Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip to the World in Pictures in the Vacation Planning forums; Well....I've been waiting for a Saturday to post this for awhile and I figured, eh, only one 35 page report due this Monday, so here's my chance. First off, I'm ...
    StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Trip to the World in Pictures

Well....I've been waiting for a Saturday to post this for awhile and I figured, eh, only one 35 page report due this Monday, so here's my chance. First off, I'm fairly new to this site but absolutely love it as I have found Disney nuts as crazy as myself. I go to the Medical University in Ohio so any chance I get to remove myself from the reality of blood and guts and all that other fun jazz I deal with is a much appreciated break. My grandmother is a snowbird in Florida about 20 minutes away from Disney in Polk City so when I go on my annual spring break trip she's happy to have the company. Now yes, I love my grandmother very much, altho she can be rather insane at times. This year, I took my boyfriend Adam on the trip who had never been, yes you guessed it, on a plane or to the Most Magical Place on Earth, so watching his face throughout our trip was a real treat. Now back to grandma, yes, I think if she told poor, sweet, selfless Adam one more time that we wanted to head West towards Tampa and not East towards Orlando on 4 to go home, he would have reached around the seat and popped her one. Anyhow, this is my recount of a wonderful trip, and I hope you enjoy. I'll have to post in segments, so hang with me.
    My Spring Break fell on March 5-9 this year, which of course meant I needed to maximize my Florida time from March 3-11th. Adam's spring break fell a week before mine so he graciously made the sacrifice and decided to come along on my break ( such a tough decision) Needless to say, by the time he decided he couldn't stand to hear me talk about the trip any longer and decided to go as well, my tickets were up in the 200-bucks-a-way range. He ended up getting a different flight, one that left out on Friday the 2nd in the evening. Now everyone may be wondering how this worked out since I didn't leave until the next morning, Saturday on the 3rd. O yes, yes, yes, poor Adam spent the evening with good ol' Grandma. It was probably the most enduring challenge of the relationship up until this point. Haha. Anyhow, from what I understand from my every-15-minute calls that night, she took him to dinner and that was it. No crazy Grandma stories yet. That morning was kidna rough back here at home because it was the morning of the Bluffton bus accident and we had a family friend in the wreck. Thankfully, he was ok and I was go for launch for my trip. I got into Tampa on Saturday afternoon after leaving Detroit at 8 in the morning.
    Last edited by StarsNStripes; 04-14-2007 at 12:30 PM.

There was our first picture once I had arrived. I was tired after a morning of waiting for my luggage to finally get to the carosel ( about 1 1/2 hours) and that would probably be my only complaint about Airtran. I was thankful to see my boyfriend all in one piece after an evening of Grandma and I was ready to get this trip underway. We left for downtown Disney after getting settled in at home. Grandma's backseat drivng kicked in about now. This was at the World of Disney.

Adam loves riding so of course, I had to take him to the Harley shop. I think at this point, he was really starting to enjoy himself. After all, the temp was about 70 degrees and it was snowing back in Toledo.

I think he looks dorky trying to be a punk, but then again, so do I...hehe

The next day, Sunday, after Grandma VOLUNTEERED me to sing solo at her church....yeah, can you believe it, we went to one of the places I had been looking forward to for a while. We went to Hollis Gardens which is the place Adam and I are getting married.

The fountain shot

Ok ok, so on to the good stuff. On Monday the 5th, we went to MGM Studios....no Grandma included. Now remember, this was Adam's first trip so he had absolutely no idea what to expect. It was almost funny to watch him take it all in. We parked the car and hopped on the tram. We parked in the Film section for all of you who were just on-the-edge-of-your-seat curious The first thing I wanted to do upon arriving in the park was make our way to the Rockin' Roller Coaster. Now, here in Ohio, we have Cedar Point, so any coaster we ride pales in comparison to our park. Nonetheless, TRNRC is my favorite coaster in WDW. We waited about 7 minutes. A fun tip for TRNRC....act like you're yawning and stretching at the beginning of the ride. Makes for great pictures at the end. Crowds weren't bad. Apparently, WDW is not the cool spot for college kids on spring break. I beg to differ. We ended up riding it 4 more times throughout the day. A nice couple took this after ride # 2. Temperature around 68.

Notice silly boyfriend's shirt in last pic. Next we headed over to Indiana Jones which was one of Adam's favorite things of the whole trip.

We did lots of stuff I didn't capture on film. Backlot tour, Star Tours, Muppetvision was down , Sounds Dangerous was dumb, grabbed a Turkey Leg at Toluca's (my fav), TOT, no Little Mermaid, did Narnia, GMR which is another one of my favs, stuck my hands in MaCaulay Culkin's prints at Grauman's..they still fit....and Home Alone is one of the greatest ovies ever made.
    New York Street before LMA

The last pic was the on fire guy.
    Wish this pic wasn't so blurry. It turned out to be a nice night. Of course, Adam began to regret his choice of shorts for the day. Picked up a collector's bucket of popcorn and one of those blue Icees at the Candy shop. Very good. Highly recommend.

I love trip reports done with photo's! And welcome to DWT! I see you are in Toledo! I live in Auburn Hills, MI (about 30 minutes North of Detroit). We have a membership to the zoo there in Toledo as well as Cosi, so we spend many Saturdays and Sundays down there!!!

So there was the day spent at MGM. Sorry that some of the pics are a bit blurry. And jsut for that, I managed to con, er, politely talk Adam into a new digital camera for my birthday in May. The next morning, it was slightly warmer and we had planned on the Animal Kingdom that day. I forgot to take some of the most crucial photos cause I was too busy enjoying my trip. Anyhow, we've determined that the most CM's from Toledo work at the AK since we got stopped like 6 times by people yelling TOLEDO! YEAH! GO MUD HENS! GO ROCKETS! and things of that nature. I found it amusing. Small enough to be home but big enough so everyone knows where you're at. Anyhow, first thing we did was make our way over to the safari.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast