Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mickey626's WDW 2K7 Trip Report (Part 6 of 6) in the Vacation Planning forums; DAY 7: SUNDAY, MAY 13TH, 2007 [DEPARTURE]: When we woke up we solemnly packed up our numerous SovonEars and dirty, sweaty clothes and went off to eat our last meal ...
    Mickey626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Mickey626's WDW 2K7 Trip Report (Part 6 of 6)

DAY 7: SUNDAY, MAY 13TH, 2007 [DEPARTURE]:
    When we woke up we solemnly packed up our numerous SovonEars and dirty, sweaty clothes and went off to eat our last meal of our trip: breakfast at…
    SPOODLES:
    I’ll try very hard not to ruin this review with the fact that I was entirely put out about leaving that day. It was Mother’s Day after all, so we did out best to appreciate and love on Mom during her special day. And what a better place to eat breakfast than Spoodles on the Boardwalk? When we arrived at the restaurant Mom was given a carnation for her special day, and we were seated promptly. There was hardly anybody there since it was a Sunday and it was 8:00 in the morning. The items on the menu are your standard breakfast fare, with a decidedly Mediterranean/Italian flare. Specialty items included Frittatas and special omelets. I got a breakfast platter that included scrambled eggs, a biscuit (I requested that myself because they’re soooo good), breakfast potatoes, and bacon (or was it sausage?). They had a little trouble understanding that I wanted kid’s breakfast platter but with a biscuit (which was on the adult breakfast platter) Whatever.

Mmm….biscuity.
    After breakfast, we checked out the Ratatouille Big Cheese Tour set up in front of the Boardwalk entrance (I can’t WAIT to see Ratatouille! Remy is so cute ^_^). Nothing was going on then, but there were going to be cooking demonstrations and sneak previews of the movie.

But will we get to see live rats cook?

Nope, no forced perspective here folks. Just a cheap cardboard cutout.
    There was also a large inflatable slide that was made to look like cheese.
    But why isn’t it melting mommy?
    After this we went back to our resort and I took pictures of the lobby and décor as Mom and Dad checked out.

Will I ever cast mine eyes on this doormat again? Who can say? Who can know? ;_;

All packed up and don’t wanna go.

Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
    And then we got in the car and drove off to the Orlando International Airport…. or did we? Since we had some time to kill before we had to be at the airport, we decided to check out Disney’s Old Key West Resort, the reason being that Dad read that it was the number one highest rated Disney Resort in my 2006 Passporter Guide to WDW. Also, back a long time ago (year 2000) when I was deciding where we should stay for our first trip I was considering Old Key West…for the large, expensive villas. Back then I didn’t know enough that we didn’t need, and couldn’t afford, a villa for our 4-5 day stay. Nevertheless, we checked out Old Key West. Nothing really struck me as terribly interesting about it, but there was a large sandcastle shaped slide at the pool, which looked cool. The themeing in the lobby was also charming. What put me off were the separate complexes that housed the villas and rooms. I tend to prefer a big, connected resort that contains all the rooms (for example, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge). What was nifty was that there were some crafts available to make for Mothers Day so I got a little mouse (not Mickey, mind you) made out of a towel and a pipe cleaner along with some sticky eyes. It was very cute and Mom liked it, but she said I could have it since I liked it so much. After our little tour of the resort we finally went to the airport and said goodbye to sunny Florida and the awesomeness and splendor that is the Walt Disney World Resort. As for future plans to go to the World? While we don’t plan on going to Disney WORLD per say, we have it in our heads that when I finally get a kidney we will take a cross-country road trip in an RV out to visit our relatives in Arizona…and from there go to Disneyland! Proof that the magic of Disney will NEVER, EVER die! Thanks for reading my long report and have a magical day!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America; with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world,”-Disneyland Opening Dedication

…. will Disneyland be next?

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    What a great report!!! I'm sure you will get back to the World sooner than you think. My brother is waiting on a bone marrow transplant so i know how that can be...we'll keep you in our prayers!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Wow... I do not think I could ever write a trip report that even compares to the 6 page one you have done... Thanks for Sharing!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    thanks for sharing it was awesome!! and you will get to the disneyland sooner than you think! were praying for ya!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great report! You made me feel like I was there with you.
    Here's hoping you get back to WDW really, really soon.
    Your mom is very pretty! You're a lucky guy.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great report! I wouldn't have the patience to type out a 6 part report