Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Just back from May 26-30 @ WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! My wife and I just arrived home from WDW...we had a great time...very relaxing, didn't hit the parks too much though. Saturday, May 26, 2007 Arrived at Saratoga ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up Just back from May 26-30 @ WDW

Hi everyone!
    My wife and I just arrived home from WDW...we had a great time...very relaxing, didn't hit the parks too much though.

Saturday, May 26, 2007
    Arrived at Saratoga Springs around 4:30 PM and checked in. I guess there was a Magical Express drop off just before we got there because there was quite a line!
    We finally got into our room at The Carousel and all was well. Changed clothes and stopped at Epcot Guest Relations to pick up our temporary DDE card and exchange vouchers for pass renewals.
    Then it was off to Jiko for dinner. Since we were a half-hour early, we stopped in Victoria Falls for drinks...this day was our 17th anniversary, so we were celebrating. The food and service at Jiko was excellent! We were comped a creme brulee for our anniversary...I was shocked, but made up for it by tipping our server well...he was great.
    After dinner we reluctantly went grocery shopping at the Wal-Mart Supercenter on 535...this was my first hint at what kind of crowds to expect at WDW. Wal-Mart was a madhouse...they were almost out of most basics including milk, eggs, bread, deli meats, fruit, water, soft drinks, etc. The lines were snaking down the aisles...and this was around 10PM! I have never seen a Wal-Mart that busy...even on "Black Friday."

Sunday, May 27, 2007
    After enjoying a "home cooked" breakfast in our villa, we headed to the Spa at Saratoga Springs. Dear wife had arranged for us to enjoy the Couples Relaxation Package, which includes an aromatherapy massage for each and a hydrotherapy treatment...both in the same room...with two therapists. With a break for tea between the treatments. This took about 3 hours or so...very relaxing and therapeutic. I hope to review this in a future R & R @ WDW segment. After the spa we went to the room for a snack and a nap. Around 5:30 we decided to head over to Trail's End Restaurant for dinner. We took a bus to MK and the boat to Ft. Wilderness only to find that there was a one hour wait for walk-ups!! Back to the MK and dinner at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station. We picked up our wristbands for EMH. Then we rode the TTA, CoP (the turntable messed up on the final scene, which we then watched twice), the HM, Philharmagic, and PoC. I was really happy to see that the scenes in the CoP looked clean, fresh and in good repair. Wanted to ride Peter Pan's Flight, but even at 1AM, during EMH, the wait time was posted for 40 minutes! We were too tired to wait that long, so back to the room for us!

Monday, May 28, 2007
    After sleeping really late, we ate some breakfast and took a bus to the MK. From there, we hopped on the resort Monorail for some resort hopping and shopping. Then it was time for Afternoon Tea the Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge. This is always a very intimate, and enjoyable time. Not to mention very good teas and food. Then it was back to the Monorails heading over to Epcot. WOW was it crowded!! We leisurely strolled through Epcot, enjoying some fish and chips with Harp Lager and some other snacks along the way. It was so crowded we didn't get to see much, so we tried to leave during Illuminations, but still ended up in the herd. Fortunately, the bus was not too crowded.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
    Since one of the reasons we go this time of year is for the Flower & Garden Festival, we had to go to Epcot today. Whew! Much less crowded. The Festival work was beautiful. They really did a fantastic job and we got some great pictures. Rode SE and saw the new Project Tomorrow exhibits. It's a good start. The SE ride system was still kind of creaky and the volume on my narration was overpowered by the ambient noise and effects. We rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, which I thought was cute and a nice change...more fluff than any real substance, though. If I were the Mexico tourism bureau, I wouldn't be too happy. Rode the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Lots of issues there today: the audio track on the seagulls outside was off, many of the interior ceiling effects in the queue were not working, such as the lighting effects that make it look like you're underwater, around the boat and some of the pilings, were off. The attraction's ride system and show was working well except that it was hot during the ride. By 4PM all FastPasses for Soarin' were gone and the standby line was 105 minutes!!! No,thanks! We did get to meet Earl and The Bleeping Wife from Trapped on Vacation. They were really nice and it was very cool to meet them. After that, dear wife was tired, so we headed back to the room to pick up some snacks from The Artist's Palette and then a soak in the hot tub.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007
    We reluctantly checked out and were on the road back home by 12 Noon. Although we usually hit Downtown Disney on our last day, today we wanted to beat the rush hour traffic in South Florida and get home a bit early, so that's what we did. Yes, there were many things we wanted to do that we didn't get to do, but they will have to wait until next time.

I can't wait for our next trip!
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Sounds like a great time. My favorite time of year to go is this time of year. The flowers are beautiful; the weather is not too hot yet and the crowds are light.

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder
    I forgot to mention that we also saw the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. It was cute, but I think it still needs some work. The jokes were not good...in fact, there were very few jokes. It was mostly interactivity with the audience, which yes, provides that "gee whiz" factor, but doesn't really accomplish what I understood to be the theme of the attraction. Speaking of themeing, the first "prequeue" area was terrible. All those banners...what is that? At least the preshow area queue was slightly better themed, but still lacking in comparison to many others.

Obviously, this is meant to be a "C" or "D" ticket attraction, because "E" ticket attractions generally have much better queue areas.

I certainly hope that Imagineering hasn't completely signed off on this attraction...it still needs work.
    Check out my blog or MySpace.