Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mini-V's April report in the Vacation Planning forums; I've been keeping busy, but not necessarily with trips to WDW. I did get a rude surprise on Tuesday evening when I realized that I leave on the 7th and ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've been keeping busy, but not necessarily with trips to WDW. I did get a rude surprise on Tuesday evening when I realized that I leave on the 7th and arrive in London on the 8th. I knew that I arrived on the 8th, but I didn't consider that I had to leave on the 7th to accomplish that. Thankfully my daughter asked me what time my flight takes off because there is every reason to believe that I would have completely missed my flight.

Over the last few days I caught up with watching several Disney flicks that I'd never seen; Brother Bear, Nightmare Before Christmas, Lilo and Stitch, and Aladdin. It's great being able to take advantage of my dd huge collection of Disney movies.

I'm heading over to Downtown Disney today to do a bit more shopping and browsing. I bought a pair of croc wannabes yesterday and I want to add some jibbits to Disney them up a bit. I sent my Disney crocs back to exchange them for a smaller size, so I figured I'd buy the fakes to get me through till the real ones come.

Tomorow I am joining my dd at a team building function. I'll get my very own t-shirt in bright yellow. I believe we will be helping out a school fair. Hopefully it will be a good stress releaser for my dd because she could use a bit of relaxation.

My dd told me that she plans to take me out for dinner on Sunday night to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We're celebrating her promotion, her birthday, my birthday, and Mother's Day. Sounds like we really should be getting another good meal out of all those celebrations, but for now, one will have to suffice.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's report.
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-03-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added text
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the week, have a great meal at Animal Kingdom Lodge
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Great stuff, V!!

I can't wait to read more!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I can't wait to DO more! Heading to DTD. C H A R G E I T ! ! !

Well, I did some credit card damage at DTD. I did put some things on my "Christmas" wish list so my family doesn't think I've completely gone off my rocker.

It's about 91F degrees today, so going in and out of the stores was really comfortable. I found a store I'd not seen before in DTD; the Under $10.00 store. Most of the items can be found in other shops on property, but this shop puts together in one spot some less expensive items that parents might be able to satisfy a child's desire for something from WDW without being over-whelmed with choices and devestating to the parent's wallet. I bought 2 magazine boxes and a pencil holder (look like leather) and a small pluto plush all for $10.00 total.

I found really cute Mickey jibbits for my croc wannabes in the surf shop. I had mentally planned to buy more than 2 but at $3.50 a piece, I figured I could space them out a bit.

By 12:30 pm, I was feeling like lunch would be in order. I probably would have gone to the pub if I'd thought about it, but I'd never been to the Earl of Sandwich. I ordered a delicious chicken caeser salad wrap. I ended up bringing half of it home to finish a bit later.

I left the Wonderful World of Disney Store for last. I also bought 2 birthday charms and 2 Mickey beads. I kept eyeing a ring and a bracelet, but opted to put them on my wish list.

I know I've told people that hats can be embroidered in the back of the Christmas shop in DTD. I made sure that statement is still true. Oh, there were some cute things in that shop!

I was able to verify that the parrot from POTC has been relocated to the pirate room in the Wonder World of Disney Store. I posted a picture in my April 2007 album.

I couldn't believe the number of little girls who had visited the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. The person who came up with this concept probably got a bonus. I haven't seen that much glitter, hair spray, ribbons, and sparkle hair pieces since the 1980's. It seemed a little warm to be wearing the long costumes, but hey, that's the price of being a princess, I guess.

Oh, those of you who like to shop at the outlet mall on 535, make sure you stop by the visitor center before you begin shopping. When I went in the visitor center to get a map of the mall, I was handed a leaflet with coupons for many of the shops in the mall. I easily could have saved a few dollars last week if I'd had those coupons.

The pool is calling my name and it's rude not to answer.
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-04-2007 at 07:57 AM.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Shopping sounds great Virginia, i just read the report out to my DF, i think i heard his wallet running away LOL
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I think we all love to shop till we drop at DTD!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Shopping sounds great Virginia, i just read the report out to my DF, i think i heard his wallet running away LOL
    I may have some "splaining" to do when I start unpacking my suitcase - and I'm not even brining it all back to London with me.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I may have some "splaining" to do when I start unpacking my suitcase - and I'm not even brining it all back to London with me.
    Oh Lucy, what will Ricky say
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

I had a very unusual and unique day. I participated with my dd and her team for a day at a girls and boys club in Orlando. I have my very own bright yellow, Disney volunteer t-shirt and an afternoon of great memories. We helped supervise game activities for an after school program. It was in the 90's today and the gym was not air conditioned. I think I may have sweated off a few pounds as a bonus. I'll post a picture of me in my souvenir shirt when I get back home.
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-08-2007 at 03:42 PM.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Awesome trip report! I am happy that you are having a wonderful time!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

My final full day in Florida was just the kind of day for which anyone could wish.

We got to Epcot around 10:30 am, and headed to pick up a fast pass for Soarin'. Our fast passes weren't good until just after 1:00 PM, so we had quite a bit of time to kill.

I fast talked my dd to going on Imagination. I did not remember ever going on that ride, but dd assured me that we had. There's nothing better than revisiting a ride and seeing it for the first time. lol

We strolled through World Showcase. The Flower and Garden Festival is in full swing. if you've never attended Epcot at this time of year, put it on your to do list. The topiaries and special gardens are exquisite! I have a Mickey Mouse topiary picked out for our pool area. It will have to wait till I can give it the care that it needs to survive. At $30.00 a plant, I don't want to just stick it in the yard and hope for the best.

Our next ride was in Mexico to check out the addition of the Three Caballeros. This is another ride that I didn't remember seeing in the past, so the refurb didn't have as much of an impact. I thought the addition of the characters fit in with the rest of the ride.

After the ride, we stopped to make paper flowers. DD put one in her hair. I attached mine to my visor. We were really into the Flower Festival.

Time for a light lunch at the German snack bar. We split a bratwurst rather than have one each since we had big dinner plans.

We strolled through several other pavilions. The crowds were very comfortable so we resolved to make it a stress free day. Using the map, we attempted to check out as many as possible of the special displays that each of the countries had created for the F&G Festival. We never did find the Norway display, but it may have been hidden due to the refurb going on there.

There is a beautiful African Art display the the American Pavilion. We completed touring it just as the Voices of Liberty began performing. Again, if you'd not heard them sing, put it on your "must do" list.

We were wandering around World Showcase when a group of people in a roped off area began cheering. instead of looking in the direction THEY were looking, I foolishly looked at them. My dd, however, turned a bit to see The Nelsons (Ricky Nelson's sons who are performing in the pavilion) walk about 30 feet from me. My dd now realizes how I could live in NY city for 2 years and not SEE any celebrities. This also explains why I can't find hidden Mickey's in the parks.

It was then time to head back to Soarin'. We ended up being moved up the que to fill in on an empty row, but it was in C. (Of course we were hoping for A.) Make sure you look for the rainbow if you haven't seen it. It's just one of those little touches that enhance Soarin'.

If you want to get character pictures, I highly recommend going to the meet and greet area in Epcot. You wait in one line, indoors, and then once you are allowed into the photo areas, there are three sets of characters waiting to be photographed with you. Once I get home, I'll post my pictures of us with Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. Mickey kissed my hand. Goofy was leaning backward and tried to pull me and my dd backward, and Chip and Dale were just being themselves.

We wandered over to Test Track and only had a 20 minute wait. It was just starting to sprinkle at this point, so everyone was warned that the ride may need to shut-down should it begin to rain hard or if there was lightening. This is one of the few times I've been on Test Track that it didn't breakdown before I got on.

We went from Test Track over to Mission Space. As you enter, you now need to choose between the green or the orange experience and you are given a card that notes your preference. You must hand that card to the cm when you reach the turnstile. The card is very explicit that if you have any doubts as to which experience you should take, go with green; the less intense ride. With a 10 minutes wait, we were on our way to Mars in no time. I still enjoy the ride, and one of these trips, I 'll have to check out the green ride just to compare the difference.

By now the rain was getting a little more serious, so we opted to wait out the storm in Mouse Gear. i was good, but only because I knew how much I'd already spent in several stores in the last three weeks. (Besides, I'll still plan to make a quick swing through The World of Disney tomorrow after I drop off my bags at Virgin in DTD.) Back to the storm. The wind, the rain, and the lightening cleared all the open areas of Epcot. Those people smart enough to have rain ponchos were pulling them out, but I don't think ponchos would have offered much protection in this storm. The water droplets were pummeling the ground and the air was at least 20 degrees cooler than it had been. We eventually we braved the elements to get back to the car so we could make our reserved seating at Jinko's.

If you have never eaten at Jinko's in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, you are in for a treat. First, stop off at the bar for one of their special Bahama mama drinks and order some flat bread and dips. I still haven't decided if the olive or the fresh dried tomato dip was best. I do know I came dangerously close to eating too much of both and nearly spoiled my dinner. They are light, but they can be filling if you play the piggy.

Once in the restaurant, I ordered the pork and sweet potato entrée, and dd had a short pork entrée. We both loved our choices. DD had a glass of Riesling, and I had a glass of sweet wine that I couldn't pronounce. How we made room for desert is a mystery, but we managed. I had an apple tart with ice cream and dd had a chocolate pyramid. We cleaned the desert plates.

After our over the top meal, we opted to walk out by the savanna to relax a bit before heading home. The baby giraffe (16 months old) was out at the far end, and there were several other animals out grazing as well. The cm stationed in the viewing area was very friendly and we talked about what it's like at "home". He told about the day his family moved out to a game reserve and he and his mother stepped out on the porch to see watch sun rise. Out of the corner of his mother's eye, she saw movement; a pride of lions sleeping on the porch about 25 feet from their front door. His mother grabbed him by the scuff of his neck and she dove back into the house with her son in tow. And I though a gecko startled me!

i have a busy morning ahead. I have a couple of loads of laundry to do before I can finish packing. Then I have to swing by DTD to drop off my suitcase. I also have to pick up my new eye glasses, and take one last box to the post office. I absolutely dread having to leave, but at least I am fortunate in knowing that I'll be back in a little more than 6 months. It's been a great trip, and I hope everyone who has trips planned for this year will have as much fun in Florida as I have.
    Last edited by mini-V; 05-08-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spell check

Have a safe journey home, the reports have been great to read, thanks Virginia.
    x FIONA x

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Safe trip home, Virginia! So glad you had a great time.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks to the pick-up station at DTD, my bags are on their way to the airport. (That's a great service with Virgin Atlantic, by the way.)

I "flew" through The World of Disney one more time. I knew I absolutely couldn't buy anything except the beads I wanted, so I didn't want to look too hard or too long. I already had a box to be mailed in the car, so there couldn't be any more "good bargains".

The storm that blew through here last night dropped the temperature 20 degrees. It's a very pleasant, but cooler 68 degrees. We did desperately need the rain, and the drop in the temperature tells me it really is time to leave.

Once I get my body clock reset, I'll try to post some pictures. I didn't come anywhere close to matching all the pictures that Rich took, but I did my best to give him some competition.

When I post next, I'll be back in London.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast