Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Epcot on the 17th in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone interested in a simple one-day trip report of Epcot w/ a few pictures?...
    Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder

Epcot on the 17th

Anyone interested in a simple one-day trip report of Epcot w/ a few pictures?

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Absolutely! Get busy writing! I expect something to read over coffee tomorrow morning.

**POTENTIAL RIDE SPOILERS**

Well we left West Palm Beach at around 6am, got into the Epcot Parking Lot at around 8:45am, and was past the gates at 9am.

So of course, like every trip I make to Epcot, was to go on Spaceship Earth. A classic, and not so happy about Seimens messing around with it in the months to come, so possibly sad this will be the last time I'll ride it in its current state. Now that I think about it, I believe that was the very first time I've ridden Spaceship Earth without it pausing for another rider.

So after that we went straight to The Land to get fastpasses for Soarin'. We saw that Living with the Land had NO wait, so we decided to take advantage of that while we were there, and promptly boarded the boat. I noticed we didn't have a guide with us like we had in past times. Still a good ride as always.

After that, we decided to check out the new "Seas" area with Nemo theming. It was alright, I like the queue area for the clam mobiles, and the effects in the ride were great. I'm not sure how they did the bioluminescent, deep sea creature, I say it was an Animatronic, my friend says it was a film clip. While the dark ride and such is great, I still miss the old "Seas" with the Hydrolators and such.

We then made the mandatory pit stop at "Ice Station Cool" with the sodas from around the world, tasting "Beverly" again to see if it has changed at all, and bitterly reminded that it hasn't! Is it just me, or do you think Coca-cola would make tons of money if they sold bottles or full drinking cups of the soda there? Or even offer them in their respective country in World Showcase? I know that'd be the only thing I'd drink!

Anyways, after that, we decided to make our way to Universe of Energy. When we got there, I saw it roped off and got worried. Turned out the ride broke down early in the day and was scheduled to reopen later in the day. I was determined to ride Universe of Energy. It is one of my favorite rides, especially for the music, and last time I rode it it broke down in the middle of the ride.

So I guess the Cast Member guarding the ropes saw the worried look on our faces and gave us fastpasses for either Mission:Space, Maelstrom, or Honey, I shrunk the audience. We chose the first. This was the very first time my friend and I rode Mission:Space, so we decided to take "Green Team" version of Mission:Space, as we both have problems with rides that spin. We got on and loved it, a really great ride that is just fine without the G's. My only complaint is that they still blow the anti-sick cold air on your faces, even without the G's. After we got off the ride, that was the only time where It felt good getting out into the mid 90 degree heat!

So when we left there, our fastpasses were ready to be used for Soarin'. Soarin' is a great ride! I've been on it before, but my friend hadn't, and he loved it as much as Mission:Space.

So after Soarin, we decided to check back on Universe of Energy, and it was open! So we rode on that. I like that ride because it seems very "grand". Everything in the ride is big, the whole theater moves, the dinosaurs move, the audio is loud. It's the grandness that makes me like it so much! That, and the music!

So after that, we decided to obtain fastpasses for Test Track, our all out favorites! We saw that the return time was several hours later, so we decided to give Future World a rest and proceed to World Showcase. We were very hungry and went country to country looking for something to eat. We wanted to eat at the buffet at Germany, but saw the wait time was 50 minutes. So we finally ended up eating at something I've never taken time out to even look at: Morocco! I had a lamb pita with some interesting Moroccan cuisine.

After satiating our hunger, we backtracked our steps to Mexico, and rode the new boat ride with Donald and Friends (Can't think of the name off-hand). I was a fan of the original boat ride, but I'd say this keeps the spirit of the old boat ride intact. What I definitely liked about it is that the update to the video is great. It uses much of the same footage from the original, but adds a few spots of Donald and his friends. The updated video is very crisp and very clear compared to the old technology used. It gave the ride a very very polished feel that I felt was lacking from the original. I'd say It's a worthy update to the original.

After Mexico, we then went to Norway, another country I've never spent time in, and rode, for the first time, Maelstrom. I really thought this ride was underwhelming. I guess it was state of the art back when it was made, but when I rode it, I felt that it wasn't a great ride for the ride's sake. I love the culture and such of Norway, and the scenery in the ride was great, which really boosted the ride in my opinion.

After Norway, we went to China's circle vision show, and my friend got a little sick after watching it. I told him that Canada's show was also circle vision, and he said he didn't want to see it.

After China, we made our way to America. We saw the Liberty Singers, but right before they ended, we had to go to the restroom, and missed the Animatronics Show.

We then proceeded to France, a country I looked forward to visiting as I visited the real thing just two months earlier. We watched the show, and it brought back memories of the things I saw in Paris when I went. That show is always relaxing with the music. It is a great show to unwind by.

So after that unwinding moment, we had to wind ourselves back up again, and what better way to do so but with our ripe fastpasses ready for Test Track! There's something about Test Track that always gives me that pre-ride anxiety I get when riding new rides. So we get on Test Track, and I found the best seat to sit in for my height - the middle front. There was plenty of leg room. The last times I went my legs were cramped and I had to fold them over in an odd way, so when I went around the final bend they painfully cramped up. This time it didn't happen, and made the ride that much better! My friend and I agree - Test Track is AWESOME!

So after that, we decided to check out Innoventions. Nothing special, as I am a technology fanatic and keep up with most technology out there, so most of it seemed very old and already industry standard. Multi-touch screens and multi-layered photo and image community interfaces is what I look for!

After that, we were halfway to "Journey into Imagination + Figment". I had never really ridden the original, so this was the first time I rode this ride. Despite the kid oriented nature of it, I enjoyed it for it's presentation, the "Imagination Institute" theme. Something about it just has this charm to it, and I like the way it incorporates Inventors from other Disney movies with it. The bang towards the end was very shocking!

After that ride, a Cast Member called out saying that the last showing of "Honey, I shrunk the audience" of the day was seating. Now, I HATED this show as a kid, the whole mice thing is not my cup of tea, and the whole show seemed boring after that part. My least favorite show there. Since I hated it as a kid, I never went back to it. Until today. I decided to bite the bullet and give it another try. We watched the new 8 minute long Kodak commercial, which I started to fall asleep on. After that, we seated in the "Auditorium", and noticed alot of changes. The theater changed a bit, and, the show changed, I think. I really don't know if the show changed or not, but I found out that I really liked the show I saw yesterday and was laughing through the whole bit. It was great. As a kid, I don't remember the floor shaking when the larger than life people walked around, but if it did, then I guess It's the same show. Anyone want to help me out here? lol

So after "Audience", we decided to finish up the last bit of countries. We went to the UK, and was also wanting to see this country too, as I went to the real UK just two months ago. Epcot's Hampton Court looked nothing like the real thing, in my opinion. While I was in the UK, I wanted to look for a London "Underground" shirt, as they didn't have any 3x when I was in London. I couldn't find any, but this really nice person at the cash register said they'd be coming in around September, and gave me the phone number and such so that I could call in and order it when they came in!

So after my search that didn't yield what I searched for, but was not fruitless, we decided to have Fish and Chips in the UK. After eating dinner, we realized we forgot to see the Animatronics Show at America. So we raced over there and got seated just in time for the show. The show in my opinion was very long and dragged out, especially toward the end. I felt the show got really cocky towards the end about America. It's a dont-miss show, but I felt it could be better.

So after America, we were just in time for Illuminations! We found a great spot right on the water, and saw the whole show, unobstructed and all, unlike last times, where our view was obstructed by trees and people, this spot was perfect!

So after the fireworks show, we made our way back to the parking lot, very satisfied that we got to do almost everything except Canada. We bought our Test Track photo, and went to Motel 6 for the night.

The next day we spent about an hour at Downtown Disney, nothing special. Ghirardelli, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck, Rainforest cafe, all places we have back at home, so there wasn't much to do or see there. We liked the renovated Lego store, and the new *gasp* Pieces wall literally made me drool! And if I didn't drool enough, I saw a shiny, big Lego jet in a display case, and thought real hard for 15 minutes whether I should buy it. I decided nay, and if I changed my mind, I could always get it online.

So after that, we decided to make our way to the monorails to ride. Went around resorts a few times, and then went around Epcot a few times. I got a few good videos and pictures.

After that, we made our way back home, very tired and exhausted!

Speaking of exhausted, I'm too tired to upload pictures, I'll tackle that sometime tomorrow! Here's one picture to get started...

Last edited by Andyxox; 06-20-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks for posting your report, it was most enjoyable. I also enjoy Impressions de France, especially the music. Glad you gave Moroccan cuisine a shot, was that at Tangierine or Marrakesh?

Great shot, you look terrified!

Simonhp is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great trip report

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Thanks for sharing and what a great trip report!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I enjoyed this.... looking forward to some pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Thanks for posting your report, it was most enjoyable. I also enjoy Impressions de France, especially the music. Glad you gave Moroccan cuisine a shot, was that at Tangierine or Marrakesh?

Great shot, you look terrified!
    Tangierine Cafe

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Great trip report! One day trip reports are always fun!

And don't be too sad about Spaceship Earth, I'm hopeful they may actual remodel this one correctly! :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyxox View Post
    ...After that, we decided to check out the new "Seas" area with Nemo theming. It was alright, I like the queue area for the clam mobiles, and the effects in the ride were great. I'm not sure how they did the bioluminescent, deep sea creature, I say it was an Animatronic, my friend says it was a film clip. While the dark ride and such is great, I still miss the old "Seas" with the Hydrolators and such....
    My brother said the creature was a puppet...I don't know if it is true.

Great report!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

There is sort of a screen in that area of the ride, between the clam mobiles and the creature, I think it's a "puppet" as you call it, on some sort of loop that makes it go around, the resulting effect is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    There is sort of a screen in that area of the ride, between the clam mobiles and the creature, I think it's a "puppet" as you call it, on some sort of loop that makes it go around, the resulting effect is really good.
    Thats what my guess was, an animatronic consisting of the puppet situated on a large, wildly swinging boom. Still, the effect is amazing.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It's Disney Magic---what do you mean!?!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyxox View Post
    Thats what my guess was, an animatronic consisting of the puppet situated on a large, wildly swinging boom. Still, the effect is amazing.
    You're right it is amazing...when we came around to it it lunged toward my clammoblie and scared me! It is truly a great effect.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Updated original post w/ pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast