Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MayBWeRMnt2B's Spring Break Report - 2/28-3/11... in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 3 - Friday March 2nd, 2007 - Pleasure Island Cast Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B) Alan my fiance Amy - friend Brent - friend The report So Alan and I have Annual ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Day 3 - Friday March 2nd, 2007 - Pleasure Island!

Day 3 - Friday March 2nd, 2007 - Pleasure Island

Cast
    Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B)
    Alan my fiance
    Amy - friend
    Brent - friend

The report

So Alan and I have Annual Passes to PI so we get someone in free with each of us on Friday night. Brent and Amy have never been so we took them. Our first stop was the rock and roll beach club to get buckets. Then we wandered around motion for a bit and after that, we went to Motion just to see it and then we went to see what time the Comedy Warehouse shows were at.

We went to the Adventurer's Club and went to the Radioathon. Well, Amy was a favorite of Hathaway Brown. Basically, Amy and Hathaway are an item! I will post pictures once we get them off the camera phone. However, it was HIGHLY amusing. At the club, Amy was wearing a tube top and was carrying her bucket drink. They gave her the name: No Straps with Bucket which is what we called her for the rest of the night. I guess that's her Indian name?

Once we left, we went to the Comedy Warehouse. We laughed at a show there and they sang a song about Amy's pet peeve: people who chew loudly. After that, we left while talking to the people behind us. They invited us to go back to Motion with them and they bought us drinks for the rest of the night! Which was highly amusing. I was the driver, so I determined we left at about 1:30am.

After that I took everyone home and that was it.

We got up the next morning Amy and I got up at 8 to go to Animal Kingdom!

However that's another report.

This one was short, but it's still something.

I'll type up the rest of the reports to catch you up all through Saturday AND Sunday tomorrow on Monday.

- Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Day 4 - All 4 parks in 1 day + Hello, Lou for 2.5 seconds!

Day 4 - March 3rd, 2007 - Saturday - All 4 Parks in 1 day + Hello Lou, for 2.5 seconds!

Cast

Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B)
    Alan (Jeanne's fiance)
    Brent & Amy (Jeanne & Alan's friends)
    Various friends of Brent & Jeanne
    Lou
    Matt (Quickgold) & Company

Well the day started out with Amy and I getting up to go to the park early. We wanted to be there right around opening. The boys were sleeping in since they stayed up until 3am playing Wii. Amy and I went to Animal Kingdom. We walked right on Everest in the Single Rider line. Then we walked right on Dinosaur. However, it was FREEZING. Now being college students, we forgot to check the weather. We were planning on going on water rides. However, we were freezing. We looked around for sweatshirts we liked since we were both wearing shorts and a tank top, but couldn't find anything. I did buy a tinkerbell light-weight backpack though that we used for the rest of the weekend to put all our stuff in.

I texted Alan to bring sweatshirts for Amy and me then we headed over to MGM Where we were going to meet the boys. We ended up parking in the same row about 50 spots from each other, so we walked in with them.

We were meeting some people I know from MGMStudios.org for a Mini-meet. We walked over to the area right outside Sounds Dangerous and met up with Matt and Marissa who were already there. Brent then went off to meet his friend Jess who was also in the park while Amy, Alan, and I went to join the MGMStudios.org gang at the Tune-In Lounge for a drink and for some time to talk. We talked for awhile and they asked about my wedding and various things. After about two hours of talking and just hanging out (Thanks for the drinks guys!) we figured we should take a picture and get on with our days. We took the picture with everyone and we all started to leave.

My group was just about to leave but low and behold, the ever famous Lou, recognizes Matt and starts talking to him. I said a quick good-bye to Matt and Marissa and a VERY quick Hello to Lou since we were off to Magic Kingdom to get Tacos! (It was great seeing you though, Lou!)

We moved our cars over to MK and went to go grab Tacos. We were joined by one of Brent's friends at this time, so the five of us ate tacos. Then I, with my WONDERFUL persuasuive skills, convinced everyone to go on Splash Mountain!!! In 50 degree weather!

Really, it was AMAZING. Alan and I sat in front with Brent and his friend in the 2nd row and Amy in the third. We had the entire car to ourselves. And as fate had it, Alan and I stayed dry throughout the entire ride! The only part of me that got wet was my butt when water came into the front seat. Amy, Brent, and his friend all got caught getting DRENCHED due to bad timing. It was highly hilarious because Amy heard that the left seat in the 3rd row was the driest, and she ended up being soaked!

After this we went to Buzz and tried our hand at that. After that Brent and his friend went back to ESPN the weekend while Alan, Amy, and I went home. We were going to drop off of a car and Amy and I wanted to change. Once we took warm showers, we bundled and then went back to Epcot!

The monorails today were going REALLY slow. The MK resort and MK Express were both not going faster than 10 mph. They couldn't. They were having computer glitches (according to CMs) and it took FOREVER. The express monorail took a good 20 minutes to get to the parks. It wasn't express. You could tell the CMs were mad. I made a joke that you could run to the Magic Kingdom faster than taking the monorail. The CM behind us just goes 'oh no. You could WALK and get there faster."

Well that was our amusement of the monorail. We went to Epcot and picked up fast passes for Soarin'. We road Soarin with some of Brent's friends. Then we went to America to get food. After we ate we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom. At the Magic Kingdom we went on Astro orbiters and Space Mountain! Once we went on that, it was about closing time so we headed out of the park as we were hearing the "get out of the MK" good-bye announcement!

We came home and played Wii for awhile and then we went to sleep!

One last note, is that I ordered the DWT books (both of them) to send to my friend in Iraq. She is planning her very first trip to Disney when she gets home from her duty. I'm going to be mailing them to her tomorrow along with some snacks. Lou did a great job at personalizing them. I'm going to leave them up to her if she takes them home or if she leaves them on base for all the guys to read!

Well, I think that's it. I will type up Sunday later today before we head to the pirate and princess party! Sunday's excitement involves... race cars and... YMCA.

However, we still haven't won anything yet...

Maybe Tuesday... That's my hope to get the castle room on Tuesday or Wednesday so everyone... cross your fingers! I promise pictures...

and if I don't have 6 people to fill it, you never know who I'll call..
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I've got a free flight to anywhere I want...so I volunteer!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Day 5 - Sunday, March 4th, 2007 - Park Hopping

Day 5 - Sunday, March 4th, 2007 - Park Hopping

Cast
    Jeanne
    Alan
    Amy
    Brent

Sunday morning we headed to animal Kingdom. Amy and I had been there the day before, but Brent and Alan had slept in. We went to the Safari first. After that we headed to Everest. I decided not to ride because I was feeling a little woozy, so my friends all went in the single rider line. They got off Everest, and standing there were 3 dream squad members!!!!!!!!!!

However, they didn't win anything. They were all just staring at their watches which means they were probably giving away a prize and again, they were taunting me with their prize!

Anyway, after that we went to Dinosaur. After Dino, we were hungry, so we ate at the Flame Tree BBQ using my Disney Dining Experience card, it saved me 10 bucks! I swear, that card, is the BEST 60 dollar investment I've ever made! I've saved 60 dollars at least so far, so the card has already paid for itself! Ducks were attacking our table so we dropped a few fries for it, and the ducks at the rest of my corn from my corn on the cob. However, Ducks do not like Rib meat we discovered.

After Lunch, we decided to head to Animal Kingdom Lodge to look around. We drove to AKL and wandered around the hotel for a bit. We stopped by the bar by the pool to get some refreshments and then went to the Overlook. After looking around for awhile, we decided to head to MGM. At MGM we went on Tower of Terror and for our picture, we did the YMCA. I was the C. It was a highly amusing picture. After Tower, we headed to the ESPN experience thing that was set up behind Coaster. Amy and I road race cars while we looked for some celebs. After the experience we were going to ride Great Movie Ride if they had both cars going, however, they only had one so we left.

We stopped by Publix because Brent wanted to cook dinner for us that night! We went back to my house and played Wii for awhile while Brent cooked. Once we ate we headed back into Magic Kingdom. At Magic Kingdom we went on Space Mountain and Buzz. We also road the Barnstormer because Brent had never been on it. We also got our picture taken in front of the castle and with random characters.

I think that's it for Sunday! We went home a bit early because we were all tired and then we decided to play some more Wii and go to sleep!

I will be posting right after this post once I type it up, my review of the Pirate and Princess Party that Alan and I went to on Monday Night!

- Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Day 6 - Pirate & Princess Party!

Day 6 - Pirate & Princess Party - March 5th, 2007

Cast
    Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B)
    Alan (my fiance)

It was cold! Brrrr! it was about 43 so in the pictures I put in below, that's why we are all bundled!

We both went for haircuts at about 5:15 and after that we headed to the MK! We got there at about 7 and got our wristbands and our booty pouches! However, they were all out of Pirate & Princess party crowns. Apparently they didn't make enough, and Disney didn't want to make anymore. That disappointed me a bit, but the night was still okay.

We headed to tomorrowland and walked directly on Buzz and Space Mountain. After that, we hit up the two booty stations in Tomorrowland. Basically they gave out either chocolate or beads. We hit up all 10 stations throughout the night!

After tomorrowland we headed to toontown! We hit up the booty stations and then went to go visit Pirate Donald! He didn't like my sweatshirt because it had Mickey on it and he wasn't. However, he was a REALLY good Donald and I was laughing the entire time!

After toontown we went to Fantasyland and went on Winnie the Pooh. We also met Flounder at the Dance Party and walked right on Peter Pan! After that we walked through Frontierland and Adventureland to hit up the rest of the booty stations.

The park was completely deserted. There was nothing longer than a 5 minute wait for ANYTHING. Apparently according to CMs, the ticket sales were REALLY down for March 5th and 8th. Disney was disappointed with some of the results from the last couple nights. It was extremely easy to get around and most parts of the park just looked deserted. It was absolutely amazing. I loved it.

We went to Casey's and grabbed dinner where I got bit by a duck.

Yes, that's right, you read it correctly. I got bit by a duck. Well, my pant leg did. In the middle of dinner, I looked down and realized a duck was about .5 cms from my foot! I just kinda looked at him and went on eating. Halfway through dinner, all of a sudden I feel something pulling on my jean leg! I looked down and there was a duck attached to my pant leg! I screamed and kicked so it ran away, but it gave me a fright!

After that, we went to get a spot for the fireworks because it was about 9:30 already from walking around. We waited by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station to see the fireworks: Magic, Music, and Mayhem! It was definitely an interesting show. I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best fireworks show I've seen, however it was interesting.

After fireworks we headed to Frontierland to get a spot for the parade. even though the park was deserted, I wanted to make sure I had a great spot to get pictures. I got an amazing one of Jack! He posed for me and then he hit on me. It was hilarious. I'll post a link once I post them to my photo album!

The parade was good. It was definitely interesting. They had a LOT of horse drawn carriages which was amazing. Tinkerbell was also in the parade! That made me really happy! This Tinkerbell wasn't at all creepy like the one I saw in Disneyland this summer. The parade was really interesting. It even had the Lost Boys in it from Peter pan! However, it was REALLY short.

After the parade, we went to get in line to meet Jack. He was interesting to meet, but the only disappointment was that he didn't even sound a TINY bit like Jack. He had too deep of a voice and sounded like he was trying too hard. His mannerisms were amazing, but his voice ruined it.

After we met Jack, we went to go on the Jolly Roger haunted river boat. By this time it was about midnight since we ended up waiting 50 minutes to meet Jack. It was COLD! Alan and I went inside the boat and sat down out of the wind, and I listened with my eyes closed. I have been averaging about 4 hours of sleep a night and I've been feeling sick half the time, so I just wanted to sleep!

I loved the story of the Jolly Roger though! It was really interesting to hear. It told the history of the jolly roger. Why he was called the Jolly Roger (baiscally he was nice instead of mean and he sang and was very happy!) I enjoyed it, and I wish they had more creative things like that on the River Boat all the time!

After this, it was midnight and I was exhausted so we walked out of the park.

I got more than enough "booty" because I kept emptying out my booty bag and putting it into my backpack, so we ended up with a LOT of chocolate. Overall, I give it a good review. Would I go back again? Definitely! The best part was the emptiness of the parks and the different fireworks and parades. However, I wouldn't do it yearly, I'd just do it about every couple years.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Day 7 - March 6th, 2007 - A quick Morning

Day 7 - March 6th, 2007 - A Quick Morning

Cast
    Jeanne & Alan

We were exhausted from last night. I didn't end up going to sleep until around 2am because by the time I got home I was a tad frozen even with dressing warm, so I wanted to warm myself up with a quick bubble bath.

I set my alarm for 8am this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 8:15. I got ready and we finally got into the park around 9:30 this morning. Our goal was to get in as close to opening as possible as an attempt to hopefully win a prize.

No such luck today. We saw PLENTY of dream squad people and plenty of people with prizes, but none for us! That made me sad. I believe I'll win if I'm meant to win, and I'll win one of these days but it's always a bit disappointing always going in and never winning anything.

We road the safari and noticed a few changes - the earthquake bridge no longer shakes, you just drive over it like any other bridge - the cheetahs are under "animal relocation" processes - there are more "animal relocation barriers up right before the supposed "smashed in gates" - which was interesting.

They also had one unloading dock working and only one. It really slowed down the unloading area and we ended up sitting in the vehicle for about 10-15 minutes AFTER the safari with our driver basically silent. Talk about boring!

Once we finally got out of the ride we noticed lots of people were getting stopped by safari cast members apologizing for the delay of unloading. Once this happened we went to Everest. We noticed dream squad people giving prizes away to a car of Everest about 20 minutes before us.

After Everest, we just wandered the park for a bit. It was already 11 o'clock by this time and we had to be back in Celebration by 1 for a plumber and Del-Air to come fix do some work on the house. After wandering through stores looking for those chocolate raspberry cookies - I'm planning on mailing one to my brother - we left!

It was a very quick trip but it was something.

This afternoon we went tanning so I'm starting to look tan actually.

We'll be back in the parks tomorrow morning, btu I'm finally all caught up with the reports!

I hope you all enjoy them!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

pictures...

Here are a few pictures from the weekend...

Amy, Alan, and I posing and looking like idiots outside Dinosaur.

Alan & I with pirate Donald at the Pirate & princess party!

Me, Alan, Amy, & Brent in front of the tree of life

Alan & I meeting Jack Sparrow last night at the Pirate & Princess party!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

flutter is offline Moderator
    can't see any of the pictures

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I wish I was enjoying the park with you all! It really sounds fun.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I cant see the pictures either, it says the page cannot be displayed.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I'll attempt to figure out the pictures... I'm on dial-up so once I get 'em I'll figure out why its not working because it worked okay for me... hmm.

Try this link. This link is to my yahoo albums.

Near the bottom is a "Spring Break 2007" link that has the pictures uploaded.

http://photos.yahoo.com/angelofsnowshine

The other photo albums have TONS of Disney pictures too so look around if you want!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I want to hang out with Pirate Donald too! I am a smidgen jealous.

Day 8 & Day 9 - Quick Trips!

Day 8 - March 7th, 2007 - A Quick Trip... we missed winning by 20 people! Uggh!

Cast
    Alan & Jeanne

Yesterday morning we went to MGM for a couple hours. Our first stop was the Great Movie Ride. They only had Car 2 going again though. I really want to see the bank blow up one of these times, but I haven't seen it because they always only have car 2 going. Ah well. After that we decided to head over to Coaster and Tower. We walked over to Coaster and basically walked right on. We ended up sitting in Row 11. I realized you feel it a little more in the back.

After Coaster, we went to Tower. We were waiting in line and 3 Dream Squad members walk by us and just start staring at the line counting... we were about 10 people away from the front. We were getting closer and closer and I was PRAYING that we'd win... and we didn't win anything. I heard one of the DS tell the CM that they were waiting for "the 4th guest after 10:30am." It was 10:29 when we walked through!!!!

So Alan and I were sad as we went into the room and well, didn't win anything. We were wondering what they won, and we hoped it was something small. I tried to memorize the people who were in line so I could try and see once they rejoined us after their preshow what they won. We were waiting in the loading area for a couple minutes and exactly 20 people behind us about 50 people came through the line with Dream Fastpasses! So we only missed Dream Fastpasses by 20 people!!!

We were a BIT happier that someone didn't win the castle room because well, we're mean people and we HAVE to win and we WANT to win and we'd really enjoy it. However, we didn't win.

Day 9 - March 8th, 2007 - Even shorter Trip... when am I gonna WIN?

Cast
    Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B)
    Alan (fiance)
    Amy (friend

Amy was dropped off at my house last night because we were driving her to the Orlando Airport this morning. We decided to get up and go into Epcot for an hour before the airport. We arrived at Epcot and went straight to Test Track. We walked directly on and we got our own car. We did "see no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil" so our picture looks AMAZING. We got it on photopass so I'll save it and post it later.

After Test Track we still had sometime so we went to Mission: Space. We did the less intense green mission. It was fine. Although by then it was time to leave to take Amy to the airport!

So again we didn't win. Although I'm thinking...

we'll win this weekend?

Alan and I will be in the parks Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We will be eating dinner at Alfredo's at Epcot one night and other than that we'll just be wandering around. I'm hoping we'll win!

Everyone cross their fingers and wish us luck! I really want to win this weekend...
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Jeanne great trip reports as always....Stop wanting to win SOOOO badly, cause that's all you'll be able to think about. I don't want to see you in the papers with headlines "COLLEGE STUDENTS ARRESTED FOR PULVARIZING SOME DREAM SQUAD MEMBERS FOR NOT GIVING THEM ANY PRIZES -DETAILS AT 11"
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Friday March 9 - Day whatever I'm up to!

Trust me, we stopped trying hard this morning! We just had fun this morning!

Day 10 - Friday March 9th, 2007 - Just a little bit of fun!

Cast
    Alan & Jeanne

We got up this morning and got ready to go to the Magic Kingdom. I wanted to go to MK before the weekend as I knew it would get busier this weekend! We drove and went to MK parking in Pluto 17 (really was that necessary? apparently so!). We went in and went to Buzz and walked right on. Alan beat me by about 10,000 points. We both had above 600,000. I was mad because it was SO close. He told me we should go on it again. First I wanted to stop nad see Stitch because I had a postcard for him to sign! Stitch hugged me and wouldn't let go. I'm really tempted to see the picture because I was just laughing. I was wearing my light-up ears and when I turned them on as Stitch demanded he started dancing and clapping his hands! I was highly impressed my Stitch this morning! After Stitch we decided to go on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (peoplemover) because well, we can. After TTA, we went back to Buzz. This time... I WON!! Muwhahaha!

I had 898,700. Alan only had around 600,00 again.

After Buzz we wandered back to Toontown and meeted and greeted Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Goofy, and Pluto! We then were heading to Fantasyland and ran into Tigger! After Tigger we got ice cream at Mrs. Pott's. I got a swirl in a cone and Alan got a root beer float. After we ate our ice cream we walked and went on the Haunted Mansion... parts of it seemed too dark!

After that it was about noon and we were eating lunch at home so we left.

It was a lot of fun. I wonder where we'll end up tomorrow!

Any suggestions? with our 2 mornings left?
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast