Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss The Voyage-Part Two in the Vacation Planning forums; Link to part one... http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...0900#post20900 We made it! Look for my nephew in the background, by the time we got to SOG, Mom had had enough of the skateboard. Otto ...
    tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

The Voyage-Part Two

Link to part one...
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...0900#post20900

We made it!

Look for my nephew in the background, by the time we got to SOG, Mom had had enough of the skateboard. Otto had to put it away for most of the rest of the trip…

AJ & Britt, Happy to be here!

Otto, Chuck, Tom & Britt

When I got out of the car, I kept hearing a black bird but couldn’t find him…
    look below to see why

I could hear him, but couldn’t quite see him

About 4pm we arrive at Shades of Green for check in…

We let bell services take our luggage and parked on the 2nd floor of the garage…
    we then took the elevators up to our real room-
    we were told 2nd floor and the suites are on the 4th floor :eek:

Gateway to SOG

The front view of SOG

The back view of SOG.

If you look really close, my hubby’s on our balcony.

The Lobby is all decorated for Christmas

There’s a runway down to the elevators

These hallways are loooooong! We have to walk this length 4 times to get to our room!

This is the view of the courtyard on the way to our room

The entry hallway into the suite

This is where the front closet, the safe, a sink & refrigerator and storage cabinets are…but alas, no microwave. The guys eventually went to the store and got fruit, snacks, water, soda & beer. We used the fridge and our cooler for our refrigerated items. It worked well considering it kept Britt’s chocolate milk cold for 2 days at a time.

And our view of the golf course from our balcony…

The living room

Both couches pull out and there is a “Murphy Bed” in the wall to the right

Mom and Britt have the bedroom

The bed in their room

Their bathroom

There are actually 2 bathrooms. Each has a double sink area and a separate tub & commode area. Both have marble counter tops and wrought iron light fixtures. I had recently stayed at the Grand Floridian with a friend and could easily compare the suite the GF rooms.

The guys made themselves right at home

We have reservations at the Ohana’s at the Polynesian for dinner so shortly after we arrive we’re off to Ohana’s! We actually arrived about 30 minutes early, so we wandered the shops and checked out the courtyard.

Tom and Chuck do the Mickey Mouse club pose

The kids being as patient as possible

Our reservation was for 7 and we were seated right on time!

First they take you by the oak firepit

Our servers were a lot of fun

Dinner was excellent!

Gloria Estefan came in before we finished, Mom was the only one brave enough to go meet her!

After dinner we went out back to see if we could see MK’s Firworks

The kids were a little hyped up

The dragon from the electric parade

It was actually chilly that first night…we saw the light parade and headed back to the room for some much needed rest.

Next up: To Universal!
    Last edited by tiggerwannabe; 12-28-2004 at 07:17 PM.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Browneyedgirl73 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When was the last time you stayed at the Shades Of Green? We are going in July and staying there. How was your experience.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 3, 2005 3:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=teal>Countdown to our WDW Vacation</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = '';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Hi!

~and Welcome~

My family last stayed at SOG December 2004. My Mom and kids will be there again, in late July.

My Mom is our sponsor, she loves the place!
    °O° cj/nj °O°

Red face

We are very excited about going.

I was just curious of how many other members of the forum have been there and what their thoughts on the place was. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. That was right after they reopened it when you went. How are the restaurants there are they pretty good?
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 3, 2005 3:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=teal>Countdown to our WDW Vacation</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = '';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

The main dining room offers a breakfast and dinner buffet

Very reasonabley priced.

We had lunch at the "Evergreen," which IMO is a small pub by the pool. The offer wraps & pizza & burgers. It is also the arcade.

SOG has an upscale restaurant that's open for dinner, we did not eat there. It looks very pretty and very Italian.

Any questions you have, just ask

Have you been to the SOG website?
    °O° cj/nj °O°

Red face

Yes actually i have been to the website. But i just wanted to get a personal opinion from someone. Thanks for the tip

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyedgirl73
    Yes actually i have been to the website. But i just wanted to get a personal opinion from someone. Thanks for the tip
    You are very welcome!

I just wanted to make sure you saw it.
    °O° cj/nj °O°