Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip in the Vacation Planning forums; As long as the drumline only practices during the day.......
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    As long as the drumline only practices during the day....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Excellent stuff - Keep it coming!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

My call today told me that they spent all day at the MAgic Kingdom. They were heading back to the resort for some rest. And then back to the MK, it is open until Midnight.
    However, the place was PACKED!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Cool.... I think i will call her tonight, to see what she's doing????

Linds, when you go to Animal Kingdom, well, if you do, but knowing you, i'm expecting you to... Tell POCAHONTAS that Gae and I said hi. Did you know, that is one of her FAVORITE movies....

RIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEE OR DIEEEEEEEEEE BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think you are slightly delusional! lol

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I heard from the Dynamic Duo this afternoon! They updated me on what they had done and it sure made me want to be there with them! They have a cute story about some ducks but I'll wait to tell you---they may want to!

Hey Christina...on my way back from Austin I thought of you. In the middle of this field, there was a metal replica of the Loch Ness Monster! I wish I had a camera and if I hadn't been travelling with another car, I would have gone back and taken a picture of it for you! You both would have loved it!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Well, we just got home from the Magic Kingdom. We were the last rocket going through on Space Mountain, and one of the last 20 or so people out of the park. It was definately crowded today, but after Wishes! we got a lot of rides done because the lines were a lot shorter! I'm pretty sleepy and we need to pack to switch resorts tomorrow - but I promise more info later!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Cool - keep it all coming.

I'm looking forward to the duck story!!
    Rich

Ah - the duck story - i'll tell it really fast. We're packing up the room now and moving to the Dolphin.

It's not really a funny story - just really really cute.

We were walking from the lobby to our hotel room, and there was this Mommy duck on the path - and out of the bushes climbed 7 tiny little ducklings that just started following her around. It was soooooooooooooooooooo cute, all the tiny little furry duckings!!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

My last day of house/dog sitting. Sure wish I was with Lindsay and Christina!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great trip report. You know it's good when everyone that reads it wishes they were there too.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I got a day behind - but here's the run down for Saturday:

We got to the Magic Kingdom a little bit before 10, and spent some time shopping and wandering on Main Street because we wanted to see the 10:40 Dream Along With Mickey show. This was the first time i'd seen it with the new heads. I like the heads, because it feels more interactive - but the only downside is some of the pictures you'll take will have characters with their eyes closed in them.

After the show, we went and rode the Haunted Mansion (it's really had the shortest line for pretty much the whole trip) and of course it being tradition now - it stopped for a little while while we were on it. (I know the omnimovers stop a lot to let some people on, it's just a continuous theme with Christina and I). By now it's a little past 11:30, and we head into Fronteirland. We decide to grab a fast pass for Splash Mountain, and can't ride it until 2:35. We decide we're just going to sit and hang out until lunch. We really really wanted some nachos from El Pirata Y El Perico since they were actually going to be open for a few hours. But we get there and they only have three menu items: beef taco, vegetarian taco, and taco salad. When they make these all they give you is the shell and meat - even the salad only comes as meat. You have to go to the toppings bar there to make your food. So, we're kinda bummed - and go to eat burgers at Pecos Bill. To cheer us up a little we go get our Dole Whip Floats after. We eat them in line for Pirates. I've never - EVER - seen a line for Pirates that long, it was queued all the way outside the building. Told ya it was packed! After Pirates we went and got a fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain, it was for just after three. We decide to head back to Main Street and wander through the shops until close to three and then go ride both of the rides. I was VERY relieved we had a fast pass for both of these rides, Splash had a wait of over 90 minutes, and Big Thunder Mountain was close to that. The lines extended out of the entrances for both of the lines.

After Big Thunder, we went over to Tomorrowland and grabbed a fast pass for Space Mountain (the time wasn't for 5 hours later, 9:30 that night. We decided to wait in line for Buzz Lightyear, it was about 30 minutes not too bad. And I do have to point out that I beat Christina by 300000 points, she had 405000 to my 703000ish points. It was definately a good ride for me!! We then went and saw the new Laugh Floor Comedy Club, since it was a passholder preview weekend we didn't have to wait in line at all - just walked in. I think they did a great job with the queue area of this ride, there are a lot of cute signs. I'll post some pics when I get home. When we got off we rode the TTA (I absolutely LOVE this ride) and then Christina ate her first Turkey Leg. Her verdict: they smell better than they taste, she didn't even come close to finishing it and was stuffed for a long time after.

Once Chris finished her meal, we decided to head back to the hotel for just a few minutes to freshen up. We got back to the park about 8:30 that night, and got a great spot in the rose garden to watch Wishes. We stood next to this family, and talked to them for the whole 30 minutes leading up to they show. We were almost like tour guides telling them things to do. The little girl with them was so cute, she just kept saying things like "you sure know a lot about this place". It made time go by a lot faster. After Wishes we went to use our fast passes for Space Mountain but realized we left them back at the hotel. We went back to Pirates, and there was no line this time. Hit the Haunted Mansion again. We decided to have a funnel cake as a snack. Rode Snow White's Scary Adventures, only about a 20 minute wait.

After that we went back into tomorrowland. We decided to try the Laugh Floor again to see what would be different. A lot of the jokes were the same, but there's also a lot of improv in there that changes each time. I know a lot of people haven't liked this attraction, but for me - I enjoyed it. It's something worth seeing, and even though the jokes are kinda corny - they're still funny. It was getting close to park closing, so we went to get in line for Space Mountain. The line moved a lot faster than we thought, and ended up being able to ride it again. The second time we were the next to last people in line, and the next to last rocket to go through. Soooooo when we got off the ride - the park was EMPTY. We took SO many pictures, had lots of pictures taken on Main Street with no people, and even had our own private photo shoot in front of the train station. We took an empty monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation Center, and got on a tram. Since the park had been closed for so long - there weren't many people on the tram. But one more monorail came through and everyone from that monorail decided to sit in the few rows around us. I'm not sure why - there was a WHOLE empty tram, except for 4 rows that were full.

We got to our parking area - Pluto - and there were only two cars left in it. My car looked so lonely! We went back to the room and pretty much crashed, it was a long busy day.

Make sure you stay tuned - i've been keeping notes of all the funny things i've seen here and will add them in at the end of my report!!! Even though I haven't written about Sunday yet, I will. But we head home tomorrow afternoon, so i'll write it there!! Hope everyone's having a great day!
    Walt Disney

I'm glad you're having a great time...

Every time I read a trip report, I so want to be back at WDW!!
    Rich

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've never stayed at the parks that late. It sounds really cool and yet spooky.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sorry I didn't answer the phone - it was upstairs while I was downstairs - ugh!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great trip report Linds!! I can not wait for the funny details yet to come!!! I really miss WDW right now! hehehe
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast