Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip in the Vacation Planning forums; So, a little over a week ago - we realized that we both had this weekend off. So with some small strings pulled, we extended it a little and deicded ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!

Lindsay and Christina's thrown together trip

So, a little over a week ago - we realized that we both had this weekend off. So with some small strings pulled, we extended it a little and deicded to make a short tip to WDW!!! We were supposed to go Thursday-Monday. My car needs it's 30000 mile tune up, so I made the appointment for first thing Wednesday morning. Sooooooooo, we figure out we can leave on Wednesday, so we add a night to our reservation. Thing is, I can't move my car appointment, and it really needs the service before we drive down there. So that's the start of my trip report. We got here bright and early - 2 hours ago to be exact. Apparently even though the service center opens at seven, THEY DON'T START WORKING ON CARS UNTIL 8! What's up with that?

As for waiting in the service center, we have seen some interesting people. One lady has been VERY upset on the phone with her work because the shuttle was running 5 minutes late or something. I would hate to work for her, because she made me tense and nervous just hearing her on the phone. Thank goodness the shuttle came for her. There was another guy that REALLY enjoyed the complimentary doughnut breakfast they have here. It's funny because i'm sitting right here next to the doughnuts - and he just kept walking over here and eating them. Weird thing is - he never used the tongs sitting on top of the doughnut container, GROSS!!! Christina thinks I should've started charging him a dollar per doughnut to pay for some food in WDW! There was also a man that was probably about 40 years old reading the children's Bible story book. I guess the magazines aren't interesting enough. Right now, we're stuck watching Regis and Kelly, and they're talking about Saliva - don't ask me why.

So far, that's my trip report for today. I'm expecting my car to be finished in about 30 minutes and we'll be on the road. SInce our trip was kinda short notice - we're staying at Coronado Springs tonight, Pop Century on Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. Then moving to the Swan on Sunday night (got a free night with some hotel points!) Hopefully my car will be done soon, and we're going head to the Magic Kingdom when we get there since it's open latest tonight (without EMH)

I hope everyone else has a great day!! Talk to ya soon!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

UPDATE: People are now sleeping in the waiting room, I wonder how long they've been here
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Ok, so we're still in the waiting room - but all the exciting people have left
    Walt Disney

So this is going to be the longest trip report ever before a trip actually starts, but I just thought i'd let everyone know that i'm still sitting here waiting at the car dealership. It feels like i've been here forever because i'm just ready to get on the road and go. There's not even anymore entertaining people here in the waiting room to keep us entertained anymore. There is a man buffing the floor out in the enterance area - Christina finds it very entertaining. I think we're starting to lose it here. Hopefully it will be ready soon!
    Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I hope you get onto the road soon. Tell Christina to go to the potty while y'all are there!!!
    Remember to call me!!! Gosh, I wish I was going with y'all!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sounds like an interesting start to your trip Linds. Don't you love people watching? You always see something interesting. Can't wait for more of your report!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    So far, so good.....

I'm looking forward to reading more!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Enjoy people watching! :-) Have a great trip!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This trip report gave me a laugh so far, thanks and have fun you two!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My attorney won't let me go to Disney anymore, he almost had a coronary when he found out we had gone a few times after the accident, the problem back then was I hadn't gotten a wheelchair yet and it really did me in, so I ended up spending most of the time at the resort anyway, which is fun too though. He would not even let me go stay on property when we had our depositions on Disney property, he grudgingly allowed me to get a room in the downtown Disney hotels. Thank God we have a trial date in August so this is almost over.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I thought sitting in an airport was annoying, but having to wait for the car to be serviced is way worse than that.
    Are we there yet?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    When I called Lindsay at 12:00, they were on the road. So I do know they did get out of the car dealership! She was telling me about Donut man. i guess People Safari sort of started early, in a way. I bet Christina has a good time watching the guy clean the floors. I probably would have gone over and bugged him. Then maybe their car would have been fixed sooner.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Guys!! The Magic Kingdom closed about two hours ago - and we hung around taking pictures as long as they'd let us. It was a fun day, so i'll start from the beginning.

My car did get finished just after 10, so we hit the road! We arrived in WDW a little before five despite some construction traffic. I really think that it's one continuous construction zone between Atlanta and Orlando. We Checked in to our first resort, Coronado Springs - and were put in a Casita. We love the rooms, and the whole resort is beautiful!! I've heard a lot of people that don't like it here - but we've found it to be great!! Our room is clean, it's really big, and in a great location. Too bad we're only here for one night. We move to Pop Century tomorrow.

Once we got our stuff settled in the room, we went to the Magic Kingdom and renewed our Annual Passes. We went inside, and low and behold - I see one of my favorite cast members. You guys are going to think i'm crazy. But this same man has been working at the Main Street Popcorn station for as long as I can remember. His name is Quong, and it's just cool to see him there everytime I go. We are really hungry by this point, so we go to Columbia Harbor house and have some dinner. Here is where the People Safari truly begins for Gae Lynn. We were upstairs looking out a window, and this person walked by in a bright teal t-shirt over some overalls. But these weren't any overalls, it really looked like she had taken every piece of scrap fabric she's ever collected and sewn them into overalls. It was very interesting looking.

After dinner, we went and rode the Haunted Mansion. Now, any of you who have read my trip report from September will notice a theme. This was our first ride - AND WE BROKE IT!!! SERIOUSLY!! After HM, we walked over to Adventureland and watched the TIki Birds. Then over to Pirates, on this ride - we were seated with another couple. They decided they wanted to sit in the middle of the boat - so Christina were kind of wedged into the side there. It was slightly uncomfortable. After Pirates - we went and caught a seat for Spectromagic. We weren't expecting to watch this since the parade started at 8 and we walked out of Pirates at 8:10, but there were plenty of areas right at the rope to stand, so we decided to just watch. After spectromagic we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion again since there was no line, this time when we got to the graveyard in the waiting area. There was a maintenance man climbing over the fence, and there was another in the woods with a flashlight looking around. I'm not sure what they were doing but it was odd.

When we left the HM, wishes had already started - so we walked right to where the fantasyland stroller parking area is and watched from there, it was interesting because fireworks are going on in front of and behind you.

I feel like this is getting long, so i'll continue on another post.
    Walt Disney

I'm jealous, but happy for you guys! I'll probably be gone before you finish posting part 2 so I'll read it in the morning! Night Linds and Christina!

Ok, after Wishes we watched Mickey's Philharmagic. I know i've said this before but I LOVE this show! It's very entertaining and the stuff they spray smells REALLY good. We wandered over to Tomorrowland, and since it was getting close to closing time we got in line for Space Mountain. There were only a few people that got in behind us, so when we got off the ride - the park was emptying out. We spent an hour wandering around just taking pictures while the park was empty, which I had never really gotten to do before. It was great - and i'll post the pics when I get home.

By the time we walked out to the bus station, there weren't that many people there so we were just waiting for our bus by ourselves. The transportation man asked the Wilderness Lodge bus driver if he'd take us back since no one was on his bus. We had a nice quiet bus to ourselves. To bad it wasn't a more luxurious vehicle. But we did have a great Bus driver. He'd been working at WDW since 1981, and started driving buses in 1996. He shared some funny stories about driving people home (or to their resorts, whatever) after Pleasure Island closes at 2 AM. Now THAT sounds like a fun bus to be on!!

All in all, for only being in the park for 4 hours when it was open, it was a great day!! We had a lot of fun, and I hope you guys enjoy the trip report!!!
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast