Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MayBWeRMnt2B's Spring Break Report - 2/28-3/11... in the Vacation Planning forums; My Spring Break officially starts March 2nd-11th of 2007. However, I have a group of college friends that goes to Disney about once a week since we are all fanatics. ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

MayBWeRMnt2B's Spring Break Report - 2/28-3/11...

My Spring Break officially starts March 2nd-11th of 2007. However, I have a group of college friends that goes to Disney about once a week since we are all fanatics. I will be typing the trip report each day (or when I can) so hopefully it will be enjoyable... and amusing!

Hopefully I will win a prize for the Year of A Million Dreams.

So i'll start with the report...

February 28th, 2007 - A Celebratory Day

Cast
    Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B
    Alan (MayBWeRMnt2B's fiance)
    Amy (friend)
    Brent (friend)

All of us make up in "unable to make decisions" club

We normally go every other Wednesday that I'm not on-call since I am an RA. This being one of our weeks, we ran away to the World. We decided to go to Epcot because Brent knew someone who was going to be there. We parked at the TTC since that's where we normally end up and took the monorail to Epcot. We went to Epcot. We were hungry so we decided to go get a snack at Seasons and after that and went on Soarin' with his friends. Part of the Waiting area for Soarin is under construction, so they only had one theater going. However, we only waited about 15 minutes tops. We then decided to go on Test Track after saying good-bye to Brent's friends. We walked right on test-track.

The Unable to Make Decisions Club got off of test-track and we could not decide where we wanted to go yet. So we started to wander around in the general direction of the countries. It was about 3pm in the afternoon. Before we left campus, i had gotten 2 midterms and 1 paper back that I got A's on all of them so I was in a good mood. We decided to go to the Rose & Crown Pub and take advantage of my Disney Dining Experience card.

We walked to England and enjoyed our drinks (I got a Welsh Dragon! Mmm yummy!) and sadly enough, the bartender recognized us. I don't know if this is a good thing... After the drinks, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom.

We took the monorail back to the magic kingdom while riding in the nose! They were training a new CM, so we also were learning how to drive the monorail! Anyone want to go on a ride later?

We headed toward Tomorrowland upon arrival in the Magic Kingdom. We noticed the Noodle Station was open for dinner, so we decided we should go there for dinner. However, we first went on Buzz Light-Year. We all took separate cars since the wait was walk-right-on. Amy maxed out one gun and got 780000 on the other. Alan also maxed out one gun and got around 20000 on the other. I got 780000 on one gun and I don't know what Brent got. However, Brent and I ALWAYS lose.

After Buzz, we randomly started walking in the direction of Space Mountain. We all have a fear of getting our heads chopped off on Space Mountain ever since we realized I could touch the top of the tunnel, so we road Space Mountain while ducking. We then went to go get dinner before we headed to the other side of the park.

After dinner, we went on Thunder Mountain which had about a 20 minute wait oddly enough. After Thunder, we went on Aladdin's magical carpets in Adventureland.

By this time, it was 7:45 and MK closed at 8pm. As we were leaving, we decided to go to the Tambu lounge for a drink at the Polynesian. However, we decided to race. Alan and I took the monorail while Amy and Brent took the boat. Alan and I won easily. We found a table right in front of the big screen that was showing American Idol and ordered drinks. I got Le Stravinsky which is the official drink of Disneyland Paris. I recommend one when you go! We waited for them, then after our drinks (and getting my discount from my DDE) we decided to go look for food since we had a 45 minute drive back.

We didn't find anything at the Polynesian, so we stopped at Hess. The Hess gas station right outside MK advertises "a large cheese pizza and 2 liter for 6.00." I went in to get our pizza, and not ONLY did we get a large cheese pizza and 2 liter for 6 bucks, but we got a hess light-up truck AND helicopter with 2 C batteries!

We ate the the pizza as we drove back... the free truck and helicopter is still riding around in Amy's car. However, this weekend Amy & Brent are spending it with us at Disney. So we shall see what happens to the car...

Well I believe that's good for today's start...

Tomorrow I will write today's report. Here's a preview...

- a meet with a DWT member and I didn't even realize it
    - Look Ma, I'm on tv!

See ya soon!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Sounds very cool, Enjoy your spring break!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Great report - Here's looking forward to reading more!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great trip report so far, Jeanne... Can't wait to see who it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I can not wait for the next installment!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Looking forward to the next chapter!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Day 2 - March 1st, 2007 - Look Ma, I'm on Tv!

Day 2 - March 1st, 2007

Cast
    Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B)
    Matt (quickgold)

I go to the World every Thursday morning by myself. I have no classes and unless I have a huge project to study for, I head out there for a few hours of fun where I normally arrive back at school at around 1ish. I woke up at 7:30am and after posting a bit, I got in my car and drove to Celebration. I took care of some errands there, put out the garbage for pick-up on Friday, and got ready for the day. Once I was ready I headed to MGM.

Once at MGM I noticed that a lot of posters and whatnot were already up for ESPN the weekend along with the big stage in front of the hat. I hadn't been on Muppet Vision in awhile, so I headed back there. I caught the first show for the day, then I decided to go on Star Tours. After Star Tours, I headed back toward the main strip of the park. I noticed that they were filming something. I then noticed that the sign next to the stage said "Cold Pizza Broadcasting LIVE Thursday and Friday." Well, I went up to the stage since there was no one around and started watching.

Now before I continue let me say I am not a sport person what-so-ever, so I don't know who's who... or anything... so me and ESPN do NOT mix.

Well, I looked at the big screen above the stage and noticed I could see myself in the background. I read the sign again and all of a sudden, the light went on in my head... I was on ESPN!

I called my parents in Wisconsin and told them to turn on ESPN. They were just like, 'which one?' and once we got it squared away which channel, they started looking for me. I haven't seen my parents since just after Christmas, and apparently my dad needs to come visit me. I have blonde hair and I'm VERY pale. He was pointing to a lady with brown hair who was REALLY tan screaming "that's her! that's her!" Once my mom and I convinced him that no, it wasn't me, My mom finally found me.

However, my mom then spent the next 20 minutes yelling at me that I was not a) smiling enough b) moving fast enough or c) waving with the wrong hand. It's opposite when your on TV so I kept waving with the wrong hand. Not only that, but there was a 7-second delay, so when my mom would tell me to do something, I wouldn't do it for a LONG time after because they had already been feeling awhile. Well finally, I waved to her satisfaction and she was happy to see me. She hasn't seen me in a couple months, so she got a bit teary-eyed and told me I looked good. She was DVRing it, so I would watch it when I go home in a couple weeks.

Once we hung up, I started talking to the woman next to me. She was calling her son and telling him to turn on ESPN and then we talked a bit about the weekend. Her DH came up and they moved away after a bit. Well, later that night in the wonderful 9pm chat that DWT hosts, Jimminy Cricket and I realized that the DH was him! I was talking to his DW! So yes, I met a DWTer without even realizing it!

After the Cold Pizza taping, I just wandered through stores while waiting for Matt to call me. Matt is an old friend of mine and he is also one of the hosts of WDWToday or MGMStudios.org. He was arriving that morning, so we were going to meet for lunch. He called me while I also continued to wander around and then he met me for lunch. We went to the Flatbread Grill at the Backlot Express. It was delicious. I had a chicken Caesar wrap and Matt had a grilled chicken with rice plate. (Thanks for lunch Matt!) Then we went on Tower of Terror and Coaster... our tower picture was hilarious. Matt was waving and he didn't look entirely... straight... in the photo, which made us just laugh and laugh.

After we went on those rides, I wanted to head back to school because I had some homework to do. As we were walking out Matt was talking to his fiance over the phone as she was arriving later that night. We also stopped to say Hi to one of the street performers that Matt knows, Francis.

After that, I walked back to my car and went home!

That's it for that... thanks for all the comments so far!

Tonight I am heading to Pleasure Island and Earl of Sandwich with Brent, Amy, and Alan, and we are spending a full day in the parks tomorrow!

I will post the next saga as soon as I have time to though! Hopefully we'll win something!

- Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great trip report as always, Jeanne
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

I knew I should have watched Cold Pizza!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Great Report, i wish i could jump in my car and just go to Disney!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by NORMNB8S View Post
    I knew I should have watched Cold Pizza!
    Watch ESPN this weekend as I will be there all weekend. I think I have pictures in my gallery of me so you can figure out what I look like. It will be me and 3 other people though. Ah well!

Too bad you didn't watch it!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great report... I loved reading it so far... I can live through you! lol
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Thanks! hope that my trip is amusing.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

I've enjoyed it so far!

Okay I don't have time to post my report from Pleasure Island last night.

Just know that Hathaway Brown is one of the new loves of my life...

Kungaloosh!

I ran into Lou this morning at MGM!

We just came home to change because its cold and we decided to go on water rides... (yeah, I convinced 5 people to go! hee!) So now we're heading back into the parks for the evening...

Hopefully I'll post last night and today tonight when I get home!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast