Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss A Few Hours @ Downtown Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Howdy folks. Just arrived home from a weekend trip to Plant City, FL. On the way back home today, I decided we needed to go to Downtown Disney for some ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Cool A Few Hours @ Downtown Disney

Howdy folks.

Just arrived home from a weekend trip to Plant City, FL.

On the way back home today, I decided we needed to go to Downtown Disney for some shopping. WOW! DD was packed!!! I guess spring break is gearing up.

It was nice to be there, though. Haven't been to WDW since last November, so been having major withdrawal symptoms. It was a gorgeous day today in Orlando, and yesterday was not so nice, so that may have contributed to the crowds at DD today.

We got some good deals today. At WoD, there was a small area in the Men's shop with items 40% off! That doesn't happen too often, so picked up a couple of nice shirts and a duffle bag. I guess they were phasing out this particular type of logo merchandise. My dear wife bought me a Mickey watch! Since we spent more than $65 we also bought the framed pin set for $15...it is nice and was totally worth the money.

Although I was tempted to go to Raglan Road, just wasn't hungry and we needed to get back on the road to get home (180 miles south of WDW), so we left there around 3:30. Time to start planning our trip for the Flower & Garden Festival. I did pick up current park maps and times guides, so if you have any questions, let me know.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Maybe the crowds were for ESPN weekend.
    Sale! My favorite four-letter word. Good work.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The crowds were INSANE. I was at PI/Downtown Disney on Friday night and it was insane. I haven't seen it THAT packed in over a year. It was like wandering down mainstreet at closing with everyone attempting to get out at the exact same moment. It was horrible!

I do know there were a LOT of conferences at Disney this weekend. That had to do with half of the crowds because a lot of businesses had their conferences over ESPN the weekend so they could enjoy the parks too.

It's monday so it should be less crowded now!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea from the clips on sportscenter the parks looked crowded for ESPN the weekend. That could be what it was.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05