Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss June 15-25 Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I just returned from my trip to Disney and the orlando area, I'm tired now but I'll start the post tommorrow or soon and finish when i fine the chance...
    msxpuck339 is offline E-Ticket Holder

June 15-25 Report

I just returned from my trip to Disney and the orlando area, I'm tired now but I'll start the post tommorrow or soon and finish when i fine the chance
    "So you must plan for the future, boy! You've got to find a direction! You've... oh, er... By the by, which direction is this castle of yours? "

Hopefully moving a lot closer to the mouse this fall

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    looking forward to it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

I would give a cast list like I've seen many people do, but the cast of this trip included 18 family members, including myself, and my girlfriend. So I won't include a full cast list but one that includes the people I spent most of my trip with and who I'll reference. Also Could anyone tell me how to put an image into your post not as an attachment but as an actual image in the post. After I figure out how to do this I'll put pictures from the trip in my report.

Me=Me
    My Girlfriend=Tinker Bell
    Dad=Grumpy
    Mom=Daisy

those are the three I think will be included the most in the story any other people will be referenced by their relation to me

Day 1- June 15th
    Me and my family woke up at 4 am on Friday morning because our car was coming at 430. We got into our car and headed off to the airport. At the gate the kids started to ask questions because they were under the impression that we were heading to Virginia Beach. So they were finally informed on the true location and were all estatic. The plane ride was fine and we actually arrived in Orlando early. After getting off the plane we took another car service to our hotel. We were staying at the All Star Movies hotel. We checked in and settled in to our rooms. After just sitting around for a while we decided since it was only noon we might as well do a water park for the day. So we headed over to Typhoon Lagoon, which I personally think is overall better then Blizzard Beach especially with the addition of Crush n' Gusher. So we stayed there for 5 hours and then headed back to the hotel. We had dinner at the hotal and then me and Tinkerbell decided that because we had an extra day on our passes that we would not be able to use during our time at Disney that we do Magic Kingdom that night because it had Extra Magic Hours that night. So we went over there. For the first few hours it was packed and we didn't get to do many rides. However as it got later the park started to clear out and the lines were very short. So we started by doing Fantasy Land because there were absolutely no lines, as I imagine most people at the EMH were older and wanted to do the more thrilling rides. It was nice as I had not done most of these rides in a long time. The Peter Pan ride is really good and I had forgotten that so I was happy. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is a decent ride, however I feel Mr. Toad's ride was better and shouldn't have been replaced. I did get the chance to see the picture of Mr. Toad giving Owl the deed which was interesting to see. We did not get to ride Dumbo as the line was still extrememly long even at 1130. We then headed over to Frontier Land where we did Splash Mountain, which could be one of my favorite rides in Disney World, along with Big Thunder Mountain. Both of which we walked right onto with maybe a 5 minute wait. So after riding these two rides, Splash Mountain 2 or 3 times, we went to Adventureland where it was straight to Pirates of the Caribbean. I like that the ride was not changed much because it was alwasy a good ride, the addition of Jack was cool and he looked extremely real. Also the Davey Jones affect at the beggining with the fake waterfell was really cool so kudos to Disney for updating a classic ride but not ruining it. It was then off to Tommorrow land where I rode both of the new rides, Stitch and Moster. Stitch was not very good but I thought it was humorus as oppossed to my girlfriend who hated it because of the smell whe Stich breathes on you. The Comedy Floor was really funny I thought, you may not think so if your "That Guy" but I found it humourus, but that could have been because I was tired and everything gets funnier when your tired. Space Mountain had about a 40 minute wait and at 1 in the morning we did not feel like waiting. So it was on to the People Mover which is a classic and then Buzz Lightyear. I scored 231,000 which I thought was good untill I read the thread on Buzz scores and saw how many people got 999,999 I wish I could get that maybe sometime. So after BUzz we decided to call it a day so we left. On the way down Main Street we stopped in the candy store where I got cotton candy and Tinkerbell got a huge Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treat. We walked out to our bus and headed back to the hotel to go to bed for the night.

All I can do for now but the next days will be coming soon.
    "So you must plan for the future, boy! You've got to find a direction! You've... oh, er... By the by, which direction is this castle of yours? "

gosh it sounds like a awesome first day!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    very awesome, indeed
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Day 2- June 16th

On the second day, after the long first night it was up early for morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom. The first thing to do in Animal Kingdom was Expedition Everest. Which was an awesome ride the first time around. But after that it was not as great as the best part was not knowing what was coming. So we did Everest twice, just walking on the standby line, then left to venture out to do other things. We went to Dinoland to do Countdown to Extinction, or Dinosour as its called now, I prefer the original name. And also did the primevil whirl. I don't like the section of the park where the primevil whirl is, the whole carnival feel does not fit right into Disney World in my opinion. Then it was over to Asia to do the Kali River Rapids, and then Africa for Safari. After that we had lunch at some place in Africa and In an attempt to rejoing my party, we got sperated by the railings use to create lines where you pick up food, I knocked over a coke that the guy had just made and he was nto happy in the least. After Lunch it was on to the Tree of Life for It's Tough to Be A Bug, and then back to the hotel to rest up for the park we would do that night. Back at the hotel I took like a 3 hour nap and was woken up and instructed to get ready to go to MGM. MGM was great that night, except that Rockin' Roller Coaster had been broken for a couple of days so no riding it then. But the Tower of Terror was open and with a 15 minute wait we had to do it 3 or 4 times. Then me and Tinkerbell opted to skip Fantasmic to do some other rides at MGM. So we did the Great Movie Ride and Star tours and then the Tower of Tower again and rejoined our party after Fantasmic to head back to the hotel for the night.

Day 3- June 17th

Sunday Morning was Epcot. I had to leave my party going to epcot because I forget my wallet with my park pass. But this created a world of problems as I needed my room key, which was in my wallet to get into my room to get my wallet. So i had to go the front desk who promised to send someone up to the room to open it. I waited 30 minutes and no one came so I returned to the front desk and the lady there personally went with me to open my room. So I had my pass and I was ready to go. I arrived at Epcot and my family was in line for Test Track already. So I went and did Mission Space becuase it was close and had a short wait time. After that I rejoined my party and got to do Test Track with a Fast pass that they had gotten me already. Then it was off to the Land to do Soarin'. I liked the ride but I don't think I would ever wait in the standby line to ride it becuase its not worth a 75 minute wait. Then we went over to do Spaceship earth because there was a long line for the Seas and we wanted to take a little rest. Spaceship Earth had like a 20 minute wait whihc is surprising because I have never waited in like for that ride. No breakdown when I was riding which I was proud of. After Spaceship Earth it was back to the Seas to do that so we could see the changes. However, we just missed a showing of Turtle Talk with Crush and the little kids did not have the pacience to wait for the next one so we left. Epcot was dissappointing as lots of the rides were closed down during the day we were there so I didn't get to the figment, or Ellen. So we left Epcot, becuase the kids did not want to go see World Showcase. So we rested at the Hotel for a while before doing Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom again, then time with the whole clan. So Extra Magic Hours again proved to be the best thing ever and I got a Magical Moment after doing Space Mountain. The Lady asked us to play the Daytona Race game and she gave the winner, me a magical moment certificate. So we did all the same rides again and this time left around 1245.

sorry it took a while but Ive been working a lot these past two weeks to get ready for the 4th of July rush

sounds liek great fun!! but the 30 wait for no one to show up to get you in your room ****s
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    sounds like you had a good time.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Sorry again for the delay, and my memory is a little fuzzy at this point but ill try to remember what happened the next couple days

Day 4

Monday was back to MGM where it was more Tower of Terror, and finally a ride on the Rockin' Roller Coaster since it was now open. We opted for the single riders line which helped the wait but when we arrived at the final wait area after the movie it got a little hectic. The Lady running the line continued to elect not to use the single riders line and decided to take odd number groups and pair them with other odd numbered groups to fill the void instead of using the singles line, which is why i believe its there. So one family in front of of us in line took it upon themselves to jump into the regular line which caused a dleay as people asked them if they did and they claimed not to have even though every in both lines said they did. So after that got squared away we got to ride the ride. Its a great ride, a little short but none the less still great. We then tried to get into the indian jones show which was already filled, so we did the muppet ride, and thent he backlot tour before heading to the lights motor action show. This show is such a great addition and could be one of the best shows i have ever seen. the car that has been reversed with the driver seat in the back was really cool, so was the "remote control" car they had. After that we headed back to the hotel to rest for the day. Then me and tinkerbell headed to downtown disney for a little shopping. Here i was able to purchase volume 1 of ducktales the show along with the funny factory huey dewey and louie addition, both of which are awesome. We stayed at downtown disney untill about 1030 and then went back to the hotel to call it a night.

Day 5

Tuesday was back to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast at the Crystal Palace. THis is the highlight of Disney vacation all the time. Nothing beats having custom omelettes made along with the french toasts puffs, and the winnie the pooh characters are just icing on an already delicious cake. So after breakfast me and tinkerbell decided since we had done the Magic Kingdom three times already that we would just explore the park that day, something i must admit i have never done during a Disney vacation. I got to see the water fountain with Cinderalle and the crown. I saw alot of the people of main street, including an eccentric lady who wad etermined to free the trees from jail. We did find time to do its a small world and Splash Mountain one last time before heading to the hotel for the night. Later on that night we went to the Contemporary and the California Grill for dinner. Dinner was great, although we did have a lot of trouble undertsanding the menu but the waitress was very helpful. Dinner was fabulous and viewing wishes, for my first time, from the observation deck was amazing too.

Day 6

Our last day on Disney property including packing up our stuff in the hotal room and moving it into the rental cars and then heading to Blizzard Beach. I finally did Summit Plummit, quite an accomplishment i felt. However while waiting in line a lady about 10 people in front of me, to put it politely, lost control of herself ont eh way down the slide. This caused a back up and allowed me more tiem to admire the height and get more and more scared. Then while watching my brother and little cousins in the ski patrol area a summer camp group there for the day experienced to near death experienced in about 5 minutes. One little kid went down the sling line hit the water and realized he could not swim causing the life gaurd to come to his aid. All the while, another little bnoy from the same group as him, and who i later found out was his brother, watched this experience and was still determined to do it. He also hit the water and realized he couldnt swim again calling the life gaurd to action. That was it for the day at Blizzard BEach. We then left Disney where we went to a house we had rented for the second half of our trip. The house was beautiful, it was in a development, i forget the name, but all the people rent their houses out to vacationers. Here we stayed while we did other attractions in the Orlando area, including Universal Studios. I wont give a recap of the time at Universal because overall it does not compare to Disney as far as the experience goes, but the roller coasters there are amazing. But other the doing rides there is nother to really do, unlike Disney wehere you can aimlessly walk around the park and still have the best time of your life. We did do the blue man group in universal one night which is a very interesting show, but definately worthwile to go see.

In all that concludes my trip.

sounds so awesome.. i would love to see the blue man group i seen a show on tv and thought it was so awesome.. and my hubby being a musican would so love it!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy