Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW trip report.... in the Vacation Planning forums; We started our week with Chef Mickey's breakfast and then at MGM and all of us had a great time. We had never caught either stunt show, but did this ...
    sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

WDW trip report....

We started our week with Chef Mickey's breakfast and then at MGM and all of us had a great time. We had never caught either stunt show, but did this time and they were great. We spent the day on rides, shows and characters signings ( I have a 7 yr old LOL ) We had dinner at the Sci-Fi and it was really great... what a cool place. We did not stay for Fantasmic, but we there almost till closing. The 2nd day we did Animal park, Breakfast in Dinoland and then on to the safari.... did not see as many animals as last year as we were almost the first ride out.... maybe they all hadn't gotten out to their spots yet. We did see the baby giraffe ( 4 months ) really cute. The ride is quicker than I remembered as the conversation the CM does has changed. Our driver drove so fast we hardly got any photos. Then we did the walking trails and all the rides and shows. about 6:30 we decided to eat before the park closed so we ate at the Flame tree... we were the last customer. Then we headed home. That night I and my husband got really sick ( food poisoning ) and were out of it for 36 hours. Thank goodness our daughter did not eat what we did or she would have been sick too! All she wanted was fries! I wrote to disney about this and I hope I get some response... this really should not have happened to us. it really ruined what was left of our vacation. Wed, was a bust as we could not even get out of bed. By thursday we still felt really crappy, but we had to reserved Character meals ( and being it was our daughter's Birthday week) we did not want to spoil it for her so we DRAGGED ourselves there, but my husband and I couldn't eat. We stayed for about an hour, but felt so sick we had to go home to rest. We managed to go back for the 5:00 dinner, but again no eating for us.... I think I tried to eat mashed potatos but that didn't work. Tasha, a fellow DWT member meet us there after her audition as she is a new cast member. We did a the Tiki room show , Stitch and the transit authority rides ( all sitting and no spinning ). We left soon after that.
    We made arrangements to meet again of friday at Epcot with the entire families so they could meet. We felt slightly better on Friday, and we went to our last scheduled CB at Ohanas and I managed to eat some fruit. Then we went to Epcot, spent the morning in Future world then the remainder on the World side. Tasha and her family met up with us as we all walked around and then stayed for the fireworks. I really wanted so much to enjoy this trip, but the food thing really put a damper on the whole trip.... we just had no energy to do all the things we wanted and it was a shame. I still love Disney and will go back every year, but I hope I never have an experience like this one again!!!!

Has anyone else ever gotten sick from the food there?
    Last edited by sdale1227; 03-20-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's too bad about the food poisoning, luckily we never had that problem at WDW. I hope you hear back from someone. But the good thing is your daughter had a good time celebrating her birthday and you got to meet a fellow DWTer. Let us know if you hear anything back from Disney about your complaint.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    WOW!!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

I sent a certified letter out today to Guest Services, I will let everyone know when I hear from them!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney

DisneyHippie is offline A-Ticket holder
    sorry to hear about the sickness, that is a bummer when on vacation, especially at such a magical spot to see and do so much.
    Peace, love, and lots of Disney to the rescue!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sorry to hear...I hope you feel better. Usually we all have at least one vacation that is bad. One summer I went on vacation and got sunburn really bad and I really didn't do anything else the rest of the trip. (I HATE Aloe Vera! lol)

P.S. It wasn't a Disney vacation.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

I'm feeling much better now, still kinda sad though about the vacation..... hopefully next year will be much better!

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My husband was sick twice on two separate trips. Each time it was after he had eaten at Chef Mickey's.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chef Mickey's and so does my son. We ate food there too and never got sick. Not sure why he did.

Last trip we decided to eat at ChefM's for bfast and no one was sick.

We feel emboldened now and will try ChefM's for dinner on our June 07 trip.

After seeing the cleanliness on the WDW cruise ships, we now carry around hand cleaner and use it constantly. It seems to have helped.

GoofTroop3 = Me + DH + DS(6)

"We're the GoofTroop and we'll always stick together..."

This was a first time for us, as I personally have visited 9 times and my family 5. Maybe it had something to do with them closing and we just got something left out, or reheated?????? Don't Know! We have pretty much eaten everywhere there including the hotels and have had no problem. It's just a shame it happened early in the week and spoiled the rest of the vacation. I'm more upset it kind of spoiled my daughters week, as she didn't most fo the things we planned to!