Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Awesome report again Linds! I can't wait to see the pictures!...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Awesome report again Linds! I can't wait to see the pictures!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Great Report! the DH is wanting to postpone our trip til next Spring and now I can tell him---no- too crowded! hehe

Wonderful hearing how fun it can be late at night.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sounds like a great trip guys! :-) Hopefully we can meet up next time your in town!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I forgot to mention that on Saturday night when we got back to the park - it was so busy they had opened up behind main street on the right side - and were letting people walk through that way!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Ok, Sunday

We had kind of a relaxing day, slept until 8:30 then got up and packed our room. We left Pop Century after filling up our mugs one more time and checked into the Dolphin. The Dolphin is very nice, and the beds are incredibly comfy - but the layout of the hotel is kinda confusing. Also, there's not a real cafeteria area, so no refillable mugs or anything - there's also no vending machines. The only options are the real restaurants and the mini bar. We decided to bring some snacks back with us, since a bottle of water was 3.50 and snacks were just as much.

After we checked in - we took the boat over to Epcot. We realized that we could've walked there a lot faster since we had to stop at both the Boardwalk and the Beach/Yacht Club. We walked up to Future World because Christina really wanted some Disney Crocs, we had been looking for her size/color for over a day now. She finally found them at Mouse Gear. She did get the same color as me, but I allowed it if she makes sure i'm not wearing mine first. We went to Club Cool to get something to drink because we were getting thirsty, we each had two little cups (one Mezzo Mix and one of the Chinese Coke). We then went to the tip board in Future World - and all of the lines were over an hour, so we decided to wander around the World Showcase some. We decided to stop in Mexico and have a Margarita. We then realized that it was the second time this trip we had been drinking before noon - that's ok when you're on vacation right? Later that day, when we both felt kinda icky - about 6 that evening - we realized that maybe we should've had some water since none of us had had any to drink all day. Soooo, if you're going to have a Margarita that early, make sure you have at least some water first.

We walked around - not really doing much, just looking in shops and looking at the decorations in each country. Christina had her own Magical Moment in the United Kingdom pavillion by answering all the questions on the Beatles Quiz they had there correctly! We kept walking and got to our reservations at Le Cellier, there was a long wait - so a couple of the hostesses were playing Who Am I with all the people waiting. Christina and I were the only ones really asking questions - and I asked "Are you Human?" they answered yes. The answer - someone else answered was Ariel, so I argue that she's not technically a human most of the time, they didn't like me questioning that. Oh well. Lunch was SO good - I loved the soup, and the filet mignon was delicious. I'm DEFiNATLEY eating there again.

After lunch, we decided to go back to the hotel to take a little nap, and maybe swim. We decided not to swim because the pool was packed!! We took a short nap and went back to Epcot around 5:30. We happened to see Off Kilter for a little while we walked by. We had dinner at the counter service place in Mexico - some nachos and churros. We walked to Future World and the lines were still rediciulously long - so we rode Spaceship Earth - only about a 10 minute wait and then monorailed it to the Magic Kingdom. I'll add what we did that night on my next post!
    Last edited by seriouslydw; 04-02-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Later that day, when we both felt kinda icky - about 6 that evening - we realized that maybe we should've had some water since none of us had had any to drink all day.
    I have had that happen to me to . What I did was get some watermelon juice from the catina in Mexico (when they carried it) it worked wonders. It is also a good idea to stay away from caffienated drinks.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Ah - Sunday night at the Magic Kingdom. There were about 203948323456 people in the Magic Kingdom when we got there around 7. We went into the Emporium and got some of the little decorations to put in your crocs. I got some Mickey Hands, Mickey Ears, the Castle, Eeyore, and a Pirate Flag. Christina got Stitch, Mickey ears, and a Mickey head. We wandered through the castle since we could and walked through fantasyland. I've never seen quite a sea of people before. The line for It's a small world was wrapped through the entire queue area, some roped areas outside, then outside to the Haunted Mansion entrance. yes, I really did say It's a Small World. The Dumbo line was pretty much just as bad - wrapped through the entire queue - and about 100 feet past that. I've never, EVER, seen fantasyland that packed before. It was about 8 by this time so we decided to grab a seat for Spectromagic. We sat on that little stone wall outside Pecos Bill's. Things on this trip report are about to get very interesting for y'all. Since we had some time we decided to keep notes on all the fun things we saw or were thinking. I decided to measure the time between Splash Mountain Logs, here were my findings for 10 logs: (all times in seconds)

These times were measured starting at 8:07 PM. I'll find the average time later.

8:20 - we buy a notebook to write this stuff in

8:45 - I think i've seen about 75 marching bands come through the Magic Kingdom this week. They should have to play Disney Music, I shouldn't be hearing a marching band in the Magic Kingdom playing Smoke on the Water, and having it make me want to play guitar hero. This band is really small too, only about 30 people.

8:50 - i'm estimating about 5000 pairs of Disney Crocs are sold in the theme parks daily, every peg we see has been completely ransacked - it took Chris two days to find a pair she wanted.

8:52 - this band is playing Disney Music - they rock

8:54 - piccolos are very tiny

8:55 - no one in a marching band smiles

8:57 - kids in heeleys can get very annoying, it makes Christina want to reenact the stick scene from Big Daddy

8:57 - this marching band has two majorettes with glowing batons - very spectromagicish. This band is also much happier and smilier, they're playing Whistle while you Work

9:00 - apparently someone is injured accross the street

9:02 - I wish I had a blackberry for this

9:03 - should've purchased notebook sooner, will remember to bring with me in June

9:03 - injured person is brought a wheechair. I'm not sure what happened but she's smiling - and just put some children on her lap to ride with her. I think she's ok

9:04 - I wonder if there's another marching band coming

9:05 - this could be fun to do in June, are y'all getting annoyed yet, or laughing at me? What do you think of video updates??

9:06 - the boy next to me is very involved in his game boy (and I have to add that he didn't even stop playing when the parade came, kinda sad)

9:08 - we can't decide how far away the Diamond Horseshoe is from the main entrance of Pecos Bill's. I say 400 feet Christina says more - anyone have a guess??????

9:09 - the street is roped off for the parade, and very few people are coming through, a few ECVs came by and Christina wants to see them do doughnuts in the street

9:11 - I must be channeling Gae, I feel like i'm writing the Random Thoughts thread

9:12 - The Jungle Cruise has now been deemed "the safari ride' by the woman behind me

9:12 - i'm glad i'm not in High School anymore

9:13 - We just realized we need EMH wristbands

9:13 - apparently the parade will be here in 10 minutes

9:14 - Splash Mountain is yelling at me to stay seated in my log, i'm not even on the ride

9:15 - which princess wears a red dress?

9:16 - a family just walked by with 8 children, 4 in strollers and two more leashed, two walking. All in pale yellow polos - very cute.

9:18 - 5 more minutes

9:23 - parade is here - catch ya later!! (One of the dragonflys actually shook my hand during the parade)

After the parade - we rode Pirates with virtually no line, Big Thunder with about a 30 minute wait, Mickey's Philharmagic with about 10 mintue wait. We then went to the confectionary to grab some snacks to take back to the hotel with us to avoid the rediculous mini bar fees.

We were going to stay until three AM, but some of you may know I had back surgery a few years ago - and I have somehow injured my back. It flared up pretty bad there and I couldn't stand up straight anymore. So basically we had to leave before I couldn't walk anymore. It was ok though - because I think the park was going to be very crowded very late.
    Walt Disney

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'm loving reading these, makes me wanna go back sooooooo bad! Glad to hear you're having fun!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    FUN FUN FUN!
    So glad you got the book to write in.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

9:11 - I must be channeling Gae, I feel like i'm writing the Random Thoughts thread

Yeah! You thought of me!

This is hilarious! I wish I had been there to help keep the conversation going!

Bummer about your back though.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Love it! Now I wanna see some pictures....

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    This is so much fun to read!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I loved loved loved the log book.. That was soooo funny!! Thanks for the great updates Linds
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

You are too funny. Great read...can't wait til June!

Monday, our last day

We slept a little later, and got up at nine. We packed up our room - took our stuff to the car and drove to Epcot. (I know we could've walked but we wanted to leave right from Epcot and it just made things easier) We walked in and saw that the park was PACKED. The cast memebers were being so grouchy with guests, even yelling at them. I understand it can be frustrating working with people that don't read signs or instructions because I do it everyday, but geez - don't yell at them. We walked back to the Mexico pavillion to ride the new ride, we were nervous because the maps still had El Rio Del Tiempo written on them, and the times guides still said El Rio Del Tiempo is closed for refurbishment and will reopen as the Grand Fiesta Tour in early April. Once we get in the pavillion, we see that the construction walls are still up. We were way bummed because we really wanted to ride it and all the info said it would be open April 2nd. Once we rode it - we took some pictures, did our last bit of shopping at Mouse Gear and went to head out. Just to let you know a little about how busy it was - the stroller parking for Soarin was all the way down the ramp on both sides, backed up outside the ramps all the way to innoventions. The Test Track and Mission Space lines both extended at least 200 feet outside the door. And the line for Spaceship Earth, yes Spaceship Earth was wrapped through the entire metal queueing on both sides and outside it in roped off areas back to the pin station behind it. This is the first time i've ever been in Epcot and not gone on SSE. We went back to our car and left.

We drove back to Pop Century and got some Mickey Rice Krispie treats to take home, then went to McDonalds on our way out for lunch. We drove by blizzard beach and saw on the sign that it was closed to capacity - fun! We took the new toll road from WDW back to the turnpike and I really like it, no I-4 traffic. Once we got to the first toll booth on the Florida Turnpike - we saw a lot of traffic heading South. We counted a 5 mile backup at the one toll station. We started our drive around 1 - and here's the rundown. I feel like my trip to WDW and back is one giant construction zone and you'll see why.

3:18 - man is driving 4 wheeler down 75 with an extra tank of gas

3:20 - 2 men on 4 wheelers picking up trash on both sides of 75

3:22 - we're back in GA

3:25 - listening to Podcasts make the time go by faster . . . . . THANKS LOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:26 - we're trying to figure out the where in the world have you heard that contest

3:33 - road work in 1500 feet, but hits winshield, and a policeman is being sneaky trying to catch speeders

3:35 - Roadwork in 1500 feet, for the next 34 miles. Speed limit drops to 60, no construction workers in sight.

3:36 - Speed limit drops to 50, still no construction workers in sight. We think they might be in WDW since everyone else is there.

3:37 - Speed limit back up to 60, and we count 9 construction workers. (just so you know, that's all we saw the whole 34 mile zone, 9 workers)

3:40 - driving 60 on the interstate feels very slow

3:41 - there are 9 trucks in line for the Weigh Station

3:42 - 34 miles is a long time for a construction zone, shouldn't they do this in segments

3:43 - Off Kilter Rocks

3:44 - still 23 miles to go in this construction zone

3:46 - actual work is being done . . . . on the other side of the interstate

3:47 - speed limit back down to 50, and actual work is being done . . . . . on the other side of the interstate

3:51 - more work done on southbound I-75

3:56 - more of the same

3:59 - work is actually being done on our side of the road!!!!!

4:00 - we've passed about a billion cows since leaving WDW, maybe next time Christina will keep a running tally

4:01 - We need more drinks soon

4:06 - END OF ROADWORK

4:21 - Road work in two miles, for the next 14 miles

4:23 - apparently they lied, roadwork next 30 miles

4:25 - Chip and Dale party mix makes for a great traveling snack

4:29 - roadwork is actually being done

4:33 - the beast (aka my car) needs refeuling

4:45 - when a gas stations card reader and screen are over 6 feet high it's very hard for most people to read. They should place a step stool next to the pump. (By the way - I was in the bathroom here with this family, a very gross bathroom, and they didn't wash their hands!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!)

4:57 - roadwork next 10 miles

5:05 - this roadwork zone ends, we're not sure what was going on - because we didn't see as much as a traffic cone here

5:07 - we see a sign for the Big Pig Jig BBQ Cookout competition, gotta love GA

5:08 - roadwork one mile

5:10 - roadwork ends, at least it was a short section - again, not sure what's being done though

5:25 - roadwork begins

5:26 - roadwork ends (what's up with that)

5:42 - roadwork one mile

5:48 - man is seen walking down the side in a chef costume . . . weird

5:52 - ROAD WORK ONE MILE - SERIOUSLY

5:54 - end road work

5:55 - the car next to us must be very stinky, they have two airfresheners hanging from the mirror

6:19 - Road work in 1500 feet - THIS IS WAY OLD

6:21 - end road work, still not sure what was going on as there was no evidence of construction, the only thing it accomplished was making us slow down for those minutes

6:36 - rain begins - WASH THE BUGS OFF MY CAR PLEASE

6:38 - rain ends, oh well, my car is still buggy

6:51 - we see the Atlanta Skyline

7:15 - Road work, again, outside Christina's neighborhood

And that concludes my trip report - I will have one more post at least with some travelling tips we learned on this trip.
    Walt Disney

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast