Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss June 16-23 Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Wonderful! Again...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wonderful! Again
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

sandmansjupiter is offline A-Ticket holder

June 20, Day five

June 20, 2007
    Day five

I don’t think that I have explained to anyone till now that my father is obsessed with Epcot center…meaning that since we could chose today where we actually wanted to go, the choice was obvious. We decided to go back to Epcot and walk slower and walk into all the pavilions, see things in detail, and ride the rides again. Not to mention that my dad wanted to eat at a good place. ßThis again a problem that I end up dealing with all night.

I realized one thing that I haven’t mentioned and I wonder if anyone remembers…There is something called the “Cool Station” that serves soda from other countries. As a child I remember going into something like an igloo and it was very cold as you walked in, I want to say it even had iced walls. I bring this up because I always thought this structure was cool and this year I saw it as a store. The difference I guess is that it was much more adventurous before when you walked into an igloo and you were then given the chance to sample about 10 weird sodas and now you simply go into a store and you taste about 5 different drinks and there’s someone pushing frozen coke. My family was offered the coke product about 10x and mind you it’s not cheap, one cup about 5 dollars.

The world showcase seams to me the more exciting part of going to Epcot. I love gong into the shops and meeting the different people and actually learning something from their culture. I witnessed a very nice chorus in The American Adventure pavilion. A group of us sat on the floor and the choir sang to us. They sang beautifully. I wanted to have lunch at Bistro de Paris and was surprised to know that they do not open for lunch. As I stood their debating where to eat and CM from another restaurant named Chefs di France told us about lunch at her restaurant. I was hesitant because we where under dressed and it looked like a restaurant that was very uppity. We decided to go in anyway as we where all hungry. When we sat down I made sure to tell the waiter that we had the dinning plan and we where there to have a counter service lunch…he looked at me as if I was from another planet. I should have known something was wrong…but I stayed quiet and looked at the menu. I realized that if it wasn’t for the dinning plan I would definitely not be eating here…man it was expensive! The waiter said I could order an appetizer, meal, drink and dessert…I very shortly told him that we where here for lunch and he said that “that’s what we give for lunch” so I said ok whatever…I ordered as an appetizer (get this) lobster bisque and my dad had the classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese. My daughter had a salad and my son had a cheese filed pastry. As an entrée I had the classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad and my dad had grilled bavette steak with shallot confit in red wine, and fries. Both my kids had ground beef steaks in a brioche bun, served with French fries. For dessert I had the Creme brulee my dad had three different kinds of gelato scoops with a French cookie and my kids had ice cream. The food was very good. The total of this bill for LUNCH was $ 157.93. I almost died! The problem was as I got the bill I saw that it had reduces my tale service meals by 4. I tried to explain to the waiter what I had originally said of lunch vs. dinner but he didn’t understand and well I guess the phrase “lost in translation” comes to mind. Since we had already eaten I decided to deal with this another way asn speak to someone in Guest Services. I wanted to clear this up because I knew I had reservations for the rest of the week and if 4 credits where being used then at the end I would be missing some and therefore would have to pay for a dinner eventually. I walked up to Guest Relations and was told that the only ones who could help me were in City Hall at MK. I was really confused about why they would send me there but didn’t argue and went on my way. A full stomach and a bus ride later I walked into City Hall and Jeff helped me clear up the situation. He told me that sometimes in the pavilions they don’t understand how to say NO because they are taught to meet all guests needs. The language doesn’t help so he understood and solved the problem by calling that nights reservation restaurant , The Liberty Tree, and telling them that my dinner was to paid for by the park and not by my dinner plan. I was embarrassed because it sounded like what I was doing was trying to get a free dinner. That wasn’t the case I swear!

At MK I got a nice picture of the fountain that has Cinderella and the crown behind her. I managed to take a good picture of the crown sitting on her head. Dinner was at Liberty Tree. I didn’t think anything of this dinner. We ate bread, salad, vegetables, macaroni & cheese, chicken, ribs, turkey, ham, and for dessert apple cobbler. I must say that the food was ok…just ok nothing spectacular. The setting was family style and I can’t help but think that I didn’t feel welcome. I don’t know if it was because I didn’t have to pay for dinner or if maybe I was just predisposed to a bad night due to the previous issue. One good thing was that my kids got pictures with Chip and Dale, Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy. Spectromagic was more beautiful the second time around. My second ordeal of the night was the bus ride to the hotel. The bus driver picked us up and drove around at least for 40 minutes. I again wondered why it takes about 10 minutes to get there in the morning and an hour to get beck to the hotel. I didn’t mind waiting to get on the bus but it really angered me that they have to take so may roads...anyway I was tired and my kids sat in the little space between two scooters I guess that and the time of night just got to me at the end. All was well when we got to the hotel though because I had some more of my daughters chocolate birthday cake.

Day six coming up soon…

June 20 Day Five

June 20, 2007
    Day five

I don’t think that I have explained to anyone till now that my father is obsessed with Epcot center…meaning that since we could chose today where we actually wanted to go, the choice was obvious. We decided to go back to Epcot and walk slower and walk into all the pavilions, see things in detail, and ride the rides again. Not to mention that my dad wanted to eat at a good place. ßThis again a problem that I end up dealing with all night.

I realized one thing that I haven’t mentioned and I wonder if anyone remembers…There is something called the “Cool Station” that serves soda from other countries. As a child I remember going into something like an igloo and it was very cold as you walked in, I want to say it even had iced walls. I bring this up because I always thought this structure was cool and this year I saw it as a store. The difference I guess is that it was much more adventurous before when you walked into an igloo and you were then given the chance to sample about 10 weird sodas and now you simply go into a store and you taste about 5 different drinks and there’s someone pushing frozen coke. My family was offered the coke product about 10x and mind you it’s not cheap, one cup about 5 dollars.

The world showcase seams to me the more exciting part of going to Epcot. I love gong into the shops and meeting the different people and actually learning something from their culture. I witnessed a very nice chorus in The American Adventure pavilion. A group of us sat on the floor and the choir sang to us. They sang beautifully. I wanted to have lunch at Bistro de Paris and was surprised to know that they do not open for lunch. As I stood their debating where to eat and CM from another restaurant named Chefs di France told us about lunch at her restaurant. I was hesitant because we where under dressed and it looked like a restaurant that was very uppity. We decided to go in anyway as we where all hungry. When we sat down I made sure to tell the waiter that we had the dinning plan and we where there to have a counter service lunch…he looked at me as if I was from another planet. I should have known something was wrong…but I stayed quiet and looked at the menu. I realized that if it wasn’t for the dinning plan I would definitely not be eating here…man it was expensive! The waiter said I could order an appetizer, meal, drink and dessert…I very shortly told him that we where here for lunch and he said that “that’s what we give for lunch” so I said ok whatever…I ordered as an appetizer (get this) lobster bisque and my dad had the classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese. My daughter had a salad and my son had a cheese filed pastry. As an entrée I had the classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad and my dad had grilled bavette steak with shallot confit in red wine, and fries. Both my kids had ground beef steaks in a brioche bun, served with French fries. For dessert I had the Creme brulee my dad had three different kinds of gelato scoops with a French cookie and my kids had ice cream. The food was very good. The total of this bill for LUNCH was $ 157.93. I almost died! The problem was as I got the bill I saw that it had reduces my tale service meals by 4. I tried to explain to the waiter what I had originally said of lunch vs. dinner but he didn’t understand and well I guess the phrase “lost in translation” comes to mind. Since we had already eaten I decided to deal with this another way asn speak to someone in Guest Services. I wanted to clear this up because I knew I had reservations for the rest of the week and if 4 credits where being used then at the end I would be missing some and therefore would have to pay for a dinner eventually. I walked up to Guest Relations and was told that the only ones who could help me were in City Hall at MK. I was really confused about why they would send me there but didn’t argue and went on my way. A full stomach and a bus ride later I walked into City Hall and Jeff helped me clear up the situation. He told me that sometimes in the pavilions they don’t understand how to say NO because they are taught to meet all guests needs. The language doesn’t help so he understood and solved the problem by calling that nights reservation restaurant , The Liberty Tree, and telling them that my dinner was to paid for by the park and not by my dinner plan. I was embarrassed because it sounded like what I was doing was trying to get a free dinner. That wasn’t the case I swear!

At MK I got a nice picture of the fountain that has Cinderella and the crown behind her. I managed to take a good picture of the crown sitting on her head. Dinner was at Liberty Tree. I didn’t think anything of this dinner. We ate bread, salad, vegetables, macaroni & cheese, chicken, ribs, turkey, ham, and for dessert apple cobbler. I must say that the food was ok…just ok nothing spectacular. The setting was family style and I can’t help but think that I didn’t feel welcome. I don’t know if it was because I didn’t have to pay for dinner or if maybe I was just predisposed to a bad night due to the previous issue. One good thing was that my kids got pictures with Chip and Dale, Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy. Spectromagic was more beautiful the second time around. My second ordeal of the night was the bus ride to the hotel. The bus driver picked us up and drove around at least for 40 minutes. I again wondered why it takes about 10 minutes to get there in the morning and an hour to get beck to the hotel. I didn’t mind waiting to get on the bus but it really angered me that they have to take so may roads...anyway I was tired and my kids sat in the little space between two scooters I guess that and the time of night just got to me at the end. All was well when we got to the hotel though because I had some more of my daughters chocolate birthday cake.

Day six coming up soon…

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmansjupiter View Post
    June 20, 2007

My second ordeal of the night was the bus ride to the hotel. The bus driver picked us up and drove around at least for 40 minutes. I again wondered why it takes about 10 minutes to get there in the morning and an hour to get beck to the hotel. I didn’t mind waiting to get on the bus but it really angered me that they have to take so may roads...
    You may already know this but my suggestion is the next time, stay at Pop Century if you can. My understanding is they have their OWN bus. The All Star resorts share a bus between the three of them. You may already know this but I thought I would share. Going on vacation on Fathers Day is awesome. Our last trip was on father's day. We spent the actual day at Daytone with my dad and my Father in law. It was without a doubt the best father's day ever!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    sounds like such a fun trip!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    You may already know this but my suggestion is the next time, stay at Pop Century if you can. My understanding is they have their OWN bus. The All Star resorts share a bus between the three of them. You may already know this but I thought I would share. Going on vacation on Fathers Day is awesome. Our last trip was on father's day. We spent the actual day at Daytone with my dad and my Father in law. It was without a doubt the best father's day ever!
    I had originally heard of the private buses of Pop Century but i had also heard that the hotel was a little run down so I opted for the ASM...That was just a rummor from a friend anyway...

What's Daytone?

I was inquiring before on what to do for Fathers Day but no one had an thoughts, what I did was I gave him our present that morning and aranged with the hotel for balloons and a signed Mickey card for fathers day. I also bought some snacks and we had it all in the room for a late night celebration.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    anxiously awaiting day six
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12