Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss wdw survived us.... in the Vacation Planning forums; I know this is a little late... but after all the chaos in the past two weeks... better late than never.... Thursday Feb 8th 2007 ok, we actually didn't go ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

wdw survived us....

I know this is a little late... but after all the chaos in the past two weeks... better late than never....

Thursday Feb 8th 2007

ok, we actually didn't go to wdw until saturday, but this was the beginning of our journey....

i had megan home the entire day with me since she wasn't feeling well the night before. we planned on playing hookie from day care who knew she would actually be sick!

i still had to run out to the store for the list of things i had forgotten that we needed for our trip. which megan and i planned doing this together the day before when she wasn't she's already taking after me.....she still wanted to go shopping even though she was still a little under the weather. she also wanted to bring daddy out to lunch at red robin like we had planned.

shopping went over well, megan seemed to be back to her old self again. she "bought" daddy a bear, a balloon, and some candy for valentine's day that she hand delivered to him at his work.

(trip report interruption number 1.... some kid just coming to my door to sell me a "free" local magazine... what makes it free if you want me to give you money?... anyway... back to where i was....)

we picked up daddy, went to red robin, dropped daddy back off to work, and came home to watch Open Season. I still had to pack, clean (hate coming home to a mess), and make dinner. but megan insisted that i sat with her to watch the movie.... ok she really didn't insist.. she asked me once and i figured i could put off everything for a few hours. we both fell asleep about an hour into the movie. i woke up shortly after due to megan's snoring... man who knew a two year old little girl could snore like a 75 year old man?

i got up, threw dinner in the oven, and started cleaning. a few hours later todd came home to a clean house, dinner, a sleeping child, and me swearing up a storm because i burnt myself on the stove. i wasn't too worried about the burn getting infected... making cakes most of my life i'm used to them. so i just swore until the pain subsided.

after dinner we played in megans room for a bit and watched Open Season again. got her a bath and sent her off to bed.

it was now about 9pm and we still had to pack. i just started throwing in clothes not even looking at what i was bringing. todd did the same. and if he EVER complains about my packing again... i'll remind him that his one suitcase was 48.5 lbs while the two smaller ones i had together weighed 37 lbs. he still blames it all on the fact that my clothes are smaller than his and weigh less.... i blame it on the 14 extra outfits he packed compared to the 9 extra i packed... and i thought i had issues!

we were completely packed up and ready to go and it was only 11pm. we decided to get to bed to try and get as much sleep as possible. the excitement was too strong... we were the disney commerical where the little boy says... "i can't sleep... i'm too excited" we got out of bed at midnight. i figured a glass or two of champange might help put us to sleep. there we were at 3am still drinking... not realizing we had to get up in 3 hours. finally at 4am we decided to call it quits and head to bed... again.

Friday Feb 9th 2007

After getting a total of 2 hours of sleep (even though todd and i swore we would get to bed at a reasonable hour the night before)... we got up, showered, dressed, and split up... i went tanning, to the bank, and stopped to get some breakfast for our drive up to NY. he got megan up, dressed, and took her to daycare.

we got back home about 10. the same time we wanted to be on the road. we hurried, packed the car, then spent about 25 minutes talking to our neighbor who was watching our place for things like intruders, explosions, over stock of beer in our fridge, or a small colonization of african pygmies that might decide to settle into our place during our time away.... (the good news... none of these things happened)

finally at 1045 we began our 3.5 hour drive to NY. we had a crying cat, an over excited dog, and two over tired people in an over packed car.... lets just say that this was one of the longest trips to NY that i've ever taken!!!

i was so excited when they all fell asleep two hours into the drive. we got to NY with time to spare until Bruno had his vet appointment. while we were away bruno had surgery to remove a tumor and his nipple. his appointment we well and we set up his surgery to happen on that monday. i would have left him at the vet for boarding prior to his surgery but i promised him that he was going to his favorite kennel for the weekend and his "girlfriend" Macy (another boston terrier) would also be boarding that same weekend. mom agreed to pick him up and drop him off back to the vet for me on sunday night.

after dropping bruno off to the kennel we headed over to my parents house. we ordered pizzas and decided to watch Saw III. um, all i can say is GROSS... do not eat while watching this movie.

(trip repoort interruption number 2.... the kid just returned to lower his price... i wonder if slamming a door in his face would prevent him from returning....)

my cousin called at 1130 to see if we wanted to go over to her house. i was beat, had a few too many glasses of wine in me, and i had to get up in the morning... so i declined the offer.

we headed to bed at 1 figuring we could sleep until 7am. giving us at least 6 hours of sleep.... NOPE... once again excitement over took us. we didn't nod off until after 3.

Saturday Feb 10th 2007

i woke up at 6 and started jumping on the bed screaming we are going to disney... i don't think that this was how todd planned on waking up... i realized this once i saw his face come out from under the covers... it said... "jump on this bed one more time and i will kill you...."

i decided the safest thing for me to do was get out of there. i dashed downstairs like a kid on christmas morning. todd soon followed in his sleep walking mode. my father already had coffee going. (what a great guy!)

i was running on 8 hours of sleep in the past 4 days, coffee, and disney excitement. which meant i could run at least another 48 hours with no rest.

we got to the airport at 9am and said good bye to my parents who would meet us down there in a few days. note to self... albany international airport is the size of a small bus station..... no need to get there 2 hours in advance!!! i think 20 minutes prior to departure would have been more than enough time!!!

our plane boarded early and we got immediate cleanance to take off. this meant we would be getting to orlando earlier than planned!!! the plane ride was fine... todd and i had a few drinks to calm our child-like excitement. (yes, there was a lot of casual drinking on this trip... but... to any children or recovering alcoholics reading this...alcohol should only be enjoyed by legal aged responsible adults... i do not encourage drinking for anyone else but myself....ok, myself and todd)

we landed in orlando 25 minutes early and ran out to take in the 75 degrees weather... (and a cigarette!).. they really need to have smoking sections on planes... (outside on the wing is not what i consider a good designated smoking section as noted by our pilot)

after getting our nicotine fix we went to get our luggage which was just ariving. good timing if i do say so myself. after picking up our stuff we went to go wait in our first line... getting our rental car. most people were complaining about the size of the line... i hope none of them were going to disney... you spend 85% of your time in line.

in no time we were on the road... we passed 3 magical express busses on our way... i love renting a car!

we got to PO FQ.... the place seemed pretty empty. we only waited about 20 minutes to check in. went to our room decided to unpack and settle in since we had less than 2 hours until our ADR at Jiko's. we took the car over to the AKL about an hour early. we wanted to check out the hotel for future visits. i liked it a lot. i've heard a lot of bad reviews on it... but it looked nice to me! there were a lot of animals within a very short distance from the veiwing spots.

dinner was great. well, everything but the kalamata olives that todd thought were some sort of funky african bean... he's too cute!

after dinner we went straight over to the magic kingdom... we parked in the "grumpy" lot... hmmm... coincidence? i think not!

we were off on our days and thought that the EMH were that night... we were wrong.. but we were able to get in a few rides before the park closed. we went straight over to PotC.... we were on BTMRR when wishes began.... ran over just in time to get in line for space mountain. after we got off of space mountain the park was already closed for a 1/2 hour. it was pretty empty. we took our time leaving... got our pics in lou's spot.... then headed back to our hotel.

once back i talked todd into going for a midnight stroll. one of my favorite things to do. we walked over to PO RS and checked out the grounds. got back to our room about 130am. we went to the store for some beer and wine. we were back and in bed by 230am.

to be continued....
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 02-28-2007 at 06:38 PM.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    great trip report... I can not wait to read more.. The door slamming was great! Nice touch! hehehe
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

here's a few pics from our first night....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wdw survived us....-magic-kingdom.jpg   wdw survived us....-tomorrowland.jpg   wdw survived us....-superman-tomorrowland.jpg  

I personally love the superman pose... Just great!! hehehe
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Sunday Feb 11th 2007

We had stitch call us at 7am... i hung up on him and went back to sleep until 730. got up showered dressed and we were off to epcot.

of course we had to make our first stop SSE. if they ever decide to close this ride or change it in anyway... i will personally find the person responsible and make them pay. after that we went over to see the wait on test track... 40 minutes... not too bad but we decided the 5 minute wait in mission space seemed better. we came back to test track and figured to just wait in line instead of getting a fast pass. todd wanted to ride soarin so we wanted to save our fast pass for that. i refuse to wait 80 minutes for that ride!!!

after test track we went over to the land to grab a fp for soarin (the most boring ride of wdw.. hehe...) our time wasn't until late afternoon... it was still early so we checked out imagination, our plan was to go over to mexico.... notice we do not follow any sort of path... we roam freely throughout the parks... on the way i asked todd if he wanted to stop for a beverly. he didnt have a clue what i was talking about...

so there we were with about 30 people watching todd try his first beverly. i wish i took pics of this!!! there we so many people laughing and pointing at him. yes, i was one of those people. needless to say... he wasn't a fan.

mexico... ahh... my first of many margaritas... the lime and kiwi are the best! todd had this idea that he wanted to drink around the world. i know he wouldn't make it.. but i went along with it. next we stopped at norway where he grabbed a beer. i got a glass of wine. then we skipped over china since he still wasn't done with his beer... we shuffled on to germany. here he decided he wanted a beer and a shot. they didn't have black haus so we went for appfle korn.. (or whatever it's called) we both did a shot, he grabbed his beer and i went for another glass of wine.

next was italy... i had to have a bellini. todd passed. we both skipped over the american adventure... nothing really seemed to pop out at us.... stopped at japan where he got a cold sake and i went for plum wine. by now it seemed that the drinks were taking their toll on todd. i was just warming up...

i had to get to france to have a favorite of mine.... grey goose and frozen lemonade... yum!

we walked over to the united kingdom where todd spotted sleeping beauty... poor girl didn't even see him coming. he was so excited to meet her... but i don't think the feeling was mutual. she seemed a little.. um... shy. ok, i think she was just scared for her life... but shy seems nicer.

it was getting close to our soarin time but i decided to make soarin a little more interesting for todd's first time. i went over and got him a 1/2 of bass while i got myself a hard cider.. can't remember the name....

our last stop was canada.... i asked very nicely at their kiosk for some ice wine... the girl said she didnt have any but i may be able to get one to go from le'cellier. they wouldn't! i was sad... but i went back to the kiosk for some other wine offering. todd was still nursing his 1/2 yard.... he was done.

we made our way back to soarin. todd was... um... a little tipsy. i myself was feeling pretty good. soarin didn't seem so bad in this state...

after soarin we took a monorail ride over to the poly for dinner. we ate at kona cafe... which was packed. we ended up waiting an hour past our ADR... they also ran out of the little buzzer things so we had to wait there. the wait was worth it... dinner was very good.

we walked along the beach for a little bit before heading over to the magic kingdom for EMHs....

the park was pretty empty. we were able to go on PotC, BTMRR, the Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear's SRS, Space Mt, TTA (the wed way people mover if you ask me), PhilharMagic, and the mad tea party. We also got to see wishes, do some shopping, and take in the sights... once again we were one of the last ones out of the park.

here's a few more pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wdw survived us....-i-like-margaritas.jpg   wdw survived us....-i-like-beer.jpg   wdw survived us....-i-wonder-if-hell-notice-i-have-his-beer.jpg   wdw survived us....-how-many-can-i-handle....jpg  
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 03-04-2007 at 03:06 PM.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Sounds like good times, i love the whole tispy part!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Why do I have a feeling you guys know where all the smoking areas in WDW are!? Sounds good so far!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    sounds like you guys had a blast
    can't wait to hear more

everything is still intact at WDW ?

right?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Why do I have a feeling you guys know where all the smoking areas in WDW are!? Sounds good so far!

because we do... i am not a fan of smoking next to, around, or near children, and we do follow the rules and go smoke in the designated areas only... but i cannot stand when parents bring their children into the smoking areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89 View Post
    everything is still intact at WDW ?

right?

erm.. i think so.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So did you investigate the thing?

Great trip report.. I like hearing the different drinks you all had... I should write some of this down for when I drink around the world! hehehe
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Dear Lord...I'll have to come back to this when I have more time.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Awesome trip report Lori... Can't wait to read the rest....The picture with you drinking is Classic. Did you finish it all????.... Crazy woman!!!!
    Last edited by butlers; 03-01-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast