Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Vixen's Pre-Report Report in the Vacation Planning forums; !st off, can y'all tell I am excited bout this trip? Plus I am bored today and thot this would be a good way to journel my trip plans and ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Vixen's Pre-Report Report

!st off, can y'all tell I am excited bout this trip?
    Plus I am bored today and thot this would be a good way to journel my trip plans and entertain you at the same time

Here is the cast....
    Me (a.k.a. Vixen or hey you)
    Age....so not telling--let's just say I have celebrated a lot of anniversaries of my 29th Bday
    BIO...Self proclaimed Disney fanatic. I have my bath and kitchen decorated in it for heaven's sake, "nuff said.
    Character Name.....TIGGER
    Donnie (dopeydonnie on here or the lesser/better/other-half depending on what he did that day)
    Age......32
    BIO......semi Disney nut till he met me, I have converted him to our ways MUHHHHAAAA!!!
    Character Name......DONALD (come on ppl who else would he be?)
    Meghyn Age....4 going on 16 complete with the attitude
    BIO.....loves anything Disney--we have raised her up right.
    Character Name.....MINNIE or Tink, She is still iffy on that

Family that is going with us. All 1st timers
    Kevin Age....debatable whether adult or kid
    BIO.....a total nut, loves to talk your ear off and make everyone laugh.
    C.N.....MICKEY
    Phoebe Age...you know I really am not sure
    BIO....sneaky evil mom for surprising her kids with a WDW trip
    C.N....PIGLET
    Krystal Age...18
    BIO....sweet, quiet except when her siblings tick her off
    C.N....FLOWER
    Amanda Age....16
    BIO...typical teen with attitude to the extreme Horse crazy
    C.N...JASMINE
    Amber Age....15
    BIO.... at that akward age between kid and young lady Spotted a hidden Mickey in the fireworks video...smart girl
    C.N....BAMBI
    Nathon Age....14
    BIO...wants to know if he will ever get to take a trip to WDW (little does he really know)
    C.N...BUZZ

SYNOPSIS---------
    The Crazy Crew and We 3 (as groups we will be refered to from here on out) are hitting the World come Sept. Taking advantage of the free dining Surpise trip for the teens of the Crew. 1st time for all of them. LOOK OUT WDW.! I am doing the planning for them all. YAY ME! Keeps me busy

I am going to split this up into more then one post as not to bore you or make your eyes too tired.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    How exciting! I don't think I could keep a trip to WDW a secret.....I'd be to excited! Have you decided how your going to spring the surprise on the teens yet?

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If I weren't going on a cruise in November I would SO be going to WDW in September. Free dining and I have a long standing love affair. You can have your DVC and your Annual Passes. Free Dining saves me more cash than anything I've hit on yet!
    They call me "Nana"

Pre-Report #1

April 4
    Talking to our friends one afternoon as they stopped over about the fact we were thinking about going down to WDW this year. They liked the idea of the free dining but weren't quite sure on whether they could afford to go or not if it wasnt offered. They went to pick up their son from school when they left here. PIGLET calls me about an hour later laughing. Out of the Blue, her son says to them, "you know you are going to just going to wait till all us kids are out of school and go buy an RV with our inherintance money and travel and we will never get to go to WDW" TOO FUNNY and coincindental.

April 5
    Made our reservations for Sept. 11-15 at POP for room only and one day of tickets for each of We 3 (debating on whether we want to get an AP or not) Figured I could just upgrade it if we decided to. I wanted to book a package now so that if and when free dining was offered (rumors at this point) it would be easier to add to a package then have to make a whole new ressie with the extras. Odd thing, the girl said that insurance was only $6 or so more. Thot that was a REALLLLLLLY cheap price so who am I to argue? Sure throw that on the cost.

Check my email later that nite (hadnt for like 3 days) Here I am entitled to a room rate of like 55 bucks a nite...WOW I need to call them back and find out whether I can get that rate and get the free dining too..Worth a shot. Too late tonite. Will call tomorrow.

cont.

April 6

Just playing around with the numbers before I got a chance to call (sigh...4 yr olds will NOT let you use the phone when you need to) I realized that there was a difference in price then what I figured out at first. Give CRO a call and ask. Here they have already given me the discount. I don't know how-Disney Magic I guess. BUT the kicker is they are charging me $120.00 for trip insurance. Still a bargin but above our budget especially if I have to pay rack rate. I can deal with the rain, besides the most I will lose is 200$ The little boy on the phone tells me he cannot take the insurance off. OH YES YOU CAN! Supervisor please. Very nice gentleman out in Utah (ARNIE) He was awesome and very funny. Took care of my problem straight off.
    When I mentioned the free dining, he "could not confirm nor deny" anything. So I asked a few hypothetical questions which he could neither "confirm nor deny" So funny when the public knows things they shouldnt. He also gave me a good tip about helping The Crew book. Told me to make sure not to let the reservationist know we had a group of 9 all going at the same time or we would automatically be thrown over to Grand Gatherings where we would have to book under a different category then the free dining which he could neither "confirm nor deny"

Called PIGLET and convinced them into just go ahead and book and pay the deposit and beat the crowds for ADRs for the non-confirming/denying free dining. If something happened and they couldnt go at least they could get a full refund up to 45 days before. She is coming over to book in the morning.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 04-22-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Donnie remembered his name

April 7

Helped PIGLET make the ressies for the Crazy Crew. I did the initial call and got "CALEB" on the line. Poor kid sounded new and very young. I think I threw him for a loop being her sort of travel agent and staying on the line with her and having ALL the info on what she needed. We got her booked for the same days at POP. Deposits paid(she had to do 2 rooms-amount of ppl)

PIGLET had taken FLOWER and JASMINE to the Y for swimming and the excuse was she was helping move my bedroom furniture around since my bed is REALLY heavy ...NOT!.
    They kept calling asking when she was coming to pick them up. "we are not done moving furniture yet, be there in a while" I am going to be struck down by my own lightning for lying. LOL In reality I was going over where we were going to be on each day (yes I have my itineraries made out 4 1/2 months in advance-going by EMH and operating hours)
    so she could pick out where they wanted to eat. Allearsnet.com was very helpful in this. Very advisable as word was already out that Free Dining was being offered for Disney Visa card holders starting Monday. If they for some chance would not release the Free Dining to the public we could always cancel the ADRs. Here's what we came up with. and remember we got 9 ppl so ADRs for that number will be hard to come by after the FD is announced.

Sept 11 Ohana dinner ...wanted 7;30-8;00 so we could see Wishes at MK at 9 and the water pagent a bit later Figured it will take over an hour to eat for that many ppl Got a 7;40
    Sept 12 No sit down that day at the AK all day
    Sept 13 Chef Mickey's for Dinner asked for 5 as soon as they opened (hints on boards say best time to see characters and least wait) Got it
    Sept 14 EPCOT...We 3 chose San Angel in Mexico and the Crew dont like Mexican food so PIGLET chose Le Cellier Good choice for a 1st timer. At some point I will get to eat there. The ressies kinda worked out well. The only seating I could get for them all around the time we wanted was at 4PM and they will have to split tables into 4 and 2. The nice dining reservationist said that opening was their best bet for sitting close to each other. It was either then or at 7PM...yeesh! We 3 got a seating at San Angel at 4;30 so we will drop them off after doing the clockwise tour of World Showcase and head back to Mexico where they can meet us when they are done.
    Sept 15 MGM after checkout the rest of day. We asked for and got 12 ish for 50's Primetime. Donnie and I werent really sure we wanted to eat there again--Cousin Chip was kinda boring, Aunt Sue at the next table was more fun. MICKEY and PIGLET reallly really wanted to eat there after we described the fun to be had. OH MY....we are either gonna have a whole lot of fun or get kicked out MICKEY and Donnie feed off each other (boys never grow up, do they?) PIGLET and I said that if they get kicked out --we disown them..

Free dining upgrade coming up next....CONT.

April 11

Called PIGLET and told her to get her butt over here early in the AM. Free Dining for the public was pretty much a given at this point.

April 12

BOY AM I OBESSED WITH DISNEY. Only for free food will I get my backside up at 6;30 in the morning. TIme enuf to wake up, grab a bite and start dialing. PIGLET showed up about 5 till 7 Today's excuse for BAMBI whom they had to ride to school with a large project. ---PIGLET is helping me plan a surprise party for Donnie's Bday in Sept. "but his bday isnt in Sept" "but the kids dont know that" good point PIGLET
    Well after a 40 minute wait we finally got thru. CHESTER YOU ROCK! He was awesome. I didnt even have to ask, his first words, "free dining?" yeppers.
    Poor guy and we were only his second call that morning. He actually added it to all 3 ressies at once and was impressed that we had the foresite to make our ADRs ahead of time. We were on and off the phone in like 15 minutes.
    Imagine 4 adults doing the happy dance at 8AM.

coming up....surprise plans and Vixen's planning overkill? Planning keeps my mind off other problems ok?

The Surprise Plans so far
    I just cut and pasted this from the surprise help thread.
    Updated with new plans a little so changed slightly.

The kids want to go on vacation...good so far, works out well in that aspect. OK...the kids want to go to Georgia to visit obscure friends of the family....even better. They are setting themselves up for this one. Well since ya gotta kinda drive thru at least part of GA to get to WDW from PA, this may be interesting.

We are going to tell them that Donnie Meghyn and I are going to WDW (let them be disappointed first---no fun if just the good news) and we are all going to caravan down south together to help each other with the drive and break up the monotony of seeing the same faces for like 18+ hours. Plan on getting to a rest stop outside Savanahh (any nice ones you know of are welcome suggestions) around lunch time. Only a 4ish hour drive from there so we dont have tooooooo badly hyped up teens for too long.

Right after we eat is when we break the news. Figured we better tell after or they will never eat. First they will get a specially made fortune cookie (OK, I am taking out the one in there and putting in another) Someone did this on another site and I loved the idea. Cute little hints in each cookie like "if you see a mouse walking down the street smile and say cheese" I need some more clues...HELP! You clever ppl you. (yes I am trying to sweeten you up so you will give me ideas....lol) I am sure they will be confused with them. I plan on printing out in the same font and in red like real ones. HEHEHE!

We 3 will have a "gift" for them for the rest of their trip. and we will meet at the same place for the trip back. With me so far? Their gift will consist of matching T-shirts that will be hand decorated with a character name on the back and some sort of slogan on the front. Havent worked out what it will be yet--something Disneyish but not " I am going" or anything like that. Want something we can all wear in the park and to do with the Million Dreams campaign. The shirts will be folded with their character name on the back showing.
    They are so going to think we are rubbing it in their faces. **Insert EVIL LAUGH here

They will also get a folder with park maps and some paper trivia games, some crosswords, word searches, etc. with a Disney decorated pen and it will have their character on the front. (these are already done btw) What do you all think about circling where we will be eating at on the map and see if they catch on that way?
    The topper and the just-how-observant-am - I final gift will be a little booklet/journel (made of a blank check register in its plastic folder---FREE) It will have things like park itineraries, DDP credits to check off as you use them., more trivia, a money spent page, some questions like "my fav ride" and "found a hidden mickey here", :"characters I met" and trip thots, things like that.

BUZZ will prob stick it in his pocket and ignore it. FLOWER may skim it. Of the 2 middle ones I think BAMBI will catch on first as she seemed most interested when they stopped over for a movie nite and she wanted to see more videos of WDW on the computer.

SOOOOOO...what do ya think? Will it work? Too subtle? Should I throw some stickers on the page or maybe print something up to look like a generic admission ticket to catch their eye. The only stipulation is they have to figure it out B4 we leave that rest stop because MICKEY and PIGLET want to keep their windows in their van intact and dont wish them shattered with teenage screams of joy. LOL

Like I said it sounds a little obsessed but keeps my brain busy.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I used a mickey head hole puncher and filled the page she had marked in her book with it. I told her to stop talking and bothering me and to read her book. The mickey heads fell out all over the place. She looked at me and said very funny mom. And I played all innocent, I don't know what you are talking about, must be mickey magic.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

???????.....OK I am confused....eh doesnt take much with me lately

I like the idea of a Mickey hole punch tho...have one of those upstairs....when I am really bored I can make a bunch of those and when they open up the little booklets they will fall out all over the place. UMMM...hope it is not a windy day in GA that day...*Snort. Dont think the GA reststop ppl will be very happy with me...LOL

Todays update....PIGLET is coming over tomorrow while FLOWER is at a church thing to do some planning. Waste of gas for her to drive all the way home and back when we live like 5 minutes from it. Plus she has to give CRO a call and change her mailing address to our house because since they will be paying a bit at a time they will get a letter everytime they pay. Considering the letters have the Disney Travel logo at the top and they cant be home 24/7 to catch the mailman. The nosy teens will catch on at some point.

I love your surprise ideas.....I can't imagine keeping all this a secrect for the next 4.5 months! I would sooooo blab! I can't wait to hear more....

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Thanks Fungus

Well I put what little of Donnie's brain he has to work on the cookie sayings. (can you tell he is in the category of lesser half tonite..lol) He came up with a few good ones that won't give them away right off. Here is what we have so far.
    You will soon meet royalty ----- the princesses of course
    Traveling to other countries is a distinct possibility ---- Epcot's WS
    ??????????????????
    I need definately 4 total, 5 if I include Meghyn's to open first or if I have the adults open theirs first too. I know that sounds confusing but want to drag out as long as possible and torture them. LOL Any other obscure clues are good. Remember these kids are not huge Disney nuts so they wont know what certain things mean but they have to actually sound like a sort of fortune. Plus they have to be generic gender wise since I am SOOOOOO not gonna try to remember whose is whose. WHAT YA GET IS WHAT YA GET. LOL Since I am handing them out I get to dictate when they can open them. LOL

I did a test batch of a recipe I found online this morning (nothing like homemade fortune cookies for breakfast) They came out ok but the fotunes got a bit greasy because it told me to flip them over before folding and the cookie sheet had to be WELL greased. HMMMM, gonna have to try another batch but this time maybe not flip them. I think I am going to make super big ones dipped in chocolate so I dont look so cheap just giving them one little bitsy cookie for dessert. LOL

BTW...pretty good recipie, only took me like 10 minutes to make 4 decent sized ones. They are a bit softer in the middle then real ones but tasted a heck of a lot better.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 04-23-2007 at 11:25 PM.

I realize this is getting a litle long but was thinking about it earlier, what a way to show someone who might not make any plans for a 1st time trip what fun it can be planning even tho it seems like a lot of work it will be worth it in the end. Plus, who knows someone may pass on one of my ideas or plans to others and it will become a tradition in their family. And it may even help someone not to be a total tourist disaster. I try not to be when I can. LOL We all have our lapses.

Where did you find the cookie recipe? I LOVE fortune cookies I'd love to be able to make my own.... (See the thread is working already, you can share an idea/find with me! LOL! )

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, first, are you GOING to Savannah? If not, then trying to stop there is WAY out of your way. Plus the main road into Savannah is a long boring road of NOTHING!!! Forget a rest stop right outside.....
    Also, driving through Atlanta - make sure you are NOT traveling during rush hour, or you are nuts! (since I can't use the sc word).
    Rush hour here begins around 5:30am and goes until 9ish. Starts again at 3 and goes to about 7ish.
    On Fridays, forget it, Rush hour is all day.

It sounds like you are having a great time making the plans - sometimes that is the most fun, well, not the MOST!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast