Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip in the Vacation Planning forums; So far, so good!!!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    So far, so good!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If I'm picturing where you were standing for Wishes, it's the same place we watched it from last October. It's a cool spot if you don't mind not seeing the front of the castle. Glad you made it out of the dealership. Can't wait for the next installment.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

What's on the agenda for today?

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm busting a gut waiting for the next installment. You two are too funny.
    They call me "Nana"

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Love it! I'm so glad you two are having fun. I can't wait for the next update!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, just to make me even more jealous that I couldn't go, I just got off the phone with Lindsay with a great report!!!
    They moved resorts today, over to Pop Century. I think they might be labeled as troublemakers since they are in the very back of the 50's!!!
    So, they got to MGM a little later than opening and had reservations at SciFi, so they didn't want to do anything big or wait in lines. So they went to the Narnia exhibit. Well, they saw the dream team there and yes, as they rounded the corner, everyone in line was given a Dream Fastpass!!! She said that was great since the lines were pretty long - like almost an hour for Aerosmith. They are still working on reforming the line there for the single riders line!!
    The longest line they came upon was the line for beer - go figure! Oh, and the girl chipmunk friend to Chip and Dale - her line was over 200 people long!

They also had a chance to check out the new HS Musical Pep Rally and I quote "It is awesomely BAD!" So make sure to check it out for a good laugh and a half!

Tonight they are heading to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and looking around. No plans to eat anywhere, just eat whereever whenever.
    Tomorrow they are headed to Epcot and lunch at ALFREDOS!!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Cool.... I think i will call her tonight, to see what she's doing????

Linds, when you go to Animal Kingdom, well, if you do, but knowing you, i'm expecting you to... Tell POCAHONTAS that Gae and I said hi. Did you know, that is one of her FAVORITE movies....

RIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEE OR DIEEEEEEEEEE BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Hi Guys! Just thought i'd give a quick update!

I totally forgot to add this to my trip report from the drive down - but on the way down here, we saw a Dodge Charger that was completely blinged it on. It had tiny little jewels stuck ALL over it - it made us laugh!

Today, Lara gave you guys pretty much the run down. THe dream fastpass was great - we went on everything, and it came in handy for the shows there too because we were guaranteed seats in them.

The High School Musical Pep Rally was definately Awesomely bad!! We watched it while in line for Min and Bill's Dockside Diner - Christina wanted Frozen Lemonade. Then man in front of us was waiting for some beer - and it was one of the only places near by to get it so the line was freakishly long. He was pretty entertaining and fun to talk to so it helped the line move faster. Well, the choreography for the show is "entertaining", it's worth watching once - just kinda funny.

We did wander around Downtown Disney for a little - did a tiny bit of shopping. And came back to Pop Century and had dinner here. We're making it an early night tonight since we're both kinda beat.

We didn't see any really good people safari candidates today, but did run into some interesting people. Once we were seated at Indiana Jones, this group of people sat in front of us. It was three adults, and a teenager that obviously didn't want to be there, and two young children. They were trying to decide where to go next. They were apparently heading to the Magic Kingdom later that evening, because they kept talking about wanting to get rest before they went to Disney World. Just made me realize that some people only think that the Magic Kingdom is Disney World - little did they know, they were sitting in Disney World!

Just a sidenote - I finally got my Disney Crocs here!!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Which color did you get Lindsay?

I'm eyeing the pink/pearl ones...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I got the pink/pearl ones. For adults it was either that - or black/red (either way, black croc red strap or red croc black strap). I just wouldn't wear the red and black ones as often - so I went with pink!

I just felt I had to give an update, the kids in the bowling pin pool are really loud!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I am so glad you are having a good time!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Linds! So glad you and your ride or die chick are both having an awesome time....Tell Christina I said "wassup up chickie"

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MOREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great report so far Linds!! I hope you two ladies are having a blast!! Please keep on updating us so we can feel like we are there with you!!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Hi guys - got a few minutes for a quick check in - we went to Epcot this AM and had lunch at Alfredo's. It was SO good as usual. After that we went to Animal Kingdom for a few hours - and we're heading out to MGM now. I know it's not really exciting right now - but hang tight - when I get internet again I have lots of funny people stories - and fun updates of our day!
    Walt Disney

Hi Everyone!

Today we woke up bright and early and went to Epcot to get there before it opened. We went in and got a fast pass for Soarin (if you've never been part of the masses walking to Soarin when the park opens - it's really funny, you're kind of like a herd of cattle), the room to get fast passes was packed and the machines kept breaking so it made it a little tricky. Luckily the line I was in, the machine kept working for me! We got our fast passes and then went over and rode The Seas with Nemo and Friends. This ride is something that's fun to ride, and I enjoy it, but it's something that's definately geared towards little kids. We decided to skip out on turtle talk with Crush because it was going to be over 30 minutes to wait. We walked back to the other side and rode Mission Space (weenie version). I get vertigo, so it's a no go for the intense mission for me.

After Test Track, we hit the World Showcase. We went into the Mexico pavillion to see if we could see any changes to "El Rio Del Tiempo" yet, but everything was still walled off. After that - we passed by the Margarita stand and decided it looked good, and Christina's been wanting a margarita in the world showcase, so she got a lime one and I got a strawberry one. They were really good!! I highly recommend them! We kept wandering around the World Showcase, and ate at Alfredo's at noon. We had a great waitress, and the Alfredo was delicious as always. I don't know what was up with them, but the service was super speedy - we were out of there by 12:30. We kept walking around the World Showcase, and went to Japan and watched the drummers there. We decided to try and walk back to Test Track and ride it - but the single riders line was 40 minutes long so we decided to save that for Sunday. Funny people story alert - as we were walking out to the parking lot, there was a lady riding on the back of her husband's ECV - it was kinda funny to watch.

We decided to drive over to Animal Kingdom, it was a little scary pulling in because we had to park in the very last row - but the park wasn't nearly as bad as the parking lot suggested. We walked back to Everest and rode twice within 30 minutes using the single riders line, then walked over to Dinosaur. The line was about 30 minutes long - not bad at all. It was one of our more entertaining rides because the lady behind me didn't put her pocketbook into the bag you're supposed to. It flew out in the middle of the ride. She was freaking out - i'm not sure what they were going to do, but it definately added some exictement to the ride. We also rode primeval whirl, and I made the mistake of sitting on the outside and got smooshed into the wall. Animal Kingdom was closing early, and all of the shows had finished for the day - we went back to the hotel room for a little while just to freshen up.

Tonight, we went to MGM. Rode the Great Movie Ride, Rockin Rollercoaster, and Tower of Terror. Fantasmic was starting in just about 30 minutes, so we decided to walk in and see if we could get a seat. Since there is only two of us we got really good seats in the middle just a few rows back. The only problem is that it was really windy tonight, so we got kinda wet. I love this show - so to me it was still just as good. We did sit right behind this woman that was so much fun to sit next to. She was just so into the show, clapping - yelling for the characters. It just made me smile.

Now, the only downside - it appears that massive numbers of high school groups (mostly bands) have converged here in the Happiest Place on Earth. I was stuck in a bathroom once with what appeared to be some sort of high school sorority. I've never seen so many girls looking in a mirror at once, and fixing their hair and makeup in WDW (is there really a point), they all had on majorly high heels to walk around Disney MGM Studios (now that I just don't understand). There's also a drumline staying in our building, they practice outside in the little lawn a lot during the day.

So far, today is the only day were we've had some problems with crowds - and it's mostly been the unchaperoned school groups that don't really care. But so far we've had good luck with rides and not waiting too long! Hope you guys enjoy the trip report!!!
    Walt Disney

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast