Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Fun Tidbits: We had a magical moment in the seas. I beat Christina in tic tac nemo and got a certificate. There was some of the new Flower and Garden ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Fun Tidbits:

We had a magical moment in the seas. I beat Christina in tic tac nemo and got a certificate.

There was some of the new Flower and Garden festival stuff out, so we got to see some new topiaries. I'm excited to go back in May and see everything.

When entering the world showcase from the international gateway, there was a man behind us that flagged down a security guard and asked how to find the Nascar Racing Ride (we're assuming he wanted Test Track).

When we were on the monorail, going over the little pathway between the seven seas lagoon and bay lake - the man in our car asked if these lakes were part of Walt Disney World, or if they were in the coastal waterways system. seriously.

A group of teenagers yelling WE'RE IN ITALY - as they walked into France, complete with the Eiffel Tower

While riding the TTA - the family in front of us, the little girl was wearing her underwear - yes underwear. And the man picked his nose throughout the entire ride- GROSS

We also learned, do NOT drink a margarita as your first beverage of the day

I also learned that people somehow think i'm transparent. I AM NOT! I am not a figment of your imagination, a ghost from the haunted mansion, a piece of Disney magic, or mist. You cannot walk through me, If you try - it will just make me fall down.

We saw a girl in line for Tower of Terror that was wearing a t-shirt that said "Finding Nemo The Musical is my anti-drug". I have not seen the show, and cannot verify if this could be true.

Traveling tips:

1. When traveling on a bus or monorail, it is not necessary (unless you're telling a really funny story) to talk loud enough to the entire population of WDW can hear you.

2. Also when on a bus where people are being forced to stand, you should not take up an additional seat just for your feet. (you know those seats that face backwards, so four seats face eachother. Two people took up those entire 8 seats - and people were standing on the bus)

3. It is not wise to trample your own child then blame the people behind you, that person saw what happened. (This lady waiting on the tram, tripped her own child, and yelled at the people behind her that pushed her. Another person in her travel party pointed out that the child tripped over the yelling lady)

4. It is not wise to jump from the boat to the dock before the boat has actually docked and secured

5. If there are already two open strollers in the monorail compartment, a third is probably not going to fit.

6. Shoving people forward in line is not going to make you get on the ride faster, there's still the same number of people in front of you.

If I think of more, i'll add them here!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You are going back in MAy? Oh, the end of May, right?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Yes - I arrive May 31st
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post

We also learned, do NOT drink a margarita as your first beverage of the day
    Yeah, apparently margaritas are NOT the breakfast of champions...in case any of you had any doubts.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Thanks for the reports - Great fun to read!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Good report. I'm hoping the parks are not as crowded when I get there.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great report. I was in WDW March 10th to the 15th, it was our 5th trip in March and this was by far the busiest it has been on any of our visits. Oh, and by the way I'm very jealous of you being only about 7 hours from WDW. That would be just about the right amount of travel time for us. My wife grew up in New England and it takes just about 7 hours for us to drive to her home town from Delaware. 16 hours in one day just seems a little much. lol.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great report Linds..What fun you girls had.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

FairyWitch is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much for this! We're going at the same time next year (Mar 28-Apr-11) and we'll be staying at the Dolphin...all 10 of us. My parents in law decided to treat both thier and daughter-in-laws (me being one) and the 4 grandkids. It should be fun and we're all really looking forward to it!

Julie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345