Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My May 2007 Trip Report (with pictures) in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 4: May 24, 2007 Today we were going to head over to the Studios to do alot of attractions that I had missed on my previous trip. Before heading ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Day 4: May 24, 2007

Today we were going to head over to the Studios to do alot of attractions that I had missed on my previous trip. Before heading over the South Depot bus stop we had a quick breakfast at the Riverside Mill foodcourt. We used most of our snacks on breakfasts so we ended up having to buy some snacks towards the end of the trip, like a Dole Whip! which was so worth it. After breakfast we made our way over to the studios at around 9:30 and headed over to the Tower of Terror and only waited about 5 mins before reaching the library. After ToT I wanted to check out Walt Disney: One Man's Dream because I had never seen it before. After reading Walt Disney: The Triumph of American Imagination I got an intense appreciation for every aspect of Walt's life and I think he was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, men to ever live, so this attraction was really special to me.

After One Man's Dream we stopped to see Journey Into Narnia, which I wasnt very impressed with. It was a little boring, because you basically just walk into a room and watch a short summary of the movie. I'm pretty sure its just a temporary attraction anyway. After Narnia we went over to the Backlot Tour and I got a picture of the cages from At World's End that had just been recently put in the attraction:

After the Backlot Tour we planned on seeing Lights, Motors, Action but we were too late because the show was just starting as we got of the Backlot Tour so we decided on trying to catch it another day. We then headed over to Muppet Vision 3D which was great, and so was the pre-show! After Muppets we grabbed a fastpass for Star Tours and went to see the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular while we waited for our return time. I didnt volunteer to be an extra, I guess I'm too much of a chicken. After Indy we went on a Death Star Trench run in Star Tours then walked over to the Backlot Express to grab some lunch before heading back to Riverside for a break before our big dinner at California Grill, which I was so anxious to try.

Our reservation at California Grill was at 6:00 and we checked in on the second floor at about 6:05. We were a little late because we took a bus to Epcot then the monorail to TTC, then the monorail around the resorts to the Contemporary. They said that we could come back up for Wishes if we wanted to later that night, which was a nice gesture even though we didnt end up coming back. The dinner was excellent and the view was even better. I had the oak grilled filet of beef (it was called something like that, lol) which was in a terriyaki bbq sauce. It was awesome! I would give the California Grill a 10 our of 10! The service wasnt as good as Le Cellier, but I liked my main course better and the view was awesome! Well worth the 2 sit down tickets. If you think I'm being too nice with these restaurant reviews, just wait for tomorrow's review I took some pictures from the observation deck of the construction going on for the new north wing and of the Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian.

After that amazing dinner we monorailed over to the Magic Kingdom to see Spectromagic, but we didnt hang around for Wishes because we were all pretty tired from another magical day.

Day 5 should be up tonight: we go to Epcot to check out flower and garden festival and then to Downtown Disney for dinner...
    Last edited by nicks10; 05-31-2007 at 02:41 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Day 5: May 25, 2007

We slept in a bit later today and showed up at Epcot a little before 10:00. Of course we headed right for The Land to get a Fastpass for Soarin'. While we waited for our return time we ate some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and took a ride on Living with the Land. Then we made our way over to Seas with Nemo and Friends. I'll echo the same positive statements that have been made about the queue, It's awesome. You start out on the beach and slowly make your way under water until you can see the sun reflecting on the water above you. Really well done. As for the attraction, I thought it was just ok. The effect with the fish from the movie in the real fish tank is really cool though. Definitely a must do for kids who like the movie. Overall I'd say its a C ticket attraction. After the Seas we headed over to Test Track and got in the Single rider line. Getting split up is definitely worth cutting that wait time down tremendously. The single rider line said 20 mins but we only waited 5 before getting to the preshow. Then we made our way back to The Land for our Fastpass return time on Soarin'. Before we exited the park to go back to our room we went on Journey Into Imagination with Figment, a first for me! I thought it was alright, but I'm sure the older one with the Dreamfinder was probably better. Flower and Garden Festival was going on so heres some pictures from some displays in Future World (I'll have more from World Showcase tomorrow)

After Epcot we were ready to take a break before heading over to DTD for dinner.

We took the boat over to Downtown Disney from Riverside which was very nice. We stopped in the World of Disney store to try to get some souvenirs taken care of. My grandma wanted a little set of the Seven Dwarfs for my little cousin who loves the movie, but the World of Disney didnt have them, so we were gonna head back to MK after dinner to try to get them were we first saw them. Oh, and I did see Pegleg Pete in the store, heres a pic:

I took Nathan Rose's advice and decided to have dinner over at Raglan Road. We were having an early dinner because we skipped lunch. We got into Raglan Road at around 4:30 and there were only 2 other tables eating there. I'm sorry to say that I didnt like it at all. The food was decent, nothing really special though, and I thought the service was pretty bad. Our waiter was kinda rude and verrrrrrrry slow. I can understand this at a busy time, but I think he only had 1 or 2 other tables since it was so early. Like I said the food was ok, but not enough to make up for the service. I would give Raglan Road a 5 out of 10 (sorry Nathan!)

After dinner we wondered around DTD Westside for a bit and then took a bus to the Contemporary and walked over to MK to get some shopping done. We made our way over to Fantasyland to the little shop outside of Snow White's Scary Adventures to get the Dwarfs Toys. Of course after we bought them we started seeing them pop up at all the other stores too We also bought some Crocs for my sister back home from a little stand near Pinocchios Village. We rode It's a Small World with almost no wait and then it was time to head back to Riverside after another great day.

The days just keep getting better and better the longer you stay at WDW! Ahhh, I wish I was still there...

Day 6 should come sometime this weekend: we head back to the Studios for Lights, Motors, Action and then back to Epcot for dinner at Alfredos.
    Last edited by nicks10; 06-01-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    -Nick

Love the Tic Toc topiary! I hope it's still there in August!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great trip report so far!! Thanks for sharing!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

No problem, Its fun to go over everything we did again!
    -Nick

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Nick, you are the man!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great report, Nic! The pics were much better than mine. The Flower and Garden Festival does offer even more opportunities for some beautiful pictures. Next time to plan to go to WDW, take me along! You eat at some great places...and I can keep up with your grandparents.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great report and wonderful pictures. Can't wait to read the rest!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Thanks guys, I should have the next day up tomorrow morning!
    -Nick

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    you really stepped it up a notch with including your pics with the posts! definitely better than my "check gallery for this pic" method. loving the trip report!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Day 6: May 26, 2007

(Report may be a little short today, cause I'm in a bit of a rush, so I included lots of pics, enjoy!)

Today we were gonna go back to the Studios to try to catch Lights, Motors, Action before heading over to Epcot to do some attractions before our dinner reservation at Alfredo's. We had a little breakfast at the Riverside Mill again before heading to the studios to see the first showing of Lights, Motors, Action and boy am I glad we went back. I loved it! I loved seeing the drivers skills live in action. If you havent seen it yet I would highly recommend it, I hope they keep it in the Studios for a while and that its not some temporary thing.

After Lights, Motors, Action we took a friendship boat over to the Beach Club and walked to Epcot's International Gateway. I wanted to see Ellen's Energy Adventure first so we headed over the the Universe of Energy for the nice brief 45 minute attraction! I thought it was pretty good, but I was disappointed that I didnt get to see the entire pre-show, we walked in about half way through. After Ellen's we headed over to Club Cool. I had never tried the Beverly and I had heard some not so great things about it, so I decided to judge for myself. I actually loved it! Ok, not so much. We wondered around World Showcase to check out some of the Flower and Garden Festival displays, heres a few pics I took:

After wondering around for a bit, we got a fastpass for Maelstrom and rushed over to the American Adventure to try to make the show. We just made it, we were the last ones let through the doors. I had never seen this before, and am so sad that it took me this long to discover. Truly an awesome, moving attraction! We headed back over to Norway for our return time for the Malestrom. After Maelstrom we went over to Italy to get in for our 6:00 reservation at Alfredo's. I had heard good and bad things about Alfredo's, but I'm a huge fan of Italian food so I had to check it out. I thought it was excellent, altough I couldnt even finish my fetuccine alfredo, it was the richest I had ever had. Service was awesome, they let us take a picture with the huge canolli, if you dont know what I'm talking about, its a canolli they bring out for birthdays and its about the size of my torso. I dont have a picture of it, but I know my grandpa took one with his film camera, I'll have to scan it one of these days. Overall I would give Alfredo's 9 out of 10, and will be sad to see it go in the next few months.

We had some time to kill befoe Illuminations se we rode Spaceship Earth and Test Track one more time each then went and checked out the Art of Disney store. A bit too pricey for me, although they had some really cool stuff I wish I could have afforded. We watched Illuminations one last time for this trip and headed back to Riverside to get some rest before our last full day in WDW.

Day 7 up next: we go resort hopping and back to MK at night!
    Last edited by nicks10; 06-02-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    -Nick

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Great report and great pics!

Keep 'em coming.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

We want more! We want more!

Ask and ye shall receive:

Day 7: May 27, 2007

Ok, so today was gonna be a bit different. No waking up early to go to a park right away and trying to squeeze attractions in before the crowds came. Today we were just going to look around some resorts and go to MK at night. I woke up at about 9:30, which was probably the latest I've ever slept in at WDW. We took a bus over to MK and then a boat over to the Grand Floridian, I was excited to take a look around because I had never been there before. Of course, the resort was beautiful, and I would have no problem staying there (except for that whole money issue....) We had lunch at Gasparilla Grill and Games before heading over the Polynesian via a boat launch. Heres a view from the boat dock at the GF:

We arrived at the Polynesian and did a quick walk of the grounds and I determined that this was the next resort I would like to stay at (Oh yeah, that whole money issue again...) I love the theming of the Polynesian. This wasnt my first time walking around the Poly because we went to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show last year, but I got to see so much more of the resort like the pool area and beach. Hopefully someday.....

After the Polynesian we took a monorail back to MK and then a boat over the the Wilderness Lodge, which gave me the opportunity to see the rundown Discovery Island and River Country. I thought that the Wildreness Lodge was also very beautiful, but the Poly was still my favorite. After the Wilderness we took a bus over to the Animal Kingdom then transferred to a bus over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. (This tour of resorts was starting to seem like a tour of WDW Transportation) When we got to AKL we checked out the gift shop for a little bit and then looked around the observation area for awhile.

We got a drink in the counter service area before getting back on a bus to the Animal Kingdom and then another bus back to Riverside. All of that traveling by bus, boat, monorail, and foot had us a bit tired, so we got some rest before our reservation at Boatwright's Dining Hall, which is the sit down at Riverside. I have to say that I wasnt too impressed with Boatwright's. The service was fine, not terrible, not outstanding. But I didnt really like my food. The potatoes were kinda odd and the steak that I got wasnt very good, not tender at all. Although I would still rank Boatwright's above Raglan Road with a 6 out of 10.

After dinner we headed over to the Magic Kingdom and went straight to the Hall of Presidents to try to make the last show of the day. And we did with time to spare and waited about 10 minutes for the next show to start.

After HoP we went to get a Fastpass for BTMRR because we wanted to see what it was like at night, because we had only been on it in the day before. While we waited for our return time we went over to ride PotC again.

While wating in line for PotC we were joined by a very strange man. This guy came up through the line looking around like he was trying to find someone, like so many people do in order to cut Then he asked me if I had a phone, to which I replied while grabbing my phone in my left pocket "No, sorry, I dont" Then he nervously asked me if I knew if this was a ride or a show. And I said it was a boat ride and he started looking more nervous. Then he started flashing these little blue and green lights every where in the queue like he was looking for something. By this time we were kinda freaked out like this guy was a terrorist or something and we were praying to get in a different boat than he did. Of course he ended up sitting right in front of us by himself. He was shinning his little lights the whole ride at the ceiling and in the water looking very nervous. At the end of the ride he looked back at us and my grandma asked "So, did you like it?" and he says "No.......I thought we were gonna see Jack Sparrow" I didnt even say anything Now, I dont know what was up with this guy but we thought he may have had some mental issues and didnt really know what was going on. Thats giving him the benefit of the doubt, lol.

Ok, so after that whole ordeal we went back to BTMRR to use our fastpasses. I love Big Thunder at night. It felt so much faster and looked so much neater than during the day. After Big Thunder we made our way towards Main Street after catching a bit of Spectromagic from Frontierland and watched Wishes one last time for this trip.

After our exhausting day we headed back to Riverside to get some rest before our last day in WDW

Day 8 up next: we spend our last day at MK (I have a little review of the Laugh Floor as well)
    Last edited by nicks10; 06-04-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    -Nick

That first picture is absolutely beautiful. Like a post card.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast