was empty. i hopped my way back over to the bus stop.... there he was sitting and waiting for me on one of the benches.... also wearing a different shirt than what i had seen him in earlier.

i was so happy to see that he was there... not only did this mean he wasn't lost.. it meant i could get over to BB to have the much needed drink at the bar!

i asked todd why he never got on the bus... he said he got back to the bus stop and i wasnt there. i told him i waved to him called out his name and pointed to our bus.... (i should have remembered... he has poor vision!) he never saw me. he got back to an empty bus stop and thought i went back to the room for something... so he waited for a little while.. then when i never came back he went searching for me in our room, then back to the stop, then thought he would call my cell from his cell.... went back to the room to find his cell which was locked up and he didn't know my cell number....(this is a good reason to not depend on speed dial and actually learn people's numbers)... then he thought maybe i left him and went to BB on my own... but he didn't know where to find me since he's never been to BB. so he just decided to wait in the last spot he saw me until i returned.

an hour and a half after we had originally planned on meeting our parents.... we finally got to BB when todd threw my dad's suit at him and said... "here's your f'ing suit" dad just laughed at him. first stop... the bar!!!

we spent a few hours at BB then parted our ways. todd and i had ADRs at Le Bistro De Paris while my parents had their own... um... i can't remember where they went... some other place in Epcot.

it was now nearing 5pm... the tempature dropped dramatically and here we were sitting waiting for a bus in wet clothing. for some reason our bus took AN HOUR to get there. by that time BB had closed and our stop was packed!!! the bus that showed up had enough room for about 10 people. todd and i made sure we were part of that 10 since we were the first ones at our stop and we were now frozen. i didn't really care that i pushed my way threw a croud of people to get on that bus. the bus driver had to listen to a very large crowd of very angry people when he announced he was full. at that point... i was already on the bus... so i just laughed at the rest of the people we left standing behind. this time i had todd with me.

ok... this day is not over.. but i have to be up for work in 2.5 hours... so i'm stopping here....

until next time.

good night

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I so want to go to Disney next time with you guys! You are cracking me up. I am glad you found him. I have never been to BB, never had the desire to go, and really, after reading this, still don't. Last October we only drank half way around the world. I knew exactly what you were talking about when you said lemonade in France. Yummy, but way too small. Oooo- and kiwi margaritas. Both of the restaurants you went to I haven't tried yet, looking forward to our next trip though and going to AKL. We stayed at FQ last October. Loved it! My sister had a broken ankle so it was nice to stay there because it was small and she could just crutch to the bus stop. Way better than Riverside. Looking forward to more! And some more pics too!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    That's a funny story....can't wait to read the rest
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123