Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report July 8-14 in the Vacation Planning forums; Great report. I hope you had a chance to eat at Artist's Point. We've had some great meals there. Looking forward to more of your report....
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great report. I hope you had a chance to eat at Artist's Point. We've had some great meals there. Looking forward to more of your report.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    Great trip report so far.. Thanks for sharing... Are you going to post any pictures?
    thats a good idea, i will see if i can upload some
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Day 4: Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Animal Kingdom:

That morning we went to animal kingdom. The first thing we did was fast pass Kilimanjaro safaris because the line was pretty long. Then we went on its tough to be a bug to kill some time before it was time to watch the finding nemo musical. Then we went to get in line for the nemo musical. We waited in line for 45 minutes in the burning sun but it was well worth it. The show was absolutely amazing! The singers and songs were great and I loved the show more than I did the movie. After seeing nemo we ate at the tusker house for lunch and then got in line for Kilimanjaro safaris. The fast pass line moved very quickly and we got to the beginning of the line within a few minutes. At this point the line seemed to last forever. They weren’t using every car to board passengers. They used every other car instead. I figured this was because they had changed the safari somewhat (the audio parts) so they were trying to train the cast members to interact with the new audio. We finally got on the safari and I noticed right away that they had taken mrs. Jobson out of the show. This made me sad because I miss when simba 1 says to her: mrs. Jobson, they are not called thomson’s gazelle’s, they are TOMMIES” lol that was my favorite part! But it is there no longer. Also little and big red are gone, and now it is just “the baby elephant” I miss little and big red too. So Kilimanjaro safaris was kind of disappointing, I really wish Disney would just leave well enough alone and not change the attractions. Well anyways, we then went to go see the ride time for kali. It was kind of long so we decided not to ride it and to head back to the wilderness lodge for awhile.

That night we ate at the roaring fork at the wilderness lodge and then headed on to MGM on the bus. They played show tunes on the bus including the brady bunch theme song. I have never noticed it on any of my trips before, but the busses play different music depending on where they are going. Our bus driver was cool. He told us that it is rumored that Disneyland could fit into the magic kingdom parking lot and there would be 500 spaces left over! That’s pretty cool.

MGM Studios:

The first thing we did was muppet vision 3D. I looked for the key under the mat but I didn’t have very long to look for it. The line was very short so the rest of my family kept walking into the briefing room while I looked for the key. I lifted up the mat halfway and didn’t see it and then I ran to catch up. Ive been told its still there so next time I am lifting up the mat all the way. Muppet vision was good as usual (it is my favorite 3D show) After muppet vision we went to go check out the backlot tour. It had already closed for the day though and we had missed being able to go on It by only a few minutes. That was disappointing because I always like the part where you go through the costume department and get to see all the costumes used in recent Disney movies. Then we rode star tours and afterwards one man’s dream. I love going through one man’s dream and looking at all of walt disney’s accomplishments and seeing all the old Disney merchandise (which I wish I owned) and watching the film at the end. We then went on tower of terror. Everything was going normally and then it just stopped. There was totally darkness and awkward silence so people just started mumbling and laughing. It started back about a minute later, and was normal the rest of the way. When the elevator doors opened again the bellhop guy told us all to get off as quickly as we could. That was kind of weird, I was thinking maybe there was a backup? And that’s why the ride starts but I really don’t know for sure. The last thing we did was the great movie ride and then we headed back to the wilderness lodge for the night.

Day 5: Thursday, July 12, 2007

Epcot:

We went to Epcot and the first thing I noticed was the letters on the Epcot wand coming down. When we were there earlier that week all the letters had been there, now on one side of the wand it said “Ep” and on the other there was just an “E” The first thing we did was fast pass test track. Then we went to go ride soarin’. The wait time was 45 min (I think) However, we did not have to wait that long. We got on the ride almost immediately. Then we went back to ride it again and got on it within about 10 minutes, that was so awesome! In the line instead of having the environmental questions there were big screens that said “the land” (I think that’s what it said) but I didn’t really see a point for having them there. I learned after I got home that they play a game using those screens, I guess the lines weren’t long enough for us to play the game. We ate at the electric umbrella for lunch and then went to club cool. I miss it when it used to be ice station cool and they had the frozen tunnel but I still love getting the soda from different countries. Then it was time to use our fast passes for test track. I found a mickey in the queue (the one on the desk) so that was cool. Our ride vehicle broke down around the part where you “crash” through the wall. It would stop and we would wait 5 or so minutes and then it would start again and then come to a quick stop a few feet later. Eventually we went through the doors and went on the big loop. After test track we were going to walk around world showcase but we decided it was too hot. I did buy some mickey crocs though! They are light pink with a white strap. Sooo many people were wearing mickey crocs at Disney world, they sure made a good decision in making those. It was hot so we headed back to the wilderness lodge.

On our way back we rode in the front of the black monorail which was fun! I went to the pool when we got back which was fun. We ate at the whispering canyon café for dinner. The food was so amazing! I got a pirate drink which came with a free glowing tinkerbell. I also got to see the glowtini which came with a fake-lightup icecube. The glowtini is the special drink made in honor of the year of a million dreams celebration. Anyways, the food was great and our waiter was very nice, so that was a lot of fun!

That was only part of day 5, more to come!

DisneyDreamz99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh man you really make me anxious to go. We are considering the Wilderness Lodge. I hope I can save enough to stay there!!!!

Day 5: Thursday, July 12, 2007 (continued)

Magic Kingdom:

That night we went to magic kingdom to do a few things. We tried to go on pirates but it was having "technical difficulties" so we had to find something else to do. The tiki room was close by and the next show was starting in about 5 minutes so we decided to do that. Afterwards we rode pirates of the caribbean, which was awesome! as usual. I luv pirates!! Then I got some popcorn (mainly to get the pirates at world's end bucket it came in) I didn't eat very much of it because I wasn't very hungry. My parents ate some and the rest we fed the ducks ( i love feeding the ducks at disney world, especially the babies) Then we did the laugh floor comedy club and the TTA and headed back to the wilderness lodge. We didn't want to over do it because our friends were coming on friday and we knew we were going to stay out late with them.

Day 6: Friday, July 13, 2007

Typhoon Lagoon:

We met up with our friends at typhoon lagoon (my friend and her mom) and did the majority of the slides there. We rode on crush n' gusher multiple times. We also did the storm slides and some of us (me, my friend, my bro and dad) rode on humunga kowabunga. We ate our lunch at typhoon lagoon and went in the wave pool and rode around in the lazy river.

Then we went back to the hotel for awhile to get ready to go to the magic kingdom that night. We ate the the roaring fork and rode the boat over to the contemporary and then rode the monorail to the magic kingdom.

Magic Kingdom:

The first thing we did was ride the TTA. There were some roudy boys on the ride who kept screaming random comments, so that was kind of annoying, but it didn't spoil my ride. Then we went on buzz lightyear's space ranger spin. I got 19,000 points which was better than the 17,000 points i had gotten a few days before, but it still wasn't great. Then we fast passed thunder mountain for later that night. Then we rode small world and pirates (i rode pirates 3 times during my vacation, hooray!) and then went on the jungle cruise. The skipper we had told a funny joke (which i missed, but I asked my parents what she had said) the joke was when we were going by the hippos she said: "don't act like a marble and hope the hippos aren't hungry hungry (a refernce to the board game hungry hungry hippos) lol, that was classic. Then it was time for wishes, which i absolutely love, it is so beautiful, and i have the music on my i-pod so i know all the words to it, lol. Then we went on thunder mountain, splash mountain, and the magic carpets of aladdin. Then I got a dole whip and everyone else got icecream on mainstreet. This lady then asked us what good rides were in tomorrowland and we were able to help her (i love knowing so much about disney world!) we told her to ride the TTA so she could see all of tomorrowland and we told her some rides she might like. Then we went on space mountain and coming off of it we rode on the handrails (it is two rides in one) The last thing we tried to do was peter pan but the line was really long and it was already 1ish so we decided to go back to the wilderness lodge for the night.

Day 7: Saturday, July 14, 2007

This was our last day at disney world . So we packed up and decided to drive to Epcot and do a few things before we had to go home.

Epcot:

More letters on spaceship earth were gone. On one side there was an "E" and on the other side there were no letters. We ate at the Yakotori house in Japan for lunch which was super yummy! Then we did the american adventure. We had some time before it started so the voices of liberty were performing. They sang a love song to this couple celebrating their anniversary (they had won it as a year of a million dreams prize) Then when we went into the auditorium they announced that it was their anniversary again and they announced that this girl and her friends were celebrating her bachelorette party. After the american adventure we rode maelstrom which had a very short wait. In the gift shop afterwards Geir Ness was there to promote his "essence of norway" fragrance line. So that was kinda cool. Then we got a churro in mexico and went on test track. We did the single rider line. I spotted two hidden mickeys (at least I think they are considered hidden mickeys) One was in the "hot room" and there was a mickey drawn on the marker board. The second one was in the "cold room" and there was a stuffed mickey on the desk. That was all we did in epcot and then we headed to downtown disney

Downtown Disney:

We stopped at downtown disney before we left so I could do some quick souvenier shopping before we had to leave. We went in the world of disney store and I picked out a pirate keychain (with captain jack sparrow) and then I saw peg legged pete! I wasn't sure where he had ended up but he is in the world of disney store where they sell the pirates merchandise.

So that was my disney vacation, I enjoyed it a lot and I can't wait to go back once again!!
    Last edited by Hakuna Matata; 07-25-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Here is the letter outside of the haunted mansion

sign for the nemo musical

the new screen in the soarin' queue

They updated the test track post-show pavillion and in place of the little bicycle like thing that was a ride they have these fuel cell things

the monorail decorated

the lion king topiary in world showcase
    Last edited by Hakuna Matata; 07-25-2007 at 08:06 PM.

the epcot wand coming down

the seas with nemo and friends

the grand fiesta tour

the hidden mickey i found in buz lightyear's space ranger spin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12