Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MayBWeRMnt2B's Spring Break Report - 2/28-3/11... in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 11 - March 10th - Part 1 - Almost Over! Cast Alan & Jeanne Report Alan and I got up this morning and went to Animal Kingdom. My rash ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Day 11 - March 10th - Part 1

Day 11 - March 10th - Part 1 - Almost Over!

Cast
    Alan & Jeanne

Alan and I got up this morning and went to Animal Kingdom. My rash from the sun is getting worse and worse and spreading so I did get a few funny looks this morning because my skin is all varied in tone. Not fun. However, we went in and went on It's Tough to Be A Bug. We also stopped to see the lemur's, but they weren't there yet.

We then headed to Africa and went on the Safari. The Safari took awhile because the baby giraffe was blocking the road for a good ten minutes! Then cattle came behind the car that the giraffe had blocked and we got stuck even longer! I got some amazing pictures!

The broken bridge worked again on the safari and after the safari we headed toward Asia. We walked right past Everest since it had a 30 minute wait but wound a long ways, I figured it would be longer so we went to Dinosaur and walked right on! After Dinosaur, Alan wanted to go since we've been spending a lot of time at Disney lately, and he wanted a tiny break. We walked out and stopped by to see the Lemurs again and they were out this time!

We went tanning and now on our last days of our Spring Break we are doing laundry. Fun fun!

We are having Dinner tonight at Italy at Epcot at you guessed it... Alfredo's! I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

I'll post more later or tomorrow night!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Day 11 - Part 2 & Day 12 - The end!

Day 11 - Part 2

Dinner. Mmm. We made reservations for 5:30 for Alfredo's since it is closing in the end of June. We arrived at about 5:15 and were seated by 5:25, so we were a bit early! Nothing too exciting to report over dinner. I got the Alfredo and Alan got lamb. The best part was at the beginning of our meal, we had a man sitting next to us who knew the owner of the original Alfredo's - and had eaten there! He talked in Italian to the waiter, but he struck up a conversation with us about the original place and how the pasta "isn't as good, b ut they try" and how the best part of eating at Alfredo's was when the chef came and mixed it at your table, and if you were lucky enough to get the bowl, it was absolutely amazing! He said it was more cheesy and even more delicious than what they make of it today!

He was very nice to talk to. Halfway through our meal, he left. I also had a Rossini which is champange and strawberries and Calamari for an appetizer. I had a chocolate cake with a cheese layer on top for desert and Alan got some sort of multi-colored cake that I can't remember the name of. It was delicious!

We walked out with some of my pasta left, and we decided to ride Spaceship Earth with our left-overs.

No noticable changes to it at all. Although they are DEFINITELY doing construction on the unloading area in that big open room, you can only exit to one side now!

Day 12 - The end! March 11th, 2007

Alan and I woke up and decided to go into Epcot. We didn't get to stay long though because we had various household chores that needed to be done before we went back to school. We went on the Seas with Nemo and Friends and ended up waiting 30 minutes for it! Then we decided to go on Imagination, but of course we walked right on!

We wandered around the parks for awhile, strolling through Innoventions and the shops, but it was getting crowded so unfortunately we decided to leave to go home and get work done!

That's it for my Spring Break reports. I didn't win anything yet, but now I"m focused on just having more fun than winning.

Here are the dates I know I'm going in March so far...

Thursday, March 15th, 2007 - Morning and possibly evening alone and then with friends!
    Wednesday March 21st, 2007 - Afternoon/evening with my friends
    Friday March 23rd - Start of my 22nd Birthday Celebration - possibly a campfire movie?
    Saturday, March 24th - my 22nd Birthday, maybe I'll win big on this day! We'll be in the parks ALLLLLLLLLLL Day!
    Sunday, March 25th- the end of the celebration

Tuesday March 27th - My mom and I will be going to AK since she came to visit me!

And I think that's it for march! Let me know if your gonna be there!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Wow! Great reports Jeanne! It sounds like you really had an awesome time. I wish I could go as much like you.

Hopefully I will go in October but it is looking doubtful if I can't get the money saved up.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Thanks Katy. If I didn't live so close, I wouldn't be going nearly as much. My Disney Dinning Experience card also helps cut down the costs. So it's been helping me some!

I'll be posting a link to all the photos taken throughout the week also later.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Here's a link to the photos, not sure if you guys can get to them, they are on facebook. Let me know if it doesn't work!

http://flsouthern.facebook.com/album...2e&id=75800667
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Here is a link to my album with picture sfrom the Pirate & Princess party and some other ones!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelo...hine/my_photos

or click this one and click on "Spring Break 07" unless you wanna look at funny pictures of me in my wedding dress and various things...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelofsnowshine/my_photos
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Great report....wish I had been there to wander around with you guys.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Quote Originally Posted by NORMNB8S View Post
    Great report....wish I had been there to wander around with you guys.
    Maybe someday you will!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Jeanne

Great trip report.....A question please......how were the crowds? Considering that we are only 15 days away from our visit and it is our first during spring break can you give us an idea of what to expect?

Thanks
    Steve a.k.a "Main Street Magic"
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Magic View Post
    Jeanne

Great trip report.....A question please......how were the crowds? Considering that we are only 15 days away from our visit and it is our first during spring break can you give us an idea of what to expect?

Thanks
    Steve a.k.a "Main Street Magic"
    My Spring Break in the beginning of March is the first Spring Break, so it is very uncrowded. However if I am correct you'll be there around March 31st? It will be a lot more crowded. Expect to wait 60 minutes at least for some of the more popular attractions.

Some days over Spring Break the parks fill to capacity and they stop letting people park (this happened to me one year at MK) and tell them to go to a different park. If that ever happens just go park at one of the resorts (tell them you're here to look around) and then just leave your car there! They will tell you its only for 3 hours but I always just "accidentally" leave the parking thing upside down. However they haven't been giving those out lately.

It will be crowded especially since you may be there around Easter? Easter is one of those peak times I believe. Just expect crowds, but it definitely is still possible to have fun! Take a break in the middle of the day so you are rested to go until the park closes. (One perk is that you'll have longer park hours!)
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the information. You were correct that we will be there from the 31st to the 8th. It was the only time frame that we could get to be able to take our grandson down for his first visit to WDW. Whatever we miss on this trip we will see when we go back down in October.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Anytime! It still should be able to see a lot, it will just definitely be crowded!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123