Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip report May 10 thru 12 day one in the Vacation Planning forums; This trip report is for the school trip that I took 9 of my students on. It started with a nice 2 1/2 hr drive from Fort Myers Florida. We ...
    Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Trip report May 10 thru 12 day one

This trip report is for the school trip that I took 9 of my students on.

It started with a nice 2 1/2 hr drive from Fort Myers Florida. We arrived in time to meet the CMs that would be guideing or school kids thru their YES ( Youth Educational Series ) program. Our group chose to do the IMPROVE DRAMA TEAMWORK program. The CMs meet us at the entrance to Epcot and slowly start working us thru the park and stoping every now and then giveing us somthing that we need to do. The first stop we had to clap our hand and as we did push or hands towards someone else in the circle to transfer or engery to them. the next thing was to make a noise like a cow ( withfingers pointing out for uders) or a tiger (hands up like claws ) or alien (with fingers up for antena ) we had to do this till we were all doing the same thng. This is all being done on one of the pathways on the way to invoentions. In inoventions we had to learn to comunicate with eye contact by looking at someone else in the circle letting them know we wanted their spot. They would replya yes and then look at someone else for a new spot for themsleves. Agian this was right in the middle of where everyone walking by could see us. next it was to a spot between the Seas and Imaginenation Pavilion. there we had to all become a part of a machine making some kind of thing each working of what the other had done. Then it was a spot right out side the IP there we had to tell the story of the three pigs. the students paired off and first switch story teller every ring of the bell. Then it was every line. Then it was every word. Then it was with jiberrish. Then it was with no words at all. After that they took us into the IP for more games of how to build storys off one another and how to build an improv drama from just a one line statement. This spot in the IP was at the very top and they wouldnt even let us take pictures of anything but the kids becuse they were working on remondling that area.

Oh I forgot to mention that before we went I made a devotion book for each of our kids and a part of the book was eight queston about the park we were visiting that day.( thanks to Lou ). The contest was to see who could get the most question right. Each student had different questions. The rule was the could ask CMs and other guests but not me or use a computer. It was a blst seeing them asking the CMs all over the place about the questions. To which most of the CMs could only scratch their heads and ask where did they get such questions. A REAL GREAT STORY ABOUT THIS IN DAY TWO.

after the YES program was over we spent the rest of the day riding the rides and walking around World Showcase. They got to see Illumanations and right before that they wre walking arund the area we were sitting at (somewhere in England) asking who knows history real well . Trying to find out what spot Armstrong held on the apolo flight.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Here is the kids I took. All have thier DWT lanyards!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AWW! i love it!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy